Dre Holmes led the Rivermen with 11 points and Joseph English added 10 | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
wzh123 Feb 9 '19
NEW YORK -- Hes still gliding through major draws in his 13th professional season, which means Jo-Wilfried Tsonga still knows what time it is. Air Max 270 Flyknit Womens .Time, in this particular instance, to discard the screaming fuchsia baseball cap after dropping Sundays third set to American Jack Sock and replace it with a jauntier, aerodynamically efficient headband. A necessary -- and successful -- change in karma.Tsonga, 31, and the No. 9 seed here, is into the quarterfinals of the US Open for the second year in a row after defeating the No. 26-seeded Sock 6-3, 6-3, 6-7 (7), 6-2.Tsonga, meanwhile, was one of three Frenchmen into the fourth round and is joined in the quarters by No. 10 Gael Monfils and, possibly, No. 24 Lucas Pouille, who was playing well against Rafael Nadal. He has been to the semifinals of the three other majors, but never here.Tsonga likely will have to get through No. 1 Novak Djokovic, who played unseeded Kyle Edmund in the night match, to do it.For me, its to always play the right shot, dont give him too much free point, Tsonga said of playing Djokovic. I will play my game. I will be aggressive, as always.For sure Andy [Murray] and Novak won a lot before, so they are I think the favorite. But we are all outsiders, and we all want a Grand Slam.Sock, 23, was looking to become first American man in the US Open quarterfinals in five years, following John Isner and Andy Roddick. Sock, the third-ranked U.S. man behind Isner (21) and Steve Johnson (22), knocked off 2014 US Open champion Marin Cilic in the third round.While Tsonga mastered the breezy conditions, subtly altering his approach depending on which way the wind was blowing, Sock played a little too fast and loose, spraying forehands all over jam-packed Louis Armstrong Stadium.His best stroke was a trick shot: a marvelous behind-the-back, between-the-legs drop shot on the half-volley that clipped the net cord for a winner in the third set. But in the fourth set, as the match was careening away from him, Sock lost his composure when he got into it with the people calling the lines.Open your eyes, seriously, he said with disdain at one point.For Sock, who fought off a match point in the third-set tiebreaker, this result should be an eye-opening experience.What does he need to do to break through and advance to a major quarterfinal?I mean, piece a few more things together on the court, Sock said later. As you guys can see, Im right there. My last match was a straight-set win over a past champion here. Today, hold a few more times in the first two sets, you never know. I felt obviously right there with him. Had chances to make it a different match.Six years ago, Sock was the junior boys champion here and, by and large, he has evolved admirably. He has worked hard to clean up his service return and fortify his backhand. The next step is developing the mental toughness to hang with the very best professionals in the biggest moments.These matches later in these tournaments, against higher-ranked guys, it comes down to a few points, Sock continued. The experience obviously helps. Hes been around for a while. Been in those positions. Each of these matches I played help me more in the next one.This was his second journey to the fourth round of a major, the first coming a year ago at Roland Garros, when he lost to Nadal. In Rio de Janeiro, Sock was the most decorated American tennis player, winning a gold medal with Bethanie Mattek-Sands in mixed doubles and a bronze with Steve Johnson in mens doubles.As always, the enormous, self-serving aspect of Tsongas game is what creates separation from most of his peers.Tsonga is not a towering presence, like Isner or Ivo Karlovic, but hes typically hovering among the ATP World Tours best servers in most categories. When he needs a big one, as he did numerous times against Sock, Tsonga usually delivers -- again and again.In the end, Sock could break Tsonga only once. Tsonga won 83 percent of his first serves, significantly better than Socks 68 percent, and lost only 12 points on his first serve.According to Hawk-Eye data, Socks average forehand traveled 79 mph, five faster than Tsongas, and his average net clearance was 63 centimeters, eight fewer than Tsongas. Sock, who had 39 unforced errors, might do well to follow that lead and take a little off the fastball and give himself a greater margin for error.And so, its been 52 majors (12 years and 362 days, but whos counting?) since an American man, Roddick, won a Grand Slam singles title. That was 2003, the same year Roger Federer won his first major.Sock is the oldest of a group of young Americans with a chance to do some serious damage going forward. Taylor Fritz, 18, lost to Sock in the first round. Jared Donaldson, 19, got to the third round. Frances Tiafoe, 18, forced Isner to a fifth-set tiebreaker in the first round. And 6-foot-11?Reilly Opelka, 19, has promise, too.I think the future looks good, Sock said. Promising players coming up playing very good tennis. I take pride in being the last one here. Obviously wanted to go out there and keep it going for not only myself but for the U.S. as a whole. Unfortunately, couldnt do that today.Hopefully in the future I can keep playing these second weeks, representing the best I can. Cheap Air Max 270 All Pink . Louis. To which I would say two things: 1. Where there is smoke, there is or perhaps has been a little fire. Or, in other words, the two teams would appear to have at least spoken. And spoken is defined as one calling the other to inquire, no more, no less. Air Max 270 Yellow . Thousands of fans at Mosaic Stadium will be cozying up to each other in an effort to stay warm in chilly temperatures and block the Prairie wind that locals say can knock your socks off. http://www.airmax270cheap.us/cheap-air-max-270-blue/ . Badenhop was 2-3 with a 3.47 ERA in 63 relief appearances for Milwaukee this season. He is 18-20 in his career with three saves and a 3. TERRE HAUTE, Ind. -- Matt Van Scyoc scored 14 points and made 4 of 5 3-pointers, the Sycamores shot 15 of 22 from beyond the arc (68 percent) and Indiana State rolled over Division II member Missouri-Saint Louis 96-55 in Saturday nights home opener.Brenton Scott scored 14 and had four steals, Donovan Franklin scored 13 points off the bench and made 5 of 5 free throws and Brandon Murphy scored 11 points.Van Scyoc drained a 3-pointer 52 seconds into the game and the Sycamores never traileed and never looked back. Air Max 270 Flyknit Kids. . Van Scyoc scored 11 points in the first half and the Sycamores shot 57 percent from the floor and led 50-22 at halftime.Van Syoc opened the second half with another 3 and Indiana State cruised. All 14 Sycamores who played scored at least a field goal.Dre Holmes led the Rivermen with 11 points and Joseph English added 10. Wholesale NFL Jerseys Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys From China Cheap Nike Basketball Jerseys Wholesale Hockey Jerseys China Nike Baseball Jerseys Cheap College Jerseys China Cheap Football Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Canada Wholesale NHL Jerseys Canada Wholesale Nike MLB Jerseys Canada Cheap NBA Jerseys Authentic Canada Stitched Soccer Jerseys Canada Cheap Jerseys Canada NFL ' ' '