rd on Monday night for their final ho | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
q123 Mär 9 '19
WASHINGTON -- Yes, that was Bryce Harper, not a mirage, in the Washington Nationals clubhouse, ready to return from the disabled list. Cheap Corey Knebel Jersey . Manager Davey Johnson wanted to be sure. "I went in there and said, Is that really you? Are you OK? Are you ready to go?" Johnson said. "He shook my hand and said Im ready. It seemed like I hadnt seen him in half a year. It seems that long." The 20-year-old sparkplug of a slugger was reinstated from the 15-day disabled list Monday, following his recovery from a knee injury that stemmed from a collision with the Dodger Stadium fence. Harper missed 31 games with bursitis, diagnosed after he reinjured the left knee several times after he kept trying to play for two weeks following the mishap in Los Angeles on May 13. He pronounced himself fit after going 4 for 11 with a double, a triple and a home run during a four-game rehab assignment last week with Single-A Potomac and Double-A Harrisburg. "A little swelling, but not much," Harper said. "Nothing to be cautious about. I feel good, and its to the point where I want to play." Harper said he will wear padding to protect the knee. He was in the starting lineup, batting third and playing left field for the homestand opener against the Milwaukee Brewers. The Nationals were 25-19 when Harper played, 16-21 when he didnt. That added up to a middling 41-40 mark at the halfway point for a consensus preseason pick to repeat as NL East champions. He was batting .287 with 12 homers and 23 RBIs when he went on the DL. "Not only his bat, but I think the energy he brings, he takes a lot of the focus and hes a competitor," Johnson said. "Just to have that 20-year-old energy running around 100 per cent, Im sure hes still probably going to run into the wall, Im sure hes going to dive headfirst. ... I dont want to put a damper on that. Thats who he is, and thats how he plays the game, and thats great." The return of Harper was the last thing the struggling Brewers needed. Milwaukee arrived in Washington on a five-game losing streak. "Well see after the series how bad of a break it is. ... What it does is it adds a guy who can drive the ball out of the ballpark," Brewers manager Ron Roenicke said. "He can hit any pitch, and you have to be really careful with how you pitch him." Harpers return puts Johnson closer to the lineup envisioned at the start of the year, except that Anthony Rendon has replaced the demoted Danny Espinosa at second base. All thats left is for catcher Wilson Ramos to return from a left hamstring injury. Ramos was scheduled to catch seven innings at Potomac on Monday and could return to the major league club as early as Thursday. Johnson moved Rendon from second to seventh in the batting order to create a left-right-left-right-left top of the order consisting of Denard Span, Jayson Werth, Harper, Ryan Zimmerman and Adam LaRoche. "Its all about matchups late in the ballgame that you want to create," Johnson said. NOTES: Johnson said LHP Ross Detwiler had a good bullpen session Monday and is on pace to start Wednesday as scheduled. Detwiler had stiffness in his lower back after his last start. ... The Nationals optioned RHP Erik Davis to Triple-A Syracuse to make room for Harper. Cheap Manny Pina Jersey Cheap MLB Jerseys . -- Josh Sterk scored once and set up two more as the Oshawa Generals edged the visiting Belleville Bulls 3-2 on Friday in Ontario Hockey League action. http://www.cheapbrewersjerseys.com/?tag=cheap-jesus-aguilar-jersey . From filmmaker Nanette Burstein (On the Ropes), The Price of Gold revisits the saga that rocked the figure skating world ahead of the 1994 Lillehammer Olympic Winter Games: the assault on Nancy Kerrigan, and the plot that led its way back to her rival Tonya Harding. AUBURN, Ala. -- Jared Harper buried a 3-pointer on Auburns first shot of the night, and the Tigers never stopped hitting them.With Danjel Purifoy scoring 27 points, a short-handed Auburn team tied the Southeastern Conference record with 21 3-pointers in a 117-72 victory Thursday night over Coastal Carolina.The Tigers (7-2) raced to a 56-27 halftime lead and continued that 3-point barrage throughout the second half. They wound up 21 of 42 from beyond the arc and matched the fifth-most points in school history.I dont even know where those shots came from but everybody was making 3s out of nowhere, said Purifoy, who was 5 of 10 from beyond the arc and has two 27-point games in a row. Walk-ons coming off the bench and making 3s. It was fun to watch.Kentucky also made 21 3s in 1990 and Arkansas matched that in 1997. Nine Auburn players made at least one 3-pointer a day after starters Bryce Brown and Horace Spencer were suspended following their arrest on misdemeanor marijuana possession charges.Walk-on Will Macoy got into the act with eight points and a pair of 3s in just five minutes late in the game.Purifoy also scored 27 points in Auburns 72-71 loss to Boston College on Monday.Harper was 5 of 6 from 3-point range and scored 16 points with seven assists. Mustapha Heron added 17 points and seven rebounds for the Tigers. Ronnie Johnson added 11 points and T.J. Dunans 10.I think from the standpoint of what its supposed to look like, what it can look like, that was about as good as its gotten since Ive been here, Auburn coach Bruce Pearl said. I didnt see it coming given all the adversity that weve had this week.But adversity tends to reveal character. Annd perhaps in some ways our character got revealed tonight. Cheap Aaron Wilkerson Jersey. Elijah Wilson led Coastal Carolina (5-7) with 22 points and Jaylan Robertson had 12.Auburn closed the first half on a 31-5 tear.Without question, Auburn played lights out, Coastal Carolina coach Cliff Ellis said. Youve got to give them all the credit.It was 25-22 and then all of a sudden it just went haywire and shots started falling. It just caught on with everybody. I think everybody started feeling the magic.Missing two starters didnt slow the Tigers down. LaRon Smith and TJ Lang took their spots.I feel like they felt like they let the team down, Auburns Anfernee McLemore said. They were more upset that they couldnt fill their role on the team.McLemore played a bigger role with Spencer out and produced nine points and eight rebounds.BIG PICTURECoastal Carolina: Fell to 5-14 against teams from Power 5 conferences since the 2010-11 season. Got 15 points in the first half from Wilson, and 12 from the rest of the team.Auburn: Improved to 5-0 at Auburn Arena this season. Previous school record was 19 3-pointers. Outrebounded a team that came in second nationally in total rebounds, 48-40.ELLIS RETURN: Coastal Carolinas Ellis led the Auburn program from 1994-2004. He led the Chanticleers to a win in 2014 and took the Tigers down to the wire in an 81-78 loss last season.UP NEXTAuburn: Hosts Mercer Sunday before more high-profile games away from home against Oklahoma and UConn.Coastal Carolina: Hosts Wofford on Monday night for their final home game of 2016. ' ' '