bronze medalist Elisa Longo Borghini chasing her down certainly made for captivating television.It also prov | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
q123 Mär 2 '19
KANSAS CITY, Mo. Cheap Salomon Shoes From China . -- Marcus Peters strode through the Kansas City Chiefs locker room after their latest victory sporting a massive black-and-bedazzled sombrero, which he had acquired from a fan for a pair of his gloves.It looked as if the second-year cornerback was headed for a happenin fiesta.Or maybe a pick-six party.The Chiefs have six defensive scores since the start of last season, tops in the NFL. Peters had two of them last season and Daniel Sorensen had the latest , a 48-yard return off a pass batted around by safety Eric Berry that helped Kansas City to a 24-21 victory over the New Orleans Saints on Sunday.Theyre very, very sound, theyre well-coached, theyre disciplined and they fly around to the football, said Colts coach Chuck Pagano, whose team will have to deal with them on Sunday.Its a combination of things, he said. You get people into throwing situations, and playing from a lead you can cut guys loose, but their guys are good athletes back there. Peters is a great player and theres a reason he was voted defensive rookie of the year last year.Its more than Peters, though. Its an entire defense that prides itself on creating turnovers.Chiefs coach Andy Reid said it starts up front with a defensive line that has done a good job of bottling up the run, even against stars such as the Jets Matt Forte. That has forced teams to the air, creating opportunities for a ball-hawking bunch of cornerbacks and safeties to make plays.Six of their interceptions came against the Jets, and they had eight turnovers in all that day.Theyre a very opportunistic defense, said Jets quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick, who had one of those interceptions returned by Derrick Johnson for a touchdown. There werent really any wrinkles. They are just a good defense that keeps their eye on the quarterback.The numbers bear out just how good: The Chiefs are tied for second in the NFL with 14 turnovers, resulting in a plus-seven differential -- even though they have a league-low eight sacks. And they have managed to turn those turnovers into 41 points through their first six games.Much of the cast has changed, too, which is perhaps the most impressive thing about their ability to constantly create turnovers. Departed safety Tyvon Branch had two of the interception returns last season, and injured linebacker Justin Houston had another of them, while Sorensen and rookie cornerback D.J. White have their first interceptions this season.Thats a testament to the next-man-up mentality that Reid has instilled in his team.White has been pressed into service because of a knee injury to Phillip Gaines, even though he was an after-thought as a sixth-round pick. But hes been surviving -- even thriving -- as quarterbacks throw in his direction in an attempt to stay away from Peters on the other side.When they do throw toward Peters, he seems just as likely to catch the ball as allow a catch. He has five picks already this season, and 13 of them through his first 22 regular-season games.With all corners, theyre instinctive, Reid said. Are they going to take some chances? Will he take some chances? Yes, hell do that. But he studies, he loves to play and thats a good combination.At first blush, it would appear the Chiefs have their work cut out for them this weekend. Andrew Luck is one of the games premier quarterbacks, capable of slinging the ball everywhere and putting up the kind of numbers that are normally seen in video games.Dig deeper and youll see that Luck is somewhat prone to throwing picks. He had 12 of them in seven starts a year ago, though hes only thrown four through the Colts first seven games this season.What is also impressive about the Chiefs penchant for forcing turnovers is the fact that just a couple of years ago they were lousy at it. They had six interceptions total during the 2014 season, or less than one-fifth of what theyve over the past season-plus.Part of it is scheme. Some of it is attitude. Most of it the personnel -- they have drafted five defensive backs the last two years alone, four of them in the first four rounds.Your scheme, the base part stays the same, but every year you do these evaluations of yourself, Reid said this week, trying to pinpoint why there has been such a vast improvement. But Id tell you for the most part its just personnel.---Online: AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and AP NFL Twitter feed: http://twitter.com/AP-NFL Sale Salomon Shoes . Goals from Jerome Boateng, Franck Ribery and Thomas Mueller extended Bayerns unbeaten run to a record 37 matches. "This record is incredible," Bayern coach Pep Guardiola said. Cheap Salomon Shoes Free Shipping . Arsenal failed to take full advantage of its main rivals stumbles on Saturday as substitute Gerard Deulofeu levelled with a hard shot from a tight angle in the 84th minute to give Everton a deserved point. Ahead of a crucial fortnight that will see them play against Napoli in the Champions League, Manchester City and Chelsea, Arsenal leads by five points ahead of Liverpool and Chelsea. http://www.salomoncheap.com/ . -- Five former Kansas City Chiefs players who were on the team between 1987 and 1993 filed a lawsuit Tuesday claiming the team hid and even lied about the risks of head injuries during that time period when there was no collective bargaining agreement in place in the NFL. RIO DE JANEIRO -- One long-held truism of the Olympics is there are no medals for fourth place, only the crushing disappointment of coming oh-so-close to a life-changing step up the podium.If there were, the U.S. road cycling team would feel much better about the Summer Games.There have been six road cycling events the past two Olympics, including the mens and womens road races over the weekend. Three times the Americans have finished fourth, including the stirring and heartbreaking finish by Mara Abbott along Copacabana Beach on Sunday.After animating the race on the final climb of Vista Chinesa, and sweeping into the lead when Dutch rider Annemiek van Vleuten crashed hard on the descent, Abbott tried in vain to hold onto a slim advantage against three strong riders working together to catch her.They reached her within sight of the finish line.I knew it was probably going to come down to the wire, Abbott said later, her eyes dry but the signs of the tears that welled up still evident. I just didnt know which side.The two-man squad of Taylor Phinney and Brent Bookwalter hardly had aspirations in their race Saturday. The course suited neither and Phinney pulled out midway through to save himself for the time trial, though Bookwalter still finished 16th in what he considered a positive result.Still, it left the Americans ruing their misfortunes.At the London Games four years ago, Phinney was beaten by Alexander Kristoff in a sprint to the finish at Buckingham Palace for bronze. Four days later, he posted the fourth-fastest mark in the time trial at Hampton Court Palace to again finish just off the podium.That in part is why Phinney, a track cycling world champion, skipped the Touur de France and spent the past six weeks training specifically for Wednesdays time trial. Discount Salomon Shoes Online. It was a tough decision to pull out (Saturday) but I ultimately came to the conclusion that Im here to win a medal in the time trial, he said. Im not just here for the Olympic experience.The U.S. road team hasnt struck out entirely.Kristin Armstrong has won the past two Olympic time trials, and came out of retirement early this year to chase a third. She also pulled out of her road race before the finish.I thought I was going to have a really hard time whether I should pull out, Armstrong said, but I gave everything. I didnt have a second here I thought I could go any farther or harder.So I was just hoping and praying that my teammate could make it to the line and win gold, she said. I cant imagine being in her shoes right now.It was hardly a surprise that Abbott was in position to medal.The American womens road team was favored to win gold, but mostly because of the worlds top-ranked rider, Megan Guarnier, and world hour-record holder Evelyn Stevens. Yet the hard course with its brutal ascents was tailored perfectly for Abbott, one of the sports strongest climbers.The image of Dutch gold medalist Anna van der Breggen, silver medalist Emma Johansson and bronze medalist Elisa Longo Borghini chasing her down certainly made for captivating television.It also proved to be another gut-punch for the U.S. team.It feels awful, Abbott said, but at the same time, youre supported by a team thats worked so hard to help you win. We had a really amazing team here. ' ' '