U.S. Open and WGC-Bridgestone Invitational, where he tied for third and was overtaken by Dustin Johns | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
q123 Apr 21 '19
                                      IOWA CITY, Iowa -- Brady Ellingson hopes this early scoring outburst cements his role as Iowas sharpshooter off bench. Cheap Basketball Shoes Wholesale .Ellingson scored 21 of his career-high 23 points in the first half, Cordell Pemsl added 18 points and nine rebounds and Iowa breezed to a 116-84 win over Savannah State on Sunday.The Hawkeyes (2-0) made a school-record 18 3-pointers and led by at least 20 points the entire second half. Iowas 116 points are the most in Fran McCafferys six seasons as coach and tied for the seventh most in program history.Ellingson hit 4 of 6 3-pointers -- a much-needed confidence boost after a rough start to his college career. The sophomore guard battled a foot injury during a redshirt season two years ago and was in and out of the rotation last season because of inconsistent play.(My confidence) was really high, Ellingson said. I was really open, so I got to set my feet.Troyce Manassa had 14 points and 11 rebounds for Savannah State (0-2), which committed 20 turnovers.Tyler Cook scored 14 points and Peter Jok had 13 for the Hawkeyes. Nicholas Baer added nine points and a career-best six assists. Iowas bench scored 76 points -- led by Ellingson.The Hawkeyes were out-rebounded in the first half, but came back to edge the Tigers 52-40 on the boards.Iowa has won 39 of its last 40 non-conference home games.BIG PICTUREIowa: Pemsl wasnt the most prolific recruit in McCafferys freshman class, but hes clearly going to be a factor off the bench for Iowa. At 6-foot-8 and 250 pounds, Pemsl is strong, but he has a great handle around the rim. Pemsl made all seven of his field goal tries and converted four and-one opportunities.Hes just a really skilled big man, McCaffery said. He has an innate ability to make a decision in traffic.Savannah State: The Tigers have allowed 113 and 116 points in their first two games. They mixed up man and zone defenses against Iowa -- neither were very effective. Savannah State had the best scoring defense in the MEAC last season, but it lost four starters from that team.STAR WATCHJok never got into a shooting rhythm against the Tigers, finishing 5 of 15 from the floor. The senior made only one of his first six shot attempts.This was two days after Jok scored 27 points against Kennesaw State -- the most by a Hawkeye in a season opener since Adam Haulskas 29 against The Citadel in 2006. Joks 27 points was also the most by a Big Ten player among Fridays games.HE SAID ITWe would have preferred a little more of a mixture of penetration, but we have good 3-point shooters, McCaffery said. And we were open.The Hawkeyes attempted a school-record 43 3-pointers. Iowa made just 7 of 22 3s in Fridays opener.UP NEXTIowa faces its first real challenge of the season on Thursday against Seton Hall (2-0) as part of the Big Ten- Big East series.Savannah State plays Middle Georgia State in its home opener on Thursday before another tough test at Memphis next weekend. Discount Basketball Shoes Canada . Newcastle dominated in the early stages but City weathered the storm and then raised its game in extra time. Negredo broke the deadlock from close range after a simple move in the 99th minute before Dzeko took the ball round goalkeeper Tim Krul to seal the victory in the 105th. Basketball Shoes Canada Sale .1 million pounds ($61.2 million) on Saturday, giving the beleaguered English Premier League champions a major lift. http://www.cheapbasketballshoescanada.com/ . After a lengthy wait, persistent rain finally forced the postponement of the Nationals game against the Miami Marlins on Saturday night. The teams, and a few thousand fans, waited nearly four hours from the 7:05 scheduled start time before an announcement was made shortly before 11 p. SPRINGFIELD, N.J. -- Jason Days wife, Ellie, suffered an allergic reaction Tuesday night following the PGA Championships Champions Dinner, prompting a 911 call, a brief hospital stay and halted preparations for the final major of the year.Jason Day, 28, was getting his first look at Baltusrol Golf Club on Wednesday because his own illness had disrupted his practice schedule.Shes fine, everything was great, I had to call the paramedics over, Day said during a news conference. She was kind of freaking out in the back of the bus, which is understandable, because she got all red. We were there until 2 oclock in the morning, something like that. So Im kind of running on E right now. Shes fine now. We got a little bit of loss of sleep, but were fine.Day, who won the PGA Championship a year ago at Whistling Straits, has been plagued by numerous health issues throughout this year. He had back spasms at the Dell Match Play Championship, yet went on to win the tournament just two weeks before the Masters -- where he had the flu. He had a cold at the U.S. Open at Oakmont, a rib injury scare two weeks ago at The Open and now another cold here, which kept him from playing a practicee round Tuesday. Basketball Shoes For Sale Canada. Day was at Baltusrol for media day last month but did not play the course. He said he has consulted extensively with the clubs head pro, Doug Steffen, for advice about the course.I havent played a practice round; I havent seen the course. I dont know what it looks like, said Day, who all along had planned to take Monday off after competing last week at the Canadian Open. Im going to try and touch them all today, but obviously the preps been a little on the lighter side. So I need to come in and try to get a good, solid 18 holes in today so I kind of know where Im going.Day has three victories this year, including a win at the Players Championship in May. Since then he has top-10 finishes at the U.S. Open and WGC-Bridgestone Invitational, where he tied for third and was overtaken by Dustin Johnson on the final day. He tied for 22nd at The Open was tied for 14th last week in Canada.He is scheduled to begin the tournament at 8:30 a.m. Thursday and is playing the first two rounds with Phil Mickelson and Rory McIlroy. ' ' '