also joined a pretty exclusive group with | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
q123 Mär 9 '19
LANDOVER, Md. Tim Heed Jersey . -- Discussing Dak Prescott after the rookie quarterbacks first NFL victory, Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones managed to throw in references to folks such as Troy Aikman, Tom Brady and Ben Roethlisberger -- QBs with nine Super Bowl victories combined.Not bad company for a guy who was a fourth-round draft pick and is only playing because Tony Romo is out with an injured back.Prescott ran for a 6-yard TD , went 22 for 30 for 292 yards, and showed a veterans poise in the pocket, helping the Cowboys beat the Washington Redskins 27-23 on Sunday as he stayed turnover-free as a pro so far.He exudes confidence, Jones said about Prescott. Hes got a great supporting cast, but hes using it.Dallas (1-1) won for only the second time in its past 16 games without Romo -- and both of those victories came at Washington (0-2).Alfred Morris scored the go-ahead touchdown on a 4-yard run with under five minutes left against his former club, taking advantage after Washingtons Kirk Cousins threw an end-zone interception.Morris was drafted by Washington in 2012 and played his first four seasons there. But his role was reduced last year and he was allowed to leave as a free agent. His first TD in a Cowboys uniform capped an 80-yard drive that started when Barry Church picked off a pass from Cousins intended for Pierre Garcon.This is a quarterback-driven league, Cousins said. I need to play at a high level, week in and week out.Through two games, he has three interceptions and only one TD pass , an 11-yarder to Jamison Crowder in the third quarter that gave Washington its first lead, 17-13.But Cousins and the defending NFC East champion Redskins will rue the second-half chances they wasted. They got the ball inside Dallas 40 on consecutive possessions -- once because of a failed onside kick, once because cornerback Josh Norman caused one of the two fumbles by Dallas rookie running back Ezekiel Elliott -- but settled for a field goal each time.Still, Washington led 23-20 and appeared on its way to adding to the margin after Cousins began a drive by completing a 57-yard pass to rookie Josh Doctson. But on third-and-goal at the 6 with 10 1/2 minutes left, Cousins put the ball right in Churchs gut.Garcon stomped his foot coming off the field. Redskins right tackle Morgan Moses threw his helmet on the sideline.HE SAID ITEverybody thinks were in the morgue or something. Were not dead, by no means. -- Norman on Washingtons 0-2 start.NORMANS ASSIGNMENTOne big question entering the game was whether Norman would be assigned to cover Cowboys WR Dez Bryant no matter where the receiver lined up -- or stick to one side of the field, as the $75 million defensive back primarily did in Week 1, when he stayed on the left side regardless of where Steelers WR Antonio Brown was. The answer: Norman mainly remained on the left side of Washingtons defense, often leaving CB Bashaud Breeland on Bryant, early on, but eventually started to travel to where Bryant was.DEZ INVOLVEDAfter getting only one catch for 8 yards in Week 1, Bryant had seven catches for 102 yards Sunday.MORE STATSElliott finished with 83 yards on 21 carries, including a 1-yard TD run. ... Morris ran five times for a total of 7 yards. ... Redskins RB Matt Jones gained 61 yards on 13 carries with a 14-yard scoring run. ... Cousins went 28 for 46 for 364 yards.BAD MISSOn third-and-7 from Dallas 37 on Washingtons opening possession, Cousins had Crowder wide open and behind the defense for what should have been an easy-as-can-be TD. But Cousins overthrew the second-year receiver, and that bad miss ended the drive, because coach Jay Gruden chose to punt.INJURIESRedskins: NT Kedric Golston injured his right hamstring on the first play from scrimmage, eventually was driven toward the locker room on a cart and did not return. Ziggy Hood took over at nose tackle.