OBrien after eight months out with hamstring issues, | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
corse178 Dez 22 '17
MIAMI GARDENS, Fla. Stephen Curry 4 2018 . -- An unlikely kick a week ago doomed Florida State.An unlikely blocked kick now might have saved the Seminoles season.DeMarcus Walker pushed through the line and blocked Miami kicker Michael Badgleys point-after attempt with 1:38 remaining, and that was the difference as No. 23 Florida State escaped with a 20-19 victory over the 10th-ranked Hurricanes on Saturday night -- the Seminoles seventh straight win over their archrival.Thats a Florida State-Miami game, Seminoles coach Jimbo Fisher said. Its great competition. Heck of a game.Heck of a finish, too.Walker is from Jacksonville, Florida -- which was hit hard by Hurricane Matthew, and that was on the Florida State stars mind as he lined up for that crucial point-after play.I was just so heartbroken with everything that happened, Walker said. I did it for them.Dalvin Cook and Kermit Whitfield had touchdown catches in the third quarter. Deondre Francois, who left in the first half after being shaken up, came back and ended up with 234 yards passing for Florida State (4-2, 1-2 Atlantic Coast Conference).My team needed me, Francois said. The trainers got me right.The Hurricanes (4-1, 1-1) were in position to tie it after Brad Kaaya connected with Stacy Coley on an 11-yard touchdown pass. But the 6-foot-3 Walker pushed through some blockers and got his arm outstretched just enough to knock away what would have been the tying point from Badgley.So once again, in a series defined so many times by missed kicks by the Seminoles -- like Wide Right I in 1991 that wound up helping Miami win the national championship, an accomplishment the Hurricanes celebrated the 25th anniversary of Saturday -- theres now a new piece of lore.Not being able to protect well enough to kick an extra point is tough, Miami coach Mark Richt said. Tough for everybody. But, to their credit, somebody cared enough to blast through and get it. It was a great effort on their part.Florida State saw its 22-game home winning streak end last weekend when North Carolina connected on a 54-yard field goal as time expired. But the streak over Miami lives on.Cook finished with 150 yards rushing and had a 59-yard scoring catch to spark the Seminoles second-half surge, and Whitfields 20-yard catch on his 23rd birthday put Florida State ahead for good.Coley caught a 21-yard touchdown pass from Kaaya to help Miami take an early 13-0 lead. But for the third straight year, the Hurricanes saw a second-half lead slip away. Braxton Berrios set up Coleys second TD catch with a punt return inside the Florida State 20, but it wasnt enough.Its a heartbreaker, Kaaya said.Kaaya lost a molar in the third quarter when he took a helmet-to-helmet hit from Florida States Matthew Thomas, who was ejected for targeting -- the second straight year a Seminoles player was tossed for targeting the Miami quarterback. And in the fourth quarter, Miamis Jamal Carter was thrown out for a targeting hit against Whitfield.Some Miami fans showered the field with debris at that point, and Richt wasnt happy either.But in the end, it was a kick that decided everything -- and the break went Florida States way.This just shows the character and fight these guys have, Cook said. Hats off to Miami. Great team. They battled.THE TAKEAWAYFlorida State: Cook has two career touchdown catches -- both against Miami. ... The Seminoles lost safety Nate Andrews in the first quarter, who was hurt on a play where he tackled Miamis David Njoku. ... Florida State now has a pair of seven-game winning streaks against Miami, this other coming between 1963 and 1972. ... The Seminoles are now 13-2 under Fisher when playing in NFL stadiums.Miami: The Hurricanes went 281 minutes, 28 seconds this season without trailing. They came into the night as one of only two FBS teams who hadnt faced a deficit this season, with Boise State now alone on that list. ... RT Sunny Odogwu got hurt in the fourth quarter, on a drive where the Hurricanes allowed back-to-back sacks of Kaaya at a critical time. Odogwu was taken off the field on a cart after time expired.POLL IMPLICATIONSThe second-longest active streak of AP Top 25 poll appearances will live on -- since Florida State surely will hold a spot for the 76th straight week after this comeback win. Miami likely would have climbed a spot or two with a victory, though now the Hurricanes will drop several spots when the next installment of the poll comes out Monday.UP NEXTFlorida State: The Seminoles host Wake Forest on Oct. 15, looking for their fifth straight win in that series. Score of the last four matchups: 178-22, though last year was 24-16.Miami: The next two games will likely decide Miamis fate in the ACC Coastal race. North Carolina visits the Hurricanes on Oct. 15, five days before Miami goes to Virginia Tech.Under Armour Clearance . -- The boos poured down on Tom Brady and the New England Patriots at the end of a horrible first half. Steph Curry Under Armour Mvp Shoes .Y. -- Buffalo Bills coach Doug Marrone has drawn on his Syracuse connections once again by hiring Rob Moore to take over as receivers coach. http://www.curry4forsale.com/ .C. -- When North Carolina freshman Ryan Switzer reported to training camp in August he was a little miffed to learn he was third on the depth chart at punt returner. In the days when Australias cricket team were all-conquering, Adam Gilchrist was frequently referred to as the sides allrounder, for his batting carried that kind of weight. On his recall to the national side in far grimmer times, Matthew Wades allround responsibilities appear to be threefold: batting, wicketkeeping and presence.While Wade insists that his glove work has gone up a notch or three since he was dropped for Brad Haddin ahead of the 2013 Ashes series, ending a run of 12 Tests behind the stumps, he also acknowledged his role around the team will be much more multifaceted than simply adding to his tally of dismissals. At a time when Australian batting could not be at a lower ebb, Wade must bring plenty of runs, after the fashion of his two commendable Test hundreds against the West Indies and Sri Lanka. In particular he must help to fashion lower-order partnerships to extract more value from the home sides tail - something he enjoys.I enjoy that part of the game, I enjoy the scrap, Wade said on Monday. I enjoy getting out there when our backs are to the wall. Hopefully that doesnt come in this Test, but if it does Im looking forward to getting out there and having a scrap, yeah.That liking for a scrap has not always paid off for Wade. He has got himself in trouble on the field for aggressive verbal exchanges, most recently in South Africa during the ODI series that preceded these Tests. But in the wake of the captain Steven Smiths plea for cricketers prepared to fight for the national team cause, a more pugilistic presence behind the stumps has helped push Wade ahead of Peter Nevill.I think I just bring what I bring for Victoria week in, week out, he said. Obviously Ive been picked for a reason and Ill just come and play my way. Ive been picked to come in and be a bit of a presence hopefully I suppose. I feel like being around one day international team for a while I can really lead as well.Ive been around for long enough it doesnt feel like Im coming in for my first game. I can come in and contribute and help the leaders out on the field. I dont go into any game looking to really get into anyones head. I just go out and play the way that I play.Im competitive. I like the contest. If an opportunity comes where I feel like I can contribute in that way to get benefit for the teeam then I will. Under Armour Outlet. I certainly dont go out looking to target people, it just develops out on the ground.Underpinning all this will be Wades effectiveness or otherwise behind the stumps. Intriguingly, he has not worked specifically with any one mentor to improve his technique, whether it be footwork, softer hands or anticipation. But he acknowledges now that it was the art of wicketkeeping that got away from him at the time he was dropped from the Test side, meaning that much more emphasis on it this time around.Theres no doubt when I played Test cricket last time my wicket keeping was not where it needed to be so Ive worked hard on it and improvements have come, he said. So I feel confident in my game that I can make a contribution in the team. Thats what its all about.The good thing about wicket keeping is that everywhere you go generally you find a keeper. Ive done work with Heals [Ian Healy], Ive done work with Rod [Marsh], Ive done work with Tim Coyle. Ive worked with everyone. But in the end when youre out there and things arent going well youve got to try and work it out yourself and if you dont know your game 100% its going to be hard to get back.I just needed to keep better that was basically it. Three years ago was a long time ago so hard to remember exactly what the selectors told me at that time. But I knew I needed to work on my keeping at that stage, it was no surprise I was out of the team. But Ive worked hard on it and Im confident in it that I can contribute. Its not about my wicket keeping or my batting. Its about trying to find a way as a team to get some wins out.Winning culture is something Australia desperately need right now, in whatever form it takes. As Victorias captain, Wade has helmed consecutive Sheffield Shield triumphs for his state and just yesterday helped oversee a crushing win for the Bushrangers over their longtime rivals New South Wales at the SCG. It all helps.Ive played enough first-class cricket now and been around the Australian setup long enough to feel like I can go out and lead, he said. Whether its helping young guys, or helping the more experienced guys. Whatever the team needs, Ill be there to help out. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '