n bothered by the son bothered by the sore Achillesre Achilles | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
q123 Mär 2 '19
ATLANTA -- The Atlanta Braves have placed catcher Evan Gattis on the 15-day disabled list with a strained right oblique. Cheap Vans Shoes China . The Braves announced the move before Tuesdays doubleheader against the New York Mets. Infielder Tyler Pastornicky was recalled from Triple-A Gwinnett. Gattis injured himself on his final at-bat of a 2-1 victory over the Mets on Monday night. Brian McCann was on deck to pinch hit when Freddie Freeman hit a two-run homer to win the game in the ninth inning. The 26-year-old Gattis has been one of baseballs most surprising players. He earned a backup job in spring training as a non-roster player and quickly increased his role with a penchant for dramatic homers. He is second on the Braves in homers (14) and RBIs (37) while batting .252. Wholesale Vans Shoes China. -- Former San Diego Chargers safety Paul Oliver was found dead at his Atlanta-area home Tuesday night, and a medical examiner said Wednesday that the ex-player committed suicide. Cheap Vans Shoes Wholesale . The Dane followed up his first European Tour title last weekend with eight birdies and just a single dropped shot on Thursday for a one-stroke advantage over South Africas Allan Versfeld and Portugals Ricardo Santos. http://www.cheapvansfromchina.com/ .com) - Richie Incognito has reportedly been admitted to a psychiatric care unit in Arizona. ASHBURN, Va. -- Steve Smith doesnt see the same Josh Norman everyone else sees.The veteran Baltimore Ravens receiver remembers the young cornerback hed always run into in the film room back when they were Carolina Panthers teammates, the man he considers almost like a little brother. Smith knows Norman has become a top-tier, elite, All-Pro, Pro Bowl cornerback -- one the Washington Redskins are thankful they picked up when the Panthers relinquished the franchise tag and let him go.Its difficult to imagine where the Redskins would be a quarter of the way through the season without Norman, whom they signed to a $75 million, five-year deal in April. As injuries have decimated the defense and especially the secondary, Norman is among the NFL leaders in passes defensed and had a key interception against Cleveland to help Washington improve to 2-2.That was the reason we brought him in because hes always around the ball, coach Jay Gruden said. He makes plays. Hes forced fumbles, hes recovered fumbles, and hes got a big interception so far in four games. He makes his presence felt, presence known. Thats why we went out and got him.Norman is proving his value as a shutdown cornerback and will be tested again Sunday against Smith and the Ravens in Baltimore. Whether Norman matches up against Smith or Mike Wallace, the onus is on him to make plays, especially with No. 2 cornerback Bashaud Breeland out for a second consecutive week because of an ankle injury.Smith, now 37, doesnt pay attention to the TV specials or magazine articles that have increased Normans national exposure. But hes noticed the 28-year-olds rise as one of the more imposing defenders in the game.I mean, hes a Pro Bowler. Thats self-explanatory, Smith said. He wasnt a Pro Bowler when he first came on the scene. He was a guy, like every other young guy, trying to figure out which way is up. Hes developed into the player that he is.Norman, an All-Pro who helped get Carolina to the Super Bowl last season with four interceptions, believes hes still developing and adding new skills each season to keep opponents off guard.Smith wont be caught off guard by Norman or vice versa. Wholesale Vans Shoes. . Epic practice matchups in 2012 and 2013 made each player better, as Norman said he learned from their on-field tussles.Every time youre out there is a time to get better, every play, Norman said. Theres not a time to take off because hes going to be hunting to get one up over you, and when he does, hes going to let you know about it. For me, I know Ive just got to be smart and be keen and cunning.Norman has talked the talk against a receiver known for trash-talking as much as he does. Smith said jokingly that the Ravens wouldnt put him up against Norman, a preemptive jab that Norman brushed off because hes relishing the chance to resume this one-on-one rivalry.A lion against a lion, a dog against a dog, a beast against a beast, man, Norman said. His will imposing upon mine and mine imposing upon him and trying to edge out and see who can get the best of each other that day. It was always a trying to steal your food, eat your food, take your dog plate kind of matchup. It was fun and it was definitely challenging. I know what I face when I get him.Opponents know what they face in Norman, whos tied for second in the NFL with nine passes defensed. Quarterback Joe Flacco could look long and hard to the other side and throw at fill-in starter Quinton Dunbar as part of Baltimores plan.Theres a significant number of weeks during the year that you go against a top-level corner like Josh, Ravens coach John Harbaugh said. You have to always account for those guys. Those guys are the guys that can turn the game and they do it. You have to try to figure out ways to not let that happen.Game notes In addition to Breeland, CB Dashaun Phillips (hamstring), LB Sua Cravens (concussion) and WR Josh Doctson (Achilles) are out Sunday. ... Doctson wont go on injured reserve yet, Gruden said, even though the first-round pick has been bothered by the sore Achilles tendon since May.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL ' ' '