career-high five touchdowns against | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
love520 Dez 21 '17
TORONTO -- Olympic triathlon champion Simon Whitfield isnt ready to officially retire just yet. Adidas NMD R1 Clearance . The 38-year-old native of Kingston, Ont., said Tuesday that he considers himself "semi-retired," and theres just a "10 per cent" chance hell return to full-time racing. "Im leaving the door open simply because I dont want to pull a Brett Favre and say Im done and then come back," Whitfield said at a Toronto Triathlon Festival news conference. "Maybe I just havent come to terms with saying Fully retired, so Im putting semi in front of it to give myself an out." Whitfield said although hes currently training at less than 50 per cent, he could still decide to race if he so desired. But where it would normally take him 12 weeks to prepare for a competition, Whitfield said hed likely need between 16 and 20 weeks to ensure hes able to cover a triathlons 1.5-kilometre swim, 40-kilometre bike ride and 10-kilometre run at a high level. Trouble is, that would also mean being away for his wife, Jennie, and their two daughters, Pippa and Evelyn. "My family is my priority now and spending more time with them," Whitfield said. "I know what it takes to be at that top level and I really didnt like when people downplayed how much it took so now for me to do both is very difficult. "If I can find a place where I can balance it then Ill do that. Right now I cant so Im not going to." And time is no ally. The longer Whitfield doesnt compete, the harder it will be to close the gap between himself and the younger members of the national squad, headed up by Kyle Jones, 28, of Oakville, Ont. "I know Kyle has taken his racing to a level now that would be very hard to get back to," Whitfield said. "I think the rest of that team is stepping up so I think theyll close that door pretty quickly if I didnt get back into it very soon." Whitfield plans to compete in the Toronto Triathlon Festival on July 21. He took part in the inaugural event last year, which was his final tuneup for the 2012 London Summer Games. "As of right now I have no races on the calendar other than trying to beat my record from last year," he said. "I will be competing to be in it and not be embarrassed by some young guy." Whitfield opened his fourth career Olympic competition as Canadas flag-bearer in London. But he suffered a broken collarbone in a bike crash during the triathlon. It was a tough way to go out for the 2000 Olympic gold medallist, who also won silver at the 2008 Games in Beijing. But if Whitfields full-time racing career is over, hes more than at peace with it. "Thats the beauty of it ... I could never have asked for more," he said. "I went to four Olympic Games, I got to carry the flag and, oh, I won two medals. "Its beyond anything I ever imagined. I mean, I ran around in a Speedo, its kind of ridiculous when you think about it. But I got to do that for a living, see the world and do something I loved doing. If thats it, thats it." Alan Trivett, Triathlon Canadas executive director, said Whitfield will forever be an ambassador for the sport in this country. "I dont necessarily look for Simon to come back and be on our national team and our Olympic team as necessarily the ultimate goal," he said. "There are other disciplines and other distances that Simon could race on. "But Simon is bigger than the sport here in Canada and the more exposure he has, the more exposure the sport has so for me its not necessarily about him coming back. Simon Whitfield is the greatest ambassador we could ever have." However, Trivett admits the sport will have a huge hole to fill when Whitfield retires as an active triathlete. "Obviously, there will be a void because so many kids coming through look at it as, If Simon can do it, maybe I can do it too," he said. "The longer that goes, the next generation will know less and less about what Simon has done and its important we capitalize on that legacy over the next few years." When Whitfield does step away from racing triathlons, dont expect him to become inactive. The idea of competing in Iroman events -- 3.8-kilometre swim, 180-kilometre bike and marathon -- has its appeal. So, too, does playing recreational soccer, which Whitfield does back in Victoria in a league that also features the father of NBA star Steve Nash. "It (retirement from triathlons) will probably happen on the soccer field when I will blow an Achilles or something," Whitfield said with a chuckle. "But I still want to be able to run around at 68 like Steve Nashs dad and be able to dominate the young guys." Adidas NMD 2018 Outlet . LOUIS -- Rookie Tavon Austin has missed another day of practice, lessening the odds hell be ready for the St. Wholesale Adidas NMD Free Shipping . -- Edmontons Val Sweeting is two wins away from a trip to Winnipeg to play in Canadas Road of the Rings in December. http://www.cheapadidasnmdonline.com/ . 1, meaning problems for the doping controls at both major international sports events next year. The World Anti-Doping Agency provisionally suspended the Moscow Antidoping Center on Sunday, saying its operations must improve or a six-month ban on the facilitys accreditation will be imposed. PITTSBURGH -- The giddiness faded quickly. Call it a byproduct of simple math. For all the euphoria that ensued after Pittsburgh kicker Chris Blewitts 48-yard field goal lifted the Panthers to a last-minute stunner against No. 2 Clemson last week, in the standings it counts the same as any other victory.It was a sweet moment to be sure, but it was just one. The Panthers (6-4, 3-3 ACC) understand it wont mean much if they cant back it up on Saturday against improving Duke (4-6, 1-5).This Duke win, if we are capable of going down (to Clemson) and getting it done and coming to Heinz Field and getting it done it will be just as big, Pitt coach Pat Narduzzi said. Other people might not think it, but theyre a good football team and every win is a major win.The Panthers arent the only one coming off an emotional high. The Blue Devils rebounded from three narrow losses by a combined 16 points to edge rival North Carolina 28-27 , putting a severe crimp into the Tar Heels hopes of winning the ACC Coastal Division. It also kept alive their hopes of getting to six wins and securing a fifth straight bowl berth. It will take victories over the Panthers and Miami to get there without holding out hope theres not enough six-win teams to go around and the Blue Devils can get in thanks to their academic success.No offense, but its not the path coach David Cutcliffe would prefer to go.You want to play your way in and take doubt out of it, Cutcliffe said.Bowl eligibility is already out of the way for Pitt thanks to what Narduzzi hopes is a program-shifting moment. The quality of the Panthers destination is the only thing in question now. Beating Duke on Saturday and Syracuse next week would certainly make Pitts impressive resume -- wins over Clemson and Penn State and down-to-the-wire losses to Oklahoma State, Virginia Tech and North Carolina -- plenty attractive.First things first though. The Panthers dropped their final two games of 2015, turning a special season into simply a promising one.One of goals was to finish season a lot better than we did last year, quarterback Nate Peterman said. Were going to focus these last two games and not let anything slip by. Every game is worth a lot. Cheap Adidas NMD R2 2018. Some things to look for as Duke tries for a little payback after the Panthers rolled by them 31-13 last fall.SHAUN IS ON: Duke RB Shaun Wilson is making the most of his opportunity to start. Wilson has 292 yards rushing in his last three games, including 100-yard outings against Georgia Tech and Virginia Tech, and has run for a touchdown in each game. The speedster who set the schools single-game record two years ago with 245 yards rushing against Kansas has been the featured back since starter and leading rusher Jela Duncan was lost for the season after rupturing his Achilles tendon three weeks ago in the Georgia Tech loss.JAMES BEING JAMES: Nearly 12 months removed from a cancer diagnosis that threatened to derail his career, Pitt running back James Conner is thriving. Hes scored seven touchdowns over the last four games, including a highlight-reel 20-yard sprint against Clemson that put the Panthers within range to win it late.The best way to minimize the damage is to get more than one person to the ball, Cutcliffe said. When he gets rolling and he feels it, it gets increasingly harder to (stop him).RUNNING DEVILS: Wilsons success has made Dukes ground game that much more effective. The Blue Devils have rushed for at least 225 yards in each of their last three games after cracking the 200-yard mark in their first six games against FBS opponents. It helps that Daniel Jones has emerged as a threat to run, with the QB averaging 89 yards rushing during his last three games.PETERMANS PROGRESS: Pitt senior quarterback Nate Peterman began the season as a game manager. Hes become a difference maker in offensive coordinator Matt Canadas increasingly diverse offense. Peterman threw for a career-high five touchdowns against Clemson and his deft ball distribution is one of the main reasons the Panthers are averaging 37.6 points per game, third in the ACC.---AP Sports Writer Joedy McCreary in Raleigh, North Carolina, contributed to this report.---AP College Football site: www.collegefootball.ap.org Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Mitglied
clibin009 Jun 4 '18
clb20180604ugg outlet storeasolo bootsmichael kors outlet storenike outlet storebirkenstock salemichael kors outletadidas storejordan shoes for salebirkenstock outlet onlinephilipp pleinvionic sandalsthe north face jacketslouboutin outletadidas nmd runnernike free 5.0michael kors outlet onlineconverse shoeslebron james shoescanada goose jacketskate spade bagsjimmy choo outletpandora charmsugg outletcanada goose salelouis vuitton outlet onlinetoms outlet storeoakley sunglasses wholesalemichael kors outlet storeadidas campus shoesyeezy boost 350reef sandalscoach outlet store onlinenike air max 97coach outlet onlinecheap air jordansvan cleef and arpels jewelrydr martensdurant shoesmichael kors outlet onlinemichael kors outletair maxsalvatore ferragamomanolo blahnik shoesjohn lobb boot maker shoesmulberry uknike cortez classicmlb jerseys cheapferragamo shoestoms shoesbirkenstock outletnike shoesralph lauren outletcoach outlet onlinecanada goose jacketsmichael kors outlet onlinecanada goose outlet storepandora charms salebirkenstock shoesmcm outlet storecoach outlet onlinepandora outletchch handbagsair maxmichael kors outlet storemichael kors bagsadidas ultra boostcoach outlet onlinecoach factory outlet onlinepandora charms sale clearancemichael kors outlet onlinemoncler outlet onlineair max 1asics outlet storepandora charms outlethermes handbagslouis vuitton factory outletmlb jerseys cheapunomagli shoeskyrie 4cheap jordan shoesmoncler saledooney and bourke handbagstory burch handbagstimberland bootsbirkenstock shoes outletecco shoes for womenralph lauren ukmichael kors handbagssalvatore ferragamo shoesmichael kors canadacoach outlet onlinechristian louboutin shoescoach outletprana clothingmichael kors handbagspandora canadamichael kors canadacolumbia shoescanada goose coatsair foampositecanada goosekate spade handbagsmichael kors canadamichael kors outlet storefred perry polo shirtsadidas stan smithmichael korsralph lauren outlet onlineecco outletkenneth cole shoesvans outlet storediscount oakley sunglassesnike react shoesralph lauren sale clearance ukcoach outlet store onlineray bansralph lauren outlet onlinenike shox shoesralph lauren ukcoach factory outletkeen sandalsmichael kors outlet onlinenba jerseys wholesaleyeezy shoescanada goose salevalentino outletberluti shoespolo outlet onlinenew balance outlet storecheap jordansmont blanc penscheap jordan shoescoach factory outletcoach factory outlet onlinecheap oakley sunglasseshermes bagsadidas sneakerssalomon outletswarovski outletkate spade outletmichael kors outlet storeadidas yeezy shoesnfl jerseystimberland shoesnike huarache shoesnike air max 2018coach canadacoach factory outlet onlineadidas nmd r1pandora charms salepandora charms outletralph lauren outlet onlinekate spade outlet onlinecoach outlet store online clearancemerrell shoescheap ray ban sunglassessupreme shirtspandora charms outletkate spade handbagschristian louboutin shoesair max shoesmichael kors outlet clearancetimberland boots outletadidas yeezy boostcheap air jordanspandora charms salevasque shoesadidas shoesoakey sunglasses outlet storeadidas outlet onlinecanada goosecoach factory outletfitflops saleversace handbagsmlb jerseys wholesaleugg boots womendr martens bootsasics outletcheap jordans free shippingair max axisadidas outletcanada goose salemont blanc pennike outlet storepolo ralph laurenlouboutin shoesfitflops salecoach outlet onlinenike air max 2019hermenspg 2 shoespandora jewelryoakley sunglasses outletprada shoesnike free 3.0fitflops sale clearanceugg bootscoach factory outletchopard watchespandora charmslongchamp outlet storenew balance outletkobe shoesadidas superstarssalvatore ferragamo outletbirkenstock outletpolo ralph lauren outletcoach outlet onlinepandora ringskate spade handbagsadidas yeezy boostpandora charms sale clearancecanada goose jackets ukcoach outlet canadapandora jewelrynike outlet onlinecanada goose jacketsmoncler coatsralph lauren outlet onlinediscount oakley sunglassesmikimoto pearlsair max shoesbirkenstock ukcoach outlet onlineadidas shoestimberland outletysl handbagscoach factory outlet onlinenike air max 90adidas yeezy boost 350clb20180604