---Online:AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and AP NFL Twitter feed: www.twitter.com/AP-NFL---Follow Howard Fendrich on Twitter at http://twitter.com/HowardFendrich Barclay Goodrow Jersey . The native of Mont-Tremblant, Que., captured a World Cup downhill event Saturday, his second this year and fifth career victory on the circuit. Justin Braun Jersey . -- PGA TOUR Canada member Steve Saunders took a three-stroke lead Saturday in the Web. http://www.cheapsharksjerseys.com/ .25 million option on reliever Jose Veras. OMAHA, Neb. -- Michael Phelps surged to the wall and then whipped around to spot his time.That number wasnt really important.The only thing that mattered was No. 5.The most decorated athlete in Olympic history is Rio-bound.Phelps became the first U.S. male swimmer to qualify for five Olympics with a victory in the 200-meter butterfly at the U.S. swimming trials Wednesday night, another huge milestone in the water but even more significant, given what has happened away from the pool.A second drunken-driving arrest. A re-evaluation of his life. An impending marriage. And his first child.With everything thats happened and being able to come back, that was probably harder than any swim Ive had in my life, Phelps said.With 7-week-old Boomer in the arms of Phelps fiancée at the CenturyLink Center, Phelps cruised to a victory that he said meant as much personally as all those triumphs that came before.?The infant wore noise-canceling headphones adorned with American flags so he wouldnt be startled by the huge roar that went up when his dad touched the wall first.Phelps reflected on his stumbles since London, most notably a second drunken driving arrest that he said prompted him to take a whole new look at his life. He reconnected with his long-estranged father, got engaged, gave up alcohol and committed himself to closing his career with a flourish.Its probably more nerve-wracking here than it is at the Olympics, Phelps said. Just being able to finish how I want to is so important to me. Getting on this team is what I wanted to do.?He wasnt the only one feeling a bit of redemption.Missy Franklin turned in one of the gutsiest performances of her career to earn a spot for Rio in the 200 freestyle. One night after she struggled to seventh in the 100 backstroke, an event she won four years ago in London, there was plenty of speculation that shed be hard-pressed to qualify for any individual events at these Games.Franklin herself sounded as though shed be happy just getting on the team as a relay swimmer.Turns out, shell be busier than that in Brazil.While Katie Ledecky romped to victory in the 200 free, earning a second individuaal event at the Olympics, Franklin rallied over the second half of the race to claim the runner-up spot. Brent Burns Jersey. Ledecky added the 200 free to her rapidly growing Olympic schedule, winning comfortably with a time of 1:54.88. She already won the 400 free and still has two more events to go in Omaha.But all eyes were on Franklin, who touched in 1:56.18 to edge out Leah Smith by just under a half-second. Allison Schmitt, the defending gold medalist, settled for fourth but that will at least be good enough to get another London star on the team as a relay swimmer.Ledecky and Franklin embraced on deck after climbing out of the pool.Shes one tough cookie, Ledecky said. She got the job done tonight.Last night was really tough and coming back from that, I was telling myself, Im not done fighting. Im not done with believing in myself, Franklin said. Thats probably the most proud race Ive ever swam in my entire career, coming back from such a loss last night and telling myself that I still have it in me to do whatever I believe I can do.Phelps held off a stiff challenge from Tom Shields to win the 200 fly, the first event Phelps ever swam at the Olympics, 16 years ago in Sydney.One day before his 31st birthday, Phelps came full circle in the race hes always considered his baby.Phelps touched in 1:54.84, far off the world record of 1:51.51 he set at the 2009 world championships while wearing one of the high-tech suits that have since been banned.Theres time to work on his speed between now and Rio.For now, Phelps sounds like an Olympic rookie talking about the thrill of going back to the Olympics, where hell get a chance to add to the already staggering amount of hardware he has accumulated at the last four Summer Games: 18 golds and 22 medals overall.He also joined a pretty exclusive group with Dara Torres, who made five Olympics on the female side.I just said, Welcome to the club, the now-retired Torres said. Just to see his emotions and how excited he was and relieved, it was really nice to see. ' ' '