The Flames will host UMass Lowell, Mississip | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Apr 18 '19
PHOENIX -- Wilson Ramos delivered yet another big game to keep the Washington Nationals rolling Tuesday night. Cheap World Cup Jerseys .Ramos lifted his average to .331 with two hits, including a key three-run homer, to help the Nationals beat the Arizona Diamondbacks 10-4.Ramos connected for his 16th home run with two outs off Diamondbacks starter Robbie Ray (5-11). Chris Heisey followed with a solo shot, marking the 13th time the Nationals have hit back-to-back home runs this year.Ive been trying to concentrate on hitting the ball up the middle when I have runners in scoring position, Ramos said. I was looking for the pitch (Ray) struck me out with earlier, a slider. He threw it and I was looking for it, and I took advantage of it.Ramos matched his career high set in 2013. Jayson Werth added a solo homer in the seventh off reliever Randall Delgado, one of his three hits.Ramos has played in 91 games this season and looks like hell get to 100 for just the third time in his seven-year career.Look, it makes me feel good that Ive been able to stay healthy, Ramos said in Spanish. Thats been the biggest difference than in previous years. I dont think about the numbers, I just try to help the team.Tanner Roark (11-6) struck out six and allowed three runs on seven hits over 6 1/3 innings.Yasmany Tomas homered for the Diamondbacks, his 18th. Jake Lamb hit his 22nd, a solo shot in the sixth.Ray struck out nine over six innings but allowed five earned runs and eight hits. He walked two.The strikeouts are great but they do produce a lot of pitches, Diamondbacks manager Chip Hale said. When (Ray) gets a couple of guys on he cannot make that mistake. Three-run home runs are tough to come back against.The Diamondbacks have been outscored 38-8 in their last three games and lost 16 of 21 overall.Its been a lot of fun to watch, Roark said of his teams offense. Thats whats great about this team, is were not too selfish.The Nationals scored first after Trea Turner led off the game with a single and reached third on an error. Daniel Murphys groundout drove in Turner for a 1-0 lead.Arizona responded by loading the bases with none out in the bottom of the first but managed only a single run. Jean Segura scored on Lambs double-play grounder. Segura has scored a first-inning run in six of his last seven games.Tomas homer landed in the left-field seats to give the Diamondbacks a 2-1 lead in the second. The Nationals drew even at 2 with Wilmer Difos two-out single in the fourth to drive in Anthony Rendon.Ramos gave Washington a 5-2 lead, Heisey made it 6-2 and, after Lambs long drive that bounced into the pool in right field, Werth cleared the wall on a line for a 7-3 Nationals lead.Washington scored three more in the eighth, when Werth, Murphy and Rendon each drove in a run with a single.Ramos has been a godsend, Nationals manager Dusty Baker said. I cant imagine not having him, because hes figured it out.WEATHER ODDITYThe temperature inside Chase Field, with the roof closed in the summer as usual, was 79 degrees at first pitch. Outside, it was 74 degrees. A monsoon-like storm with lightning swept through greater Phoenix just before the game and lowered the air temperature some 30 degrees below the normal average in August, though humidity was high.TRAINERS ROOMNationals: OF Bryce Harper was a late scratch from the starting lineup due to illness. Baker said he hopes Harper can play Wednesday after receiving IVs Tuesday. ... 1B Ryan Zimmerman remained out with a wrist injury. ... Ramos took a ninth-inning foul ball off the chain around his neck, but remained in the game. It broke the chain, thats why I was on the ground for so long, Ramos said. I was trying to pull it off me. It cut me a little bit. It was stinging.Diamondbacks: RHP Rubby De La Rosa threw to rehabbing teammates Chris Herrmann and A.J. Pollock. De La Rosa is coming back from right elbow inflammation.UP NEXTNationals: RHP Max Scherzer (11-6) is scheduled to face his former team on Wednesday afternoon. Scherzer is 2-0 in three career appearances against Arizona.Diamondbacks: RHP Zack Godley (3-1) makes his sixth start of the season. Godley allowed three earned runs in a no-decision at Los Angeles last Friday. Cheap Soccer Jerseys China . PAUL, Minn. Soccer Jerseys China . Vaives lawyer Trevor Whiffen claims the former 50-goal man wasnt provided with a copy of the claim beforehand and that he would not have agreed to the allegations made against the NHL had he been asked to review its contents. http://www.cheapjerseyssoccerauthentic.com/ . Bryant, who signed a five-year, $34 million contract as a free agent with Cleveland in March, reported symptoms on Monday morning, a team spokesman said. Indiana might have lost the best point guard in the Big 10 Conference to graduation in Yogi Ferrell, but if the seasons first two games are any indication, it has regained perhaps the conferences most explosive scorer.Back from a torn right ACL he suffered last December, 6-foot-4 junior guard James Blackmon Jr. has scored 26 and 23 points in wins over Kansas and UMass Lowell, respectively. Blackmon is canning 55.2 percent of his field goal tries, including an impressive 9-of-17 on 3-pointers.Whats more, Blackmon has enjoyed 20-point halves in both games. He victimized Kansas in the second half and extra period of a 103-99 overtime win at the Armed Forces Classic in Honolulu, then picked up where he left off in the first half of Wednesdays 100-78 pounding of UMass Lowell with another 20 points.So Blackmon, Jr. will be in the spotlight again Saturday night when the sixth-ranked Hoosiers continue the Indiana Classic at Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall in Bloomington, Ind., against Liberty.I think theres a confidence when they look at him, Hoosiers coach Tom Crean said of Blackmon. James is a lot more explosive than what he was. Hes playing with more force. Hes playing downhill more. Hes covering more ground.I think the fact that hes moving the ball, that hes getting better defensively, thats a really good thing. To come back from an injury like that and to be a better athlete than he even was and be stronger like he is, that takes a little time for him to get used to.Blackmons presence forces opponents to respect him from 25 feet and in, leading to more scoring opportunities for teammates like 6-10 center Thomas Bryant (14 points per game, 7.5 rebounds), 6-8 forward OG Anunoby (14 points, 5.5 rebounds) and 6-3 point guaard Robert Johnson (13 points, 3. Soccer Jerseys Wholesale. 5 assists).Indianas offense has been clicking on nearly all cylinders so far, canning 50 percent of its field goal attempts and nearly 45 percent on 3-pointers (26-of-58). Its ability to either get to the rim or create open 3s can test any defense.Liberty (1-1) will counter with a defense the Hoosiers have battled before -- the pack line scheme created by Dick Bennett and still run by the likes of Wisconsin and Virginia. Fourth-year coach Ritchie McKays squad held up-tempo VCU to 64 points in a five-point home loss Tuesday night.I thought everyone came in and battled, and you have to play well on the defensive end to have a chance, McKay said to the Lynchburg (Va.) News & Advance. And we had a chance.The Flames are expected to challenge Winthrop for the Big South Conference title with the return of four starters, plus the arrival of 6-7 freshman forward Brock Gardner. McKay, in his second stint as Liberty coach, said Gardner is the best player he has landed there since signing Seth Curry in 2008.Former Marquette guard John Dawson, a 6-2 senior, is the teams leading scorer at 14.5 points per game. Libertys tallest starter is 6-5, 255-pound forward Myo Baxter-Bell, which will put it at a serious disadvantage inside against the likes of Bryant and Anunoby.It is Indianas second game in the Indiana Classic and Libertys first. The Flames will host UMass Lowell, Mississippi Valley State and Central Penn in their other games in the event. The Hoosiers visit Fort Wayne and host Mississippi Valley State next week to finish their games in the event. ' ' '