Post-game quotebook: What the Giants were saying after | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Meckerecke
Mitglied
liny195 Feb 25 '19

their first win of the season The New York Giants got their first win of the season on Sunday Womens Landon Collins Jersey , taking down the Houston Texans 27-22. Let’s look at what team members were saying after the game.Head coach Pat Shurmur on the fourth-quarter scoring drive“Again, we found a way to finish the game,” Shurmur said. “We started with a nice play to Shep, then we ran the ball a little bit. We found a way to complete some passes, and then obviously at the end, score there. They’re very dangerous especially when they get in those situations where they get you all spread out, which you saw before the half and at the end of the game.”Shurmur on Chad Wheeler’s performance at right tackle“It’s [benching Ereck Flowe4rs] probably more about Chad and less about Ereck,” Shurmur said. “I just felt like it was time for Chad to get an opportunity to play. It is super important that those guys play hard and play together, and I thought they did that. A couple times Womens Curtis Riley Jersey , he got beat, but Chad fought his way through it. I’ll have to watch the film in detail. I hate to say that. I thought for the most part he competed and battled, so we’ll see where we go from here.”Saquon Barkley on being in a winning NFL locker room“It feels really good,” Barkley said. “I kind of just knew we were going to win this game just the way we were in the locker room before the game. It was different than the first two games how the energy was different, the way we looked in warmups was different. It was just a different vibe. Obviously, we got off to a great start and that’s something that we really focused on this week. Coach (Pat Shurmur) challenged us this week to come out and have a fast start and we were able to do that on both sides of the ball. Obviously, we have to play a little better in the second half. But, it’s the NFL and they’re not just going to just sit down and let you run up the scoreboard. They played a heck of a game. You have to give credit to those guys especially number 99 (J.J. Watt). Ninety-nine is by far the best player I’ve personally going up against. It was a great game. But, we found a way to get a win this week.”Odell Beckham Jr. on what this win says about this team“It says that we’re 1-2 Womens Jon Halapio Jersey ,” Beckham said. “We have to get some more wins and start putting them together. We can’t get too far ahead of ourselves, because it’s just one game. Now we have to start tacking it on, build off this today and keep improving.”Eli Manning on spreading the ball around“Yeah, I think so. I think you want to get everyone involved,” Manning said. “The more guys ... I thought he [Shurmur] called a good game, mixed up the run, the pass, the play action. Some boot legs and stuff got us on the edge. Especially going against a good front that likes to pass rush, so it helped us hit some big plays and get off to a fast start. Again http://www.newyorkgiantsteamonline.com/b.j.-hill-jersey , we needed a drive at the end to secure the win and we were able to do it.” If he knew that the New York Giants would suffer through what promises to be the fourth losing season in his five years with the team, and begin tearing down the roster to begin an arduous rebuild, would Odell Beckham Jr. have put his name on that five-year, $90 million contract he signed in August?“I don’t really know. It’s not really re-sign, I signed something. I could have been here another three years,” Beckham said on Thursday. “It’s hard to think about that right now, and it’s really irrelevant to think about that now because I’m here and I will be here.”With Beckham due $65 million in guaranteed money through the 2020 season, he likely isn’t going anywhere. From 2019 to 2022 he carries a cap hit of no less than $19 million per season. Whether he wants to be part of a rebuild or not, it looks like that is what Beckham will be part of over the next few seasons. He said he wouldn’t second-guess his decision to sign the long-term deal Womens Riley Dixon Jersey , richest ever for a wide receiver.“I just wish we had a better record than what we have,” he said.Beckham, always a lightning rod no matter what opinion he offers, didn’t go anywhere near offering an opinion on the trades of Eli Apple and Damon Harrison — other than to understandably bemoan the loss of teammates.“It’s really not my job. This is a multi-million, billion dollar industry, and at the end of the day it is a business so it’s really out of my control,” Beckham said. “Those guys were family, Snacks (Damon Harrison) was like a brother to me, he came and visited me in the hospital. We’ll forever be lifelong friends Authentic Dalvin Tomlinson Jersey , brothers, and I’m wishing him and Eli (Apple) the best in their careers, but it is a business. It’s tough, that’s the toughest part about this. You get close with people and things like this could happen at any point. It’s just the reality of our sport.”