from Garden Grove, California, fell to 20-3 with 9 KOs | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
wzh123 Apr 26 '19
MIAMI --?Udonis Haslem was leading some banter with Heat?teammates after practice Monday, the jokes and laughter helping everyone wind down after practice. Cheap NBA Jerseys China .Thats how he defines locker room talk.Donald Trumps characterization of his caught-on-tape crude and predatory comments about women as locker room talk has raised the ire of plenty of athletes, the overwhelming majority saying that what goes on even in private doesnt match up to what the Republican presidential nominee said on the now-infamous leaked tape.I dont know what locker room hes been in, Haslem said. No, I didnt appreciate it, to be completely honest. Thats not our locker room talk. I dont know Trump very well at all, but I dont know who hes played for the last couple years to even say hes been in anybodys locker room and had those kind of conversations.On the tape, recorded in 2005, Trump bragged about kissing, groping and trying to have sex with women other than his wife. When youre a star, they let you do it, he bragged. You can do anything.Athletes fired back en masse at Trump to send the message that they dont talk like he does.?Los Angeles Dodgers pitcher Brett Anderson,?Kansas City Chiefs wide receiver Chris Conley,?Los Angeles Clippers guard Jamal Crawford,?and retired NFL players Donte Stallworth and Chris Kluwe were among the first to speak out, and many have since followed.It didnt sound like any talk in any locker room that Ive ever been in, so maybe it was just a phrase, Cleveland Browns wide receiver Andrew Hawkins said. But it was wrong.Saying such talk is never heard, however, might be a stretch. Some described hearing crude, profane or degrading comments routinely.Most definitely, said?Tennessee Titans tight end Delanie Walker, when asked whether he has heard off-color chatter. Yeah, I have.Ron Darling, the former major league pitcher who is now a television analyst, said such language isnt hard to find -- and its found in the locker room, the boardroom and country clubs.The hard part, for Darling, was trying to avoid it -- which he said he would do by walking away.Every repugnant thing that you can think of has probably been said in a clubhouse at some point, Darling said at Fenway Park on Monday night before the?Cleveland Indians-Boston Red Sox?playoff game.The thing about it is that its the lowest common denominator thing. So its the person with the foulest and worst mind and mouth is the person that becomes the loudmouth in the clubhouse, he said.A lot of times, clubhouses get associated with that person. Its a shame. Its why I chose personally -- if my mom heard me say things like that, she would beat the s--- out of me.But the majority of athletes and coaches who have spoken out since the tape was published by The Washington Post and NBC News on Friday insist that what typically goes on stops well short of the level that Trump went to in his descriptions of grabbing women on that tape.Clippers coach Doc Rivers said such talk is not typical of any locker room he has been a part of.Theyre bad comments. Theyre demeaning to women, Rivers said. You know, I think when people throw out that word, locker room talk, theres nobody talking like that in the locker room. Is there swearing in the locker room? Yeah. Every other word. But theres nobody demeaning -- theres players in our locker room with sisters, wives and daughters. Theres not that type of talk in anyones locker room.Said Ole Miss football coach Hugh Freeze: Were working hard on our young men understanding that women are priceless and should be treated as such.Former NBA player Shane Battier said the locker room issue shouldnt be limited to the conversations athletes have among themselves.Be it right or misguided, the locker room -- in however you define it -- is probably one of the last places where most people feel safe expressing themselves without the fear of judgment or backlash, Battier said.To even suggest that locker rooms are barren of such talk and innuendo would be futile.The handling of sexual assault cases at the college level has been under fire for some time.?Baylor?fired football coach Art Briles after an investigation showed the program mishandled and covered up allegations.?Tennessee?struck a $2.48 million settlement after a lawsuit alleged the Volunteers didnt properly address some sexual assault claims involving athletes. Earlier this year,?Florida State?agreed to pay $950,000 to a woman who said she was raped by former Seminoles star?Jameis Winston.And three years ago, the?Miami Dolphins?season unraveled amid claims of players bullying their own teammates in the locker room.If that is the actual talk thats happening in locker rooms, its time to look at the leaders and examine their culture as to why those conversations happen, Miami womens basketball coach Katie Meier said.At the WNBA Finals, Minnesota Lynx coach Cheryl Reeve said the mere notion of locker room talk further shows that women arent treated equally.He was trying to say, Its what men do. And that to me is the inherent problem, Reeve said. It is what men do. Lets not have all these men stand up and say, Well, we dont do that! ... Donald Trumps candidacy has shined the light on so many problems that exist that I always talk about. He is the epitome of all these things. Hes not alone. It is behavior thats been accepted for years.Dolphins linebacker?Jelani Jenkins?said the culture within locker rooms has changed for the better in recent years -- and it might be because there has been more of a crackdown when issues arise.For sure, Jenkins said. People have gotten in trouble for certain things, like bullying, homophobia, different things like that that are very sensitive subjects. So guys are really careful what they say.Detroit Lions wide receiver Golden Tate said there are no excuses for what Trump said.Theres no excuse to talk that way about women, to women, to other people, Tate said.He also disagreed with Trumps characterization of locker room talk.Ive heard some things over the years. Ive heard some distasteful things over the years, but Ive also heard some incredible things and some incredible outputs on life and character and religion and faith, he said. I think locker room talk can be a wide range of things. I think people just kind of jump to the negative. I think if you sit down with everyone in this locker room and kind of pick their brain on something they have some knowledge on, they can give you some very, very good perspective. So locker room talk can be a wide range of things.ESPