eatedly used his speed to test Portugals defen | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Apr 11 '19
GLENDALE, Ariz. Nike Shox Australia Online . -- The New England Patriots came to Arizona without Tom Brady, Rob Gronkowski, Rob Ninkovich and two starters on the defensive line.And came away 23-21 winners.This is awesome, Patriots wide receiver Chris Hogan said after Sunday nights win. I dont even have words to express what this probably means to the whole team. Coming out here, playing on the road in a tough environment against a really good team.Jimmy Garoppolo , a third-year pro in his first start, completed 24 of 33 passes for 264 yards and a touchdown with no interceptions. After Arizona had taken a 21-20 lead, he directed a 13-play, 61-yard drive that ended with Stephen Gostkowsks 32-yard field goal, what proved to be the game winner with 3:44 to play.Jimmy Garoppolo played very, very well, Cardinals coach Bruce Arians said, knew he would.The Cardinals had a chance to win it but Chandler Catanzaro missed a 47-yard field goal with 41 seconds remaining.It was a tough start to the season for an Arizona team that has made it clear anything short of a Super Bowl would be a disappointment. Quarterback Carson Palmer said his team would bounce back.Any time you lose the opener at home, it hurts, he said. There is too much football ahead of us. There are too many guys that love the game, have the passion for the game and want to win, want to get it right.Here are some things to consider about the Patriots Sunday night victory.LOW SNAP, BIG MISS: The snap on what would have been the game-winning field goal for Arizona was low, the first big moment for the Cardinals rookie long snapper.Kameron Canaday won the job late in the preseason to replace longtime snapper Mike Leach, who retired.It was a little low, he said. I wish I could take it back but I cant.Catanzaro made no excuses.I know in my heart I should have made that kick, he said. So this game falls on me, and I hate it. But I know Im going to step up when the team needs me next.RECEIVING DEPTH: Much is made of the Cardinals depth and talent at receiver, but the Patriots group isnt bad, either.And in Gronkowskis absence, several were on hand to help their young quarterback. None was more important than Julian Edelman. Seven times he was Garoppolos target and he caught all seven.Hogan had three catches, including a 37-yard touchdown reception. Danny Amendola had three catches, including a 32-yarder.Guys stepped up and that is what you have to do in this league, Hogan said. Injuries are part of the game and people have to step up and I think a lot of guys did that.AGELESS FITZGERALD: Larry Fitzgerald caught both of Arizonas touchdown passes, the second a marvelous, over-the-shoulder, sliding grab to put the Cardinals up in the fourth quarter.Entering his 13th NFL season, he finished with eight catches for 81 yards. The last touchdown catch was the 100th of his career, tying him with Hall of Famers Tim Brown and Steve Largent for eighth on the NFLs all-time list.Fitzgerald also moved past Torry Holt into 14th on the NFL career yards receiving list.There was a report that Fitzgerald has told people close to him that this would be his last year as a player.I dont talk about the future, he said. What Im doing next year is of no importance. This is the year and I want to make sure its a great one.ON THE RUN: The Patriots kept Arizona running back David Johnson in check most of the night, except for one big play.On that 45-yard run, Johnson spun away from tacklers at the line of scrimmage, put his hand on the ground to steady himself, then stiff-armed a defender before racing down the field.The guy is unbelievable, Fitzgerald said. He is a guy that can change the complexion of the game in one touch.The run set up the TD that put Arizona ahead in the fourth quarter.BELICHICKS STORY LINE: New England coach Bill Belichick was of no help to the throng of reporters who were looking to build their game stories around Garoppolo.He was asked his thoughts on Garoppolo being the story line for Monday and whether he was minimizing the young quarterbacks play.I mean, Im really, really concerned about the story line, Belichick said with obvious sarcasm. Like, theres really nothing higher on my list than the story line tomorrow.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL Nike Shox Clearance Australia .com) - Following a late-game loss to the reigning NBA champs, the Toronto Raptors will look to sustain their recent high-level play as they travel to Indiana to take on the Pacers. Nike Shox Clearance Sale . PAUL, Minn. http://www.cheapnikeshoxaustralia.com/ . The Barrie Colts defenceman, who impressed many with his play for Canada at the World Junior Hockey Championship, is the top-ranked skater in the February rankings. He has 19 goals and 24 assists for 43 points in 45 games with the Colts this season. MARSEILLE, France -- Like fellow underdog Iceland before it, Wales learned the hard lesson that a team needs more than just an abundance of guts and heart to succeed at the pointy end of a major tournament.An abundance of quality is needed, too. In the end, Wales simply didnt have enough of it against Portugal in the European Championship semifinal.Gareth Bale, Wales sole superstar and the worlds most expensive player, tried as hard as he could but lost his battle against his Real Madrid teammate, Cristiano Ronaldo.Here are 5 things to know about the semifinal that Portugal won 2-0 in Lyon:---TOUGH FINALPortugals road to the final has been anything but convincing. Wales is the first team it beat in regular time.Germany or France, depending on which of them wins their semifinal on Thursday, have far more quality than Wales. Having put itself two goals ahead, Portugal was able to control the second half against the Welsh. Wales manager Chris Coleman didnt have players coming off the bench who could make a difference.France and Germany do.Unless Ronaldo can do something special, Portugal could get found out in the final, just as Wales was in the semifinal.---RAMSEY MISSEDWales without midfielder Aaron Ramsey was like a car with a misfiring cylinder: It lacked oomph.Suspended from the semifinal for yellow cards in the previous rounds, the Arsenal midfielders absence deprived the Welsh of their most prolific passer and goal-creator at Euro 2016.And it showed.Without his attacking runs and slinky passes from midfield, Wales struggled to capitalize on the absence through injury of Portugals best defender, Real Madrids Pepe, or place any lasting pressure on his 34-year-old replacement at center back, Bruno Alves.Andy King, Ramseys replacement who plays for Premier League winners Leicester City, worked hard from box-to-box, taking turns with Liverpools Joe Allen to drop back deep but also haring forward when opportunities presented themselves.But they were too few and far between.---BALLON DORHad Bale carried Wales to its first ever major tournament final, having already won the Champions League again with Real Madrid this season, the 26-year-old could have become a real contender to break Lionel Messi and Ronaldos stranglehold on the world pllayer of the year award that they have hogged without interruption since Kaka won in 2007. Nike Shox Shoes Australia. As historic as getting Wales to the semifinal was, it surely wont be enough.Ronaldo could now have a lock on Ballon dOr voters should he carry Portugal to victory in the final on Sunday.----RONALDO DELIVERSCometh the hour, cometh the three-time world player of the year.From the outset, Ronaldo looked determined to make his mark against Wales. His last -- and only -- major final with Portugal ended badly, with him in tears after the team lost to Greece at Euro 2004.He clearly wants a second chance.For a player of his stature, Ronaldo has had surprisingly few standout matches at his seven major tournaments with Portugal, including at Euro 2016.In the 2004 semifinals, he scored the opening goal against the Netherlands. At Euro 2012, he scored both goals in a 2-1 win again against the Netherlands to put Portugal in the quarterfinals and then scored the only goal in a 1-0 win against the Czech Republic to put Portugal in the semifinals.At Euro 2016 before Wednesday, hed scored twice in a 3-3 group stage draw with Hungary.---BALE DOESNTBale was guilty of trying too hard against Portugal. But that was also out of necessity.In trying to carve out goal-scoring opportunities and make things happen for Wales, the forward dropped back too often into midfield and that blunted some of his cutting edge.Had Wales had more players of his quality, Bale could have spent more time up front, waiting for crosses and passes like Ronaldo did. Instead, Bale tried doing a lot of the work himself.A trick obviously practiced by Wales on the training ground almost paid off in the 18th minute, when instead of hoofing a corner into the box, the ball was passed for Bale to run onto. But his shot was wide.Bale also repeatedly used his speed to test Portugals defenses, notably outsprinting Ronaldo in the first half to fire a cross from the right wing that King failed to reach.---John Leicester is an international sports columnist for The Associated Press. Write to him at jleicester(at)ap.org or follow him at http://twitter.com/johnleicester ' ' '