e, there will be concern about how | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
corse178 Mär 13 '18
The New York Knicks and the Charlotte Hornets will meet Friday in the first game of a back-to-back, home-and-home set. Cheap Los Angeles Dodgers Jerseys .The Knicks (7-7) host the Hornets (8-6) at Madison Square Garden before the two teams hook up again in Charlotte on Saturday.The teams are going in opposite directions. New York has won four of its last five games. The Hornets have dropped three in a row after Wednesdays 119-114 loss to the San Antonio Spurs.Kemba Walker led the Hornets with 26 points, nine rebounds and seven assists. Eight Hornets scored in double figures. Nicolas Batum and Frank Kaminsky scored 13 each, Marco Belinelli scored 12, Spencer Hawes scored 11, and Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Marvin Williams and Roy Hibbert scored 10 each.Walker played in his 378th game for Charlotte, passing Larry Johnson for eighth in franchise history. Walker is on track to play in 400 games with the franchise this season and would be only the fourth player to play in 400 games for Charlotte.The Hornets committed a season-high 16 turnovers against the Spurs, including two crucial turnovers in the final minute on inbounds plays. They came into the game leading the NBA in fewest turnovers.They made the plays and we didnt at the end, Batum said. They made big shots. They are the Spurs. They have been there before. They know how to handle those situations. We tried to stay in the game, back and forth, it was a big battle. We played better than we have been playing, for sure.Kristaps Porzingis is having an All-Star type season with the Knicks. The 7-3 Latvian is averaging 21 points on 50.2 percent shooting, 39 percent from beyond the arc and 7.3 rebounds.I didnt add 1,000 moves, Porzingis told the New York Post. Its just that Im more calm when Im in the post when I get the ball and I turn around and nobody can really get to my shot.Im realizing how long I am and how long I am and how difficult it is to block my shot.Knicks coach Jeff Hornacek has been favoring a small lineup recently that puts Porzingis at center, Carmelo Anthony at power forward and three guards -- Derrick Rose, Courtney Lee and either Brandon Jennings or Justin Holiday.The Knicks have found a solution to their recent shortcomings at point guard. Rose has been effective accelerating to the net and working the pick-and-roll and Jennings has provided a spark off the bench. He contributed 11 assists for the second time this season in New Yorks 107-103 win over Portland on Tuesday.Brandon (Jennings) doesnt have to score to have an impact on the game, noted Hornacek. His activity, he gets the energy going for the group he is out there with.I cant say enough about a guy who comes off the bench to get 11 assists. Hyun-Jin Ryu Jersey .35 million, one-year contract that avoided salary arbitration. Plouffe batted .254 with 14 home runs and 52 RBIs in 477 at-bats last season, his second as a regular in the lineup. Kenley Jansen Jersey . Takahashi, who had a 10-point lead after the short program, received 268.31 points after the free skate to finish 15 points ahead of second-place Nobunari Oda. http://www.cheapdodgersjerseys.com/?tag=cheap-sandy-koufax-jersey . Its sharpness matched my mind. This was no night to go to sleep. In 1998, the prime of my career, I was sidelined for roughly three months dealing with what was diagnosed as post-concussion syndrome. Its a part of my life I do not enjoy talking about because there wasnt much joy in the months before, or after, stepping out of the car.Because of my experiences, Im often asked to reflect on it when a similar injury arises in our sport.Such was the case most of Friday after the announcement that?Dale Earnhardt Jr.?would miss this weekends race at New Hampshire Speedway because of concussion-like symptoms.Im very sensitive to reacting to a driver in this position because I understand the toll this circumstance puts on someone. Its very difficult for a driver to acknowledge publicly that he is compromised, not feeling 100 percent.And its equally uncomfortable to surrender control of your future, not to mention surrendering your race car to another competitor.Knowing this, I will not venture down the path of what Dale should, or shouldnt, do -- or why, when or where he should or should not return to competition.Every scenario is different and I can only speak to mine, but every driver must be front and center on how they manage this type of injury.What I will share are a few things I learned from my experience that might help Dale in his recovery.(1) You must be your own advocate.Regardless of who you employ to help or guide you through this experience, the urge and temptation to compete will dominate you as your health improves.Its when you feel ready to return that you must pause, self-evaluate and weigh the risks against the potential reward.Be honest with those you are closest to, those among the team that are treating you, but most importantly: Do not cheat yourself.It took me a long time to recover from the residual effects of my three concurrent concussions in 1997. There were good days and bad days, but eventually the duration of good days became commonplace again. But it took a long, long time.My urgency to return ASAP in 1997 compounded my symptoms well past that season and into the next.The insecurity of watching someone compete in my car, with my team, consumed me to the point of making poor decisions. I survived that equation professionally because I was in my early 30s. I most definitely wouldnt have a decade later.Drivers are on a slippery slope when their age starts beginning with a 4. Dale Earnhardt Jr. is 41. At that point, drivers must choose their battles wisely, so to speak, because a poor decision could accelerate those final innings.(2) Time is your greatest cure.I participated in a plethora of tests and evaluations to the point of feeling vulnerable about ever reaching the perceived target of 100 percent.Head injuries are frustrating. You have no cast, youre administered no antibiotic. You are essentially asking your body to reppair itself. Julio Urias Jersey. But you wonder, is my body capable?The scary thing for me, one that I seldom share, is this: I was preoccupied with having lost a percentage of my skills from this injury-riddled period. I feared I would never be 100 percent again, and that fear created an avalanche of emotion, most of which I chose not to expose -- at least not intentionally.My doctor at the University of North Carolina explained to me that I shouldnt be dominated by the test results -- the percentages of left ear function to the right and the like -- because there was no baseline from where I started. None existed.So your 100 percent could be different from your teammates.From that, I understood I must be clear in what I believe qualified as, feeling better. I had to chart the course and discover eventually where the finish line was in the process. Most important: You are the only one who knows. You literally own this.While the doctor can look in your eyes, read your scans, evaluate the tests, you are the only person qualified to make the decision, Im ready to return.Fortunately NASCAR does have a comprehensive baseline test for drivers today, but its only one measure and should never qualify as the exclusive pass or fail criterion.(3) Your history with concussions matters most.This might be the most important part of the discussion.Your age and your history of concussions should matter most in determining your path forward.I learned through this process that the injuries to the brain are difficult to diagnose and heal.Head injuries can be complex! What seemed more certain were the enhanced risks associated with multiple concussions, particularly when they occur in a narrow time frame.The compounding effects of repeated concussions can, and more than likely did in my case, thwart the ability to recover quickly.What cannot get lost in all this is the trust you must have in your body.If you are having concussion-like symptoms and they are consistent with the experiences of an earlier diagnosis, you must comply with your body and ask for time to rest, time to recover, time to repair.I reached out to Dale immediately upon learning his decision. I applauded him. I admire his courage and always have.The hand he has been dealt this week requires more than courage; it requires enormous patience.It will require deep consideration not only of what professional goals remain ahead but perhaps more importantly his personal goals. He also must consider the views of those he is closest to.At Dale Earnhardt Jr.s age, there will be concern about how many years might he have left behind the wheel. In reality, the focus must be on how many quality years he will have left in life. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '