going to keep him from getting even better, from remaining merely good. What does getting better | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
zgr123 Mai 5 '17
NEW YORK -- On a night where something special was needed, the New York Rangers produced and the Montreal Canadiens didnt. Bengals Hoodie . As a consequence, the Rangers are headed to their first Stanley Cup final in 20 years. And the Canadiens are going home, experiencing a dark cocktail of emotions after falling two wins short. Dominic Moore scored late in the second period and Henrik Lundqvist made 18 saves as the Rangers dispatched Montreal 1-0 on Thursday to win the Eastern Conference final four games to two. "We played, in my book, probably our best game of the playoffs," said Rangers coach Alain Vigneault. The Canadiens didnt. New York outshot Montreal 32-18, with the Habs putting just five shots on goal in the third period of a game that was not as close as the score sounds. It was a night and day compared to the Canadiens 7-4 win Tuesday at the Bell Centre. "Its tough because were so close. And were right there," said Montreal defenceman Josh Gorges. "Im a little bit lost for words because Im still trying to process this. Im still stunned. Its tough." Montreal sniper Max Pacioretty was brutally frank in the wake of the loss. "A night like tonight, our backs were against the wall," he said. "Weve been in that position before but there in the third period it almost seemed like -- myself especially -- guys were panicking. We got away from our game." New York really had a go at Montreal in the third, buzzing young goalie Dustin Tokarskis net. The Canadiens did not get a shot on net for the first nine minutes and were back on their heels the entire period. "The third period, I think we played our best period of the playoffs," said Lundqvist. "When it mattered the most, guys really stepped up." While the Canadiens missed passes and made bad decisions, the workmanlike Rangers did the little things right. Their finishing could have been better but didnt need to be given Montreals sputtering offence. "We gave them one chance in the first, four in the second, and nothing in the third," said Vigneault. "Shouldnt have been a 1-0 game, but you have to give their goaltender a lot of credit. He played outstanding." So was Lundqvist, who was pulled in the second period of Game 5 after giving up four goals on 19 shots. He returned to world-class form when he needed to be. The breakthrough came after the Rangers fourth line bottled the Habs up in their own end near the end of the second period. Boyle, left all alone behind the goal, sent a pass through defenceman Francis Bouillon and Moore snapped a shot past Tokarski on the stick side at 18:07 for his third of the playoffs. Defenceman Ryan McDonagh also drew an assist, his 10th of the playoffs. The Rangers last appearance in the final was 1994 when they defeated the Vancouver Canucks in seven games for their first title in 54 years. The Canadiens have not appeared in the final since 1993 when the dispatched the Los Angeles Kings in five games. New York will face either defending champion Chicago or the Kings, both formidable foes, as the final kicks off Wednesday in the West. Vigneault showed faith in his fourth line, starting the game with Moore, Brian Boyle and Derek Dorsett. They repaid him with the key goal on a night that saw the Rangers play with more urgency than the Canadiens before an amped crowd at Madison Square Garden. Tokarski was busier than Lundqvist but the Swede was spectacular in the second period when he made an amazing circus-like save with his arm and then blocker off Thomas Vanek. The save had a degree of difficulty that would have done an Olympic diver proud as the Rangers goalie, losing his stick in the process, corkscrewed his body to stop the close-range shot that deflected off a diving defenceman. Asked what he thought of the play, Vigneault replied: "Same thing you did. Wow." The Rangers scored soon after. Streamers flew through the air as the final whistle blew. The normally calm Lundqvist threw his arms in the air and was mobbed by his teammates. The crowd chanted "We want the Cup." With Brad Richards and Martin St. Louis, who won the Cup together a decade ago with Tampa, leading the decision-making process, the Rangers elected not to touch the Prince of Wales Trophy that goes to the Eastern Conference champion. Its been quite a journey for the Rangers who started the season 3-6 on the road as Madison Square Garden underwent massive renovations. Asked what he would have said if someone had told him in October that his team would go to the Cup final, Vigneault laughed. "In October?" he asked. "Probably I would have said what are you smoking?" Vigneault, in his first year as New Yorks coach, offered a calmer, different message than the fiery John Tortorella. It helped keep the train on track. Montreal also came together under fire. While there may be cause for celebration down the line, the season ends with regrets and questions. "We made some big progress this year," said coach Michel Therrien. "Im proud of this hockey team. We battled hard through the regular season and we battled hard in the playoffs." Pacioretty pointed to the emotional seven-game win over Boston in the series before. "You have success against a team like that, maybe you feel too good about yourself," he said. ""Its hard to pinpoint exactly what went wrong. But that could be one of them. Because we feel like we could have matched up pretty good against the Rangers but obviously didnt put up the effort we needed." Losing the first two games at home proved to be an obstacle Montreal couldnt overcome. "We played our hearts out for two series and then have a little bit of a letdown this series and its too late," Pacioretty lamented. Game 7 would have been Saturday night at the Bell Centre. For Montreal, it was a disappointing end to a surprising playoff run that won fans across the country as Canadas lone team in the post-season came within two wins of making the Stanley Cup final. "Lets push for a game 7!" Prime Minister Stephen Harper tweeted before the game. But the Canadiens, who lost star goalie Carey Price in Game 1, could not rise to the occasion. Therrien said after the game they expected Price would have been ready for Game 1 of the final. But the Habs had only praise for the 24-year-old goalie they call Ticker. "Tokarski played unbelievable, especially tonight," said Pacioretty. "That game could easily have been four or 5-0. They outplayed us tonight and he kept us in the game -- 1-0 is a very misleading score for that game." Tokarski said he was proud of his performance, adding he thought everyone on the team felt the same about their play. "But its still bitter and it sucks right now," he said. Tokarski went to the bench with 1:53 remaining and Lundqvist made a big save with his torso. Montreal used its timeout as Led Zeppelin and then Frank Sinatra rang around the arena. The win was the 42nd of Lundqvists playoff career, moving the 32-year-old past Mike Richter for the franchise lead. Richter backstopped the Blueshirts to the 94 Cup. It was also his ninth playoff shutout, tying him with Richter for the team lead. Lundqvist has a history of bouncing back from off nights. He was 5-2 with a .930 save percentage in games after a Rangers loss this post-season. "Its been tough .. I kept telling myself all day believe in what youre doing," said Lindqvist, looking like he had just walked off the set of "The Great Gatsby" in a charcoal pinstripe suit and plaid tie. Both teams had to adjust their lineups for Game 6. The Rangers were without defenceman John Moore, starting a two-game suspension for a hit on Dale Weise. Ex-Hab Raphael Diaz started in his place in the third defensive pairing. Brandon Prust returned from suspension for Montreal but Weise and defenceman Alexei Emelin were both out. Therrien said Weise, flattened by Moore last time out, was not suffering from a head injury but declined to elaborate. Emelin sat out Game 5 with an unannounced injury. The Rangers came out like men on a mission, outshooting the Habs 4-0 before Montreal captain Brian Gionta was called for goalie interference at 4:15. The Habs were incensed at the call, believing that Gionta was high-sticked on the play. At one point early on two Canadiens lost their sticks at the same time in their own zone. It took Montreal almost eight minutes to get its first shot on goal, a weak effort from Max Pacioretty. While Lundqvist lazed, Tokarski was stopping one shot after another -- some that he knew very little about. His mask took the brunt of one shot. The Canadiens didnt get their second shot until some 15 minutes into the period. But it was dangerous, forcing a good Lundqvist blocker save off Alex Galchenyuk as Montreal cooped the Rangers up in their own end. Montreal was outshot 11-5 in the first period and were lucky not to trail after 20 minutes. Each team had eight shots in the second period. A slashing penalty to Prust with 5:42 remaining in the game did not help the Montreal cause. But it delighted the crowd. The rest before the Cup final will be welcomed by the Rangers. They went seven games in each of the previous two rounds, wasting a 3-2 lead against Philadelphia and rallying from 3-1 down to dispatch the Penguins. Boomer Esiason Bengals Jersey .com) - James Harden needed just seven made field goals to drop 35 points on the Philadelphia 76ers, leading the Houston Rockets to a 104-93 win on Monday. Geno Atkins Youth Jersey . Cleveland has won the first two of this set and has won six straight games since losing back-to-back tilts to open the year. Seattle, on the other hand, has now lost six in a row following consecutive wins to kick off its campaign.TORONTO a€“ Coaches, parents, agents, friends, teammates, they all keep telling Morgan Rielly the same thing and hea€?s tired of it. The 20-year-old Maple Leafs defender doesna€?t believe, even remotely, in the myth of the sophomore jinx despite everything hea€?s heard about it. They all keep telling him to lower his expectations, to prepare for the dip many experience in their second twirl through the NHL, to simply shoot for the status quo of a standout rookie year. Rielly rejects it. He wants more and is determined to prove it. a€?Therea€?s people trying to say a€?just try to do what you did last yeara€? but I want to try to improve this year and I want to try to make a difference on this team, try to be a leader,a€? said Rielly in conversation with TSN.ca. a€?Ia€?m not going to be okay with being good or average, I want to be even better.a€? Rielly doesna€?t buy the questionable rationale of the sophomore slump. He doesna€?t think therea€?s any reason his play should dip after a rookie trial that saw him get better and better over the course of 73 games. Whata€?s to stop him from taking all that he did and learned as a first-year player and improving upon it? a€?Absolutely,a€? he says before repeating the word once more. a€?Absolutely. Therea€?s always players that have those slumps, wea€?ve talked about that. Ia€?ve heard all about that stuff, but therea€?s plenty of players that have had great years after their first year; like Drew Doughty, like Kris Letang, have all had really good [sophomore] years. I think thata€?s what Ia€?m trying to focus on. Ia€?m not trying to focus on the guys that have had slumps. I want to be like the guys that have had great years going into their sophomore years.a€? He keeps hearing, though, that he should be prepared for the falloff, the advice trickling in from all walks of life. And while Rielly appreciates the sentiment, he also has no intention of limiting himself in a year that kicks off in less than a week. He wants to tell them all a€“ coaches, parents, agents, teammates, all of them a€“ that he can handle himself, that hea€?ll be just fine. Sophomore or not, hea€?s going to improve. He knows Doughty did it. The Kings cornerstone and 2014 Olympic hero leaped from six goals and 27 points as a rookie to 16 goals, 59 points, and a Norris Trophy nomination as a sophomore. Letang, near the top of Riellya€?s hockey idols, virtually doubled his production from year one to year two; six goals and 17 points as a Penguins rookie to 10 and 33, not to mention a dominant playoff run. But even Riellya€?s head coach here in Toronto, Randy Carlyle, treads carefully around the subject. Hea€?s told Rielly as much. a€?When I chat with Randy he always told me to just not have high expectations and just try to come back this year and try to do what I did last year,a€? Rielly said of his conversations with Carlyle. a€?But I mean I dona€?t know if thata€?s my personal goal. I think I want to make improvements in a whole lot of areas. Ia€?m going to try to do that this year, just try to get better every day and just keep learning. Ia€?ve only played one year so Ia€?ve got lots of room to learn and improve.a€? Carlyle is fearful of thrusting too much on the shoulders of his young defender, especially in a market that tends to swallow its own. a€?I dona€?t like to put any pressure on a young player, specifically a second year player because we all have heard of the sophomore jinx,a€? he said. a€?I would rather caution ourselves and tread against giving him too much too early; just get his feet underneath him and do what he did last year until hea€?s very comfortable.a€? Rielly learned a lot in that first year, so much that he doesna€?t know where to start when questioned on the subject. What stands out first, he said, is just how difficult the league is, how it will eat you up in a hurry if youa€?re not ready for it. There are no nights off. a€?In junior,a€? he says, a€?you could just not play great, but I could always get by a€“ score, get an assist, it looks fine. Playing in this league, if youa€?re not playing the best that you can the whole building notices. I think thata€?s one thing, just because the players are so good that if you make one mistake ita€?s probably going to end up in the back of your net. So youa€?ve got to be on point and if youa€?re not, people are going to know.a€? That means learning to perform when the legs dona€?t feel so great, when a cold is kicking inn, when youa€?re tired from the third game in four nights. Carlos Dunlap Womens Jersey. Ita€?s about battling through those things, he says. A surprise to even make the team out of training camp last fall, Rielly got noticeably better with each passing practice, game and day. It was apparent in his swagger on the ice. He was joining the rush with more frequency in February and March. He was taking more chances. He was using the gifts that allowed him to be picked fifth overall in 2012 to stand out on many more nights. If therea€?s one specific area for personal improvement this season, ita€?s in the defensive zone. Rielly, like the team at large, is intent on retrieving the puck quicker, finishing plays more decisively, winning more battles, anything that will allow him and his teammates to spend less time on defence and more time on the attack. He had 27 points as a rookie, two more than Seth Jones, the player picked fourth overall by Nashville in 2013. Peter Horachek, spent a great deal of time behind that Predators bench as the teama€?s No. 2 to Barry Trotz, the since-deposed and now Washington Capitals head coach. He and Trotz shared a rich history in developing NHL defencemen, particularly the two players who would come to define much of the franchisea€?s history: Shea Weber and Ryan Suter. Horachek speaks with admiration for Weber and Suter, calling them friends to this day. He doesna€?t believe in putting limits on emerging young talent. He wants them to learn from their mistakes, grow to be better because of those mistakes. And like Rielly, hea€?s definitely not a believer in that whole jinx thing. a€?His development is limited to himself,a€? said Horachek, the still-new Leafs assistant. a€?Therea€?s no limit. Hea€?s limited only by his maturity of where he is and his decision-making. I hopefully can help him make good decisions and he can continue to grow. a€?I dona€?t believe in any superstitions or second-year jinxes,a€? he continued. a€?Why would a guy not have a good second year? Is it because he relaxes? He doesna€?t train as hard? He feels like Ia€?ve made it, I dona€?t have to be on edge all the time? Every player, no matter if theya€?re in the fifth year or second year, [has] to be ready to play and focus. Thata€?s part of their maturity and mental development is saying Ia€?m ready to practice today, Ia€?m going to do a little bit more today in practice.a€? Rielly, who played just under 18 minutes a game last year, spent most of the offseason back home in Vancouver where he trained alongside Mike Santorelli, one among the newer crop of Leafs. The two have been training together for years, met at the gym when Rielly was still in the 10th grade. a€?Hea€?s a bit more quiet than I am so he keeps me focused,a€? Rielly says of Santorelli, nearly a decade his senior. Rielly kept his workouts the same as in yearsa€? past though he insists on feeling stronger and quicker this fall, his already NHL-ready frame continuing to grow. His drive to improve crosses many paths. He continues to pick the minds of more experienced teammates, searching for tips and bits of advice that will help him conquer his second NHL season. He and the teama€?s captain, Dion Phaneuf, had dinner together recently and discussed such things. Phaneuf was a Calder Trophy finalist as a rookie, busting out of the Red Deer Rebels junior ranks with 20 goals and 49 points for the Flames. He followed it up with 17 more goals and 50 points a€“ numbers Rielly can recount off the top of his head. a€?Ita€?s not really hard-hitting stuff,a€? Rielly says of his conversation with Phaneuf, a€?but he told me what he experienced. He was experiencing exactly what Ia€?m dealing with. He just tried to give me some advice, give me some confidence and have some fun with it.a€? Phaneufa€?s wisdom hinged on confidence and belief in onea€?s own ability. He advised Rielly to ignore what was being said, to brush off the crowing of a furious hockey market that scowls when Phil Kessel goes more than three games without scoring. a€?He told me to not worry about what everybody else is saying,a€? Rielly said. And that, it would appear, is what Rielly is intent on doing. Hea€?s going to ignore the calls for a sophomore slump, ignore rationale that says he should stay the same, ignore anything thata€?s going to keep him from getting even better, from remaining merely good. What does getting better mean? a€?Hard work,a€? he says abruptly. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '
Mitglied
clibin009 Jun 4 '18
clb20180604ugg outlet storeasolo bootsmichael kors outlet storenike outlet storebirkenstock salemichael kors outletadidas storejordan shoes for salebirkenstock outlet onlinephilipp pleinvionic sandalsthe north face jacketslouboutin outletadidas nmd runnernike free 5.0michael kors outlet onlineconverse shoeslebron james shoescanada goose jacketskate spade bagsjimmy choo outletpandora charmsugg outletcanada goose salelouis vuitton outlet onlinetoms outlet storeoakley sunglasses wholesalemichael kors outlet storeadidas campus shoesyeezy boost 350reef sandalscoach outlet store onlinenike air max 97coach outlet onlinecheap air jordansvan cleef and arpels jewelrydr martensdurant shoesmichael kors outlet onlinemichael kors outletair maxsalvatore ferragamomanolo blahnik shoesjohn lobb boot maker shoesmulberry uknike cortez classicmlb jerseys cheapferragamo shoestoms shoesbirkenstock outletnike shoesralph lauren outletcoach outlet onlinecanada goose jacketsmichael kors outlet onlinecanada goose outlet storepandora charms salebirkenstock shoesmcm outlet storecoach outlet onlinepandora outletchch handbagsair maxmichael kors outlet storemichael kors bagsadidas ultra boostcoach outlet onlinecoach factory outlet onlinepandora charms sale clearancemichael kors outlet onlinemoncler outlet onlineair max 1asics outlet storepandora charms outlethermes handbagslouis vuitton factory outletmlb jerseys cheapunomagli shoeskyrie 4cheap jordan shoesmoncler saledooney and bourke handbagstory burch handbagstimberland bootsbirkenstock shoes outletecco shoes for womenralph lauren ukmichael kors handbagssalvatore ferragamo shoesmichael kors canadacoach outlet onlinechristian louboutin shoescoach outletprana clothingmichael kors handbagspandora canadamichael kors canadacolumbia shoescanada goose coatsair foampositecanada goosekate spade handbagsmichael kors canadamichael kors outlet storefred perry polo shirtsadidas stan smithmichael korsralph lauren outlet onlineecco outletkenneth cole shoesvans outlet storediscount oakley sunglassesnike react shoesralph lauren sale clearance ukcoach outlet store onlineray bansralph lauren outlet onlinenike shox shoesralph lauren ukcoach factory outletkeen sandalsmichael kors outlet onlinenba jerseys wholesaleyeezy shoescanada goose salevalentino outletberluti shoespolo outlet onlinenew balance outlet storecheap jordansmont blanc penscheap jordan shoescoach factory outletcoach factory outlet onlinecheap oakley sunglasseshermes bagsadidas sneakerssalomon outletswarovski outletkate spade outletmichael kors outlet storeadidas yeezy shoesnfl jerseystimberland shoesnike huarache shoesnike air max 2018coach canadacoach factory outlet onlineadidas nmd r1pandora charms salepandora charms outletralph lauren outlet onlinekate spade outlet onlinecoach outlet store online clearancemerrell shoescheap ray ban sunglassessupreme shirtspandora charms outletkate spade handbagschristian louboutin shoesair max shoesmichael kors outlet clearancetimberland boots outletadidas yeezy boostcheap air jordanspandora charms salevasque shoesadidas shoesoakey sunglasses outlet storeadidas outlet onlinecanada goosecoach factory outletfitflops saleversace handbagsmlb jerseys wholesaleugg boots womendr martens bootsasics outletcheap jordans free shippingair max axisadidas outletcanada goose salemont blanc pennike outlet storepolo ralph laurenlouboutin shoesfitflops salecoach outlet onlinenike air max 2019hermenspg 2 shoespandora jewelryoakley sunglasses outletprada shoesnike free 3.0fitflops sale clearanceugg bootscoach factory outletchopard watchespandora charmslongchamp outlet storenew balance outletkobe shoesadidas superstarssalvatore ferragamo outletbirkenstock outletpolo ralph lauren outletcoach outlet onlinepandora ringskate spade handbagsadidas yeezy boostpandora charms sale clearancecanada goose jackets ukcoach outlet canadapandora jewelrynike outlet onlinecanada goose jacketsmoncler coatsralph lauren outlet onlinediscount oakley sunglassesmikimoto pearlsair max shoesbirkenstock ukcoach outlet onlineadidas shoestimberland outletysl handbagscoach factory outlet onlinenike air max 90adidas yeezy boost 350clb20180604