Fernandez in the seventh, l | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » CALISIA » Fehler auf der Seite
Mitglied
corse178 Jan 17 '18
ANAHEIM, Calif. Nike Air Vapormax Outlet . -- Though Yankees manager Joe Girardi insists his team is going for it and is focused solely on a postseason berth, yet another sign of the franchises transition will be in evidence on Saturday, when 24-year-old right-hander Luis Cessa is scheduled to make his first major league start against the Angels.Cessna has been shuttled back and forth between New York and its Triple-A affiliate this season. His recall on Aug. 11 is his fourth stint with the Yankees and, with Nathan Eovaldis season-ending injury opening up a position in the starting rotation, Girardi will hand the ball to Cessna to keep the teams slight playoff chances on track.As a young player, youre looking to make an impression and Luis has that opportunity now, Girardi said. His ability to mix up his pitches and locate his fastball has been good.Though the game is a milestone in his progression, Cessa was relaxed when discussing his first big-league start.Im ready, I dont feel nervous, Cessa said. Its a great opportunity to show the team what I can do. I will be ready because the Angels have dangerous hitters throughout their lineup.While the Yankees are still playing games that matter, the Angels are attempting to find some consistency in their game after one of the worst stretches in franchise history plummeted them into the cellar of the AL West. With nothing more than personal achievements to play for, the Angels have been reduced to the spoiler role for their final 40 games.Ricky Nolasco will make his fourth start as an Angel trying to improve on a 1-1 record with a 5.40 ERA since being acquired from the Minnesota Twins on Aug. 1. Nolasco pitched well in a start against New York earlier this season with the Twins, tossing seven innings and allowing two earned runs on eight hits with no walks and five strikeouts. Pitching for two last-place teams this season is a contributing factor in Nolascos 4-10 record but his struggles on the hill (5.10 ERA, 1.352 WHIP) places his status in question despite having one year left on his $ 49 million, 4-year contract.Third baseman Yunel Escobars status for next season is the polar opposite from Nolascos. Escobar, acquired from the Washington Nationals last December, is the Angels leading hitter with a .320 average and is a lock to have the Angels exercise his $ 7 million option for the 2017 season. Despite his defensive deficiencies at the base (17 errors in 108 games), he has been a consistent offensive force in the leadoff spot. Escobar fell prey to the injury bug dogging the team this season on Friday. He fouled a ball directly off his face and cheek during a bunt attempt in the fourth inning and while X-rays were negative, Escobar may have to go on the disabled list.Yunel is as good as we have on this team at putting the ball in play at hitting it sharply. Hes having a terrific season. said Angels manager Mike Scioscia. Hes sore and we will have to make a determination on his status.Despite the Angels being on track to miss the playoffs for the sixth time in the last seven seasons, Scioscia is not in jeopardy of being fired. General manager Billy Eppler addressed the managers status on Friday and expects him to return for his 18th season as the Angels bench boss. Eppler feels the injuries that plagued the team all season are a major factor in their poor performance.I have no reason to believe Mike wouldnt be here managing our team next season, Eppler told MLB.com. You have to have the horses to pull the cart. If your horses get hurt, we can only do so much.Scioscia signed a 10-year extension in January 2009 that runs through the 2018 season. Cheap Nike Air Vapormax . -- Charlie Graham stopped 67 shots as the Belleville Bulls edged the visiting Guelph Storm 6-5 on Saturday in Ontario Hockey League action. Black Nike Air Vapormax . Q: Team Canada announces their Olympic roster three weeks from today. Who is general manager Steve Yzerman watching? LeBrun: Over the last 48 hours, hes taken in the home-and-home between the Dallas Stars and Colorado Avalanche with Jamie Benn and Matt Duchene being the obvious targets. http://www.cheapairvapormaxsale.com/ . -- In one brief spurt, Brazil turned a close game into a rout and proved again it will be a strong World Cup favourite. CHICAGO -- Cubs manager Joe Maddons decision to lift a dominant Jason Hammel for a pinch-hitter in the sixth inning looked dubious when Miguel Montero struck out and Pedro Strop got into trouble in the seventh.All it took was a big play in the outfield and some 104 mph heat from Aroldis Chapman to give Maddon and the Cubs another win.Hammel threw six scoreless innings, Dexter Fowler had three hits and Chicago beat Miami ace Jose Fernandez and the Marlins 3-2 on Tuesday night for its third straight victory.Today I was a one-pitch pitcher, said Hammel, who allowed four hits and set a career high for wins in a season. I didnt really have a feel for any of the breaking pitches, curveball and the slider, and I didnt throw any changeups. The fastball played well today.Hammel (11-5) extended Chicagos scoreless streak to 24 innings before Strops shaky seventh. Aroldis Chapman hit 104.4 mph on the radar gun in a perfect ninth as the Cubs won for the sixth time in seven games and opened a nine-game lead over St. Louis in the NL Central.Were playing really good baseball, Maddon said.Hammel threw 80 pitches before being lifted for a pinch-hitter with the Cubs up 3-0, a move Maddon calls a National League moment. But Montero struck out with two on.We took a shot, it didnt play, Maddon said.Fernandez (12-6) allowed three runs and eight hits over six innings, losing consecutive starts for the first time since his 2013 rookie season.This may sound funny, but I felt strong today, Fernandez said. I was making good pitches. This is a good team.Fowler was his nemesis. He led off the first with a triple and scored on catcher Willson Contreras single. Batting Contreras second worked for Maddon, as Fowler and Contreras had consecutive hits again in the third to produce another run.He was involved in almost everything tonight, Maddon said of Fowler.The center fielder added an RBI single in the fifth off Fernandez, who fanned eight and took over the major league lead with 192 strikeouts.Adeiny Hechavarria and J.T. Realmuto each hit an RBI single in the seventh off Strop, who also committed a throwing error. Travis Wood rreplaced him and Chris Coghlans diving catch of Christian Yelichs looping liner to left field with two on ended the threat. Youth Nike Air Vapormax. ormer Cubs closer Hector Rondon picked off pinch-runner Dee Gordon from first in a scoreless eighth.Then Chapman entered and used his blazing fastball to strike out one and earn his second save in three tries since being acquired from the Yankees.Its coming out hot, but its easy when you have that kind of guy throwing a fastball straight, Contreras said. Its harder when you have 97 (mph) with sink. But I mean, its unbelievable.ICHIRO UPDATEIchiro Suzuki struck out pinch-hitting for Fernandez in the seventh, leaving him at 2,998 hits. Suzuki is expected to start Wednesdays series finale against RHP John Lackey. Suzukis 37 hits against Lackey are his most off any pitcher.TRAINERS ROOMMarlins: 1B Justin Bour (ankle) went 0 for 3 for Triple-A New Orleans was expected to play one more minor league rehab game Wednesday before returning Friday at Colorado.Cubs: Second-year slugger Kris Bryant wasnt in the lineup. It didnt matter who was pitching today as long as he was right-handed, Maddon said. I wanted to give him the day off.IDEAL TRADENot only did new Cubs reliever Joe Smith go from the struggling Los Angeles Angels to a contender, hes now just a short flight or 4 1/2-hour drive from his ailing mother in Cincinnati. Lee Smith, 56, is battling Huntingtons disease, an inherited, fatal disorder that causes cognitive and physical impairment.Its nice, Joe Smith said. Traveling is hard and those flights take a lot out of her.RHP Spencer Patton was optioned to Triple-A Iowa to make room for Smith, acquired Monday.PHELPS ON FRIDAYMarlins manager Don Mattingly said RHP David Phelps will move into the rotation and start Friday against the Rockies. Hell replace RHP Colin Rea, who was traded back to San Diego on Monday.UP NEXTMarlins RHP Tom Koehler (8-8, 4.18 ERA) returns from a pectoral injury and faces Lackey (8-7, 3.69) to close the season series. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '