eason-high 44 shots in the win, wh | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
love520 Dez 26 '17
NEW YORK -- Australian star Penny Taylor is calling it a career. Julien Davenport Jersey .The 35-year-old told The Associated Press that she would retire from playing basketball at the end of the WNBA season. She helped lead the Phoenix Mercury to three WNBA titles and guided Australia to a world championship in 2006.My focus is on the Olympics, but definitely its my last year, Taylor said. Worked really hard to get back and still be good. I want to go out on a good note. My health is something I really had to work hard at, and to be fit and stay out on the floor, Ive done that really well. For me, its the right time.Taylor was able to avoid injuries early in a playing career that started when she was 15. Lately, her body has been breaking down a bit, starting with a torn ACL that forced her to miss the 2012 Olympics and 15 months of playing time. This season, she has been dealing with hip issues that caused her to miss the final few games of the WNBA season before the Olympic break.There is a time when you have to retire. I want to retire when Im still good, she said Friday night. I nearly had it all taken away from me. I want to make that decision and still want to be wanted. I still feel like Im still contributing out there.The one thing missing from Taylors impressive basketball résumé is an Olympic gold medal. She was the MVP of the 2006 world championship in Brazil.When you talk about the Mount Rushmore of basketball, if you had one for the world, shed probably be the first person on there, said Mercury teammate Diana Taurasi. Shes just done so much for Australian basketball, leading them to a world championship, putting them in a position every year to win a medal. She holds that close to her heart.Taurasi also was quick to point out that Taylor was a trailblazer for other Australians to be able to play in Europe and make a living. Taylor played in Turkey and Russia.She opened so many doors for everyone in that country to go to Europe, Taurasi said. She made it OK to leave Australia when no one left to play overseas. What she did in the WNBA, if theres a five you pick to go win a game, theres no one I pick over Penny.Taylor was selected 11th in the 2001 WNBA draft by the Cleveland Rockers. When that team folded in 2003, she was picked up by the Mercury and helped them win titles in 2007, 2009 and 2014.Were the last two from our class, said Indiana Fever forward Tamika Catchings, who was drafted third in 2001 and also will retire at the end of this season. Weve had some really good battles. When I think of Penny, I think of Game 5 of the 2009 WNBA championship, how clutch she was.Taylor has averaged 13.3 points in her 13-year WNBA career.Penny is one of those players that at times gets overlooked, said Sue Bird of the Seattle Storm. It might be the whole Australian playing in the WNBA at times. I dont know why she wasnt in the top 20. Look at Pennys career and I think its a no-brainer for her to be on that team. What makes her game so difficult is her ability to score and put pressure on your defense at all times.Taylor helped Australia win silver medals in the 2004 and 2008 Olympics, and she said she would love to see that stage of her career end with a gold in Rio. She hopes to enter the coaching ranks after the WNBA season ends.Ive gotten to the point where Im seeing it more as a coach these days, Taylor said. Its the natural progression over the last few years anyway. Playing for Sandy [Brondello], I really admire her and the way she sees the game. Id like to continue learning from her.Taylor smiled when asked if she would like to be on the sideline for Australia at the 2018 world championship in Spain or the Tokyo Olympics in 2020.Who knows, thats so far away, she said. Id like to coach. I enjoy it. I love the game, love seeing it played well. Jose Altuve Jersey . But what about the officials? Every sport has officials and they also have stories about hard work and sacrifice but their accomplishments are seldom recognized by anyone outside their inner circle. Vince Wilfork Jersey . -- The proud fathers huddled near the Dallas Stars dressing room, smiling, laughing and telling stories while wearing replica green sweaters of their sons team. http://www.texansrookiesproshop.com/breno-giacomini-texans-jersey/ . The Celtics closed out their first preseason under Stevens on Wednesday night with a 101-97 victory over the Brooklyn Nets, who rested a lot of their lineup including former Celtics Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce. PHILADELPHIA -- One month into the season, the Philadelphia Flyers are searching for a goaltender who can pull them out of mediocrity.On Saturday night theyll be facing a team whose goaltender is playing his best hockey of the season.Steve Mason was torched for six goals in the Flyers 6-3 loss to the Maple Leafs in Toronto Friday night, which makes it all but certain Michal Neuvirth will get the start against the Wild. It will be the Flyers fifth back-to-back games of the season.Minnesota, meanwhile, is expected to turn to goaltender Devan Dubnyk, who has given up six goals in his last 21 periods and is 4-2-0 with an 0.84 goals-against average, .974 save percentage and three shutouts in his last six starts.Neuvirth is 4-2-0 with a 3.57 GAA and .859 save percentage. Hes coming off a 5-4 loss to the Canadiens on Saturday, which came after Neuvirth strung together three straight wins.Led by two goals from Wayne Simmonds, who now leads the team with eight, and another by Travis Konecny, the Flyers (6-7-2) carried a 3-2 lead into the third period in Toronto on Friday night, only to see the Maple Leafs score four third-period goals on Mason, who has surrendered three or more goals in six of his eight starts this season.You cant win is you only play 40 minutes, Konecny told the Philadelphia Inquirer after picking up his fourth goal.The Wild (7-4-1) are coming off perhaps their most impressive win of the season, a 4-2 win in Pittsburgh on Thursday. Xavier Sua-Filo Jersey. . Eric Staal had three points and broke a 2-2 tie in the third period and Dubnyk turned aside 39 of 41 shots in the win.Thats a difficult task after as many days off as we had to go up against that group, Dubnyk told the Star Tribune. It was a tough first 10 minutes. They were flying, and we were trying to get our feet and hands going again.But I thought we reacted real well after their (first) power-play goal and perfectly continued to get better as each minute went by in that game. Real big win for us.The Wild recorded a season-high 44 shots in the win, which snapped a two-game losing streak, and were credited with 32 hits.The Wild allowed two power-play goals to the Penguins but still lead the NHL on the penalty kill.Flyers coach Dave Hakstol shook things up against the Maple Leafs. Left winger Michael Raffl was replaced by Nick Cousins and defenseman Brandon Manning, who struggled Tuesday night against the Red Wings, was replaced by Nick Schultz.Schultz was paired with Shayne Gostisbehere on the Flyers top pairing, while Michael Del Zotto, who had been paired with Gostisbehere, played alongside Radko Gudas. Cheap NFL JerseysCheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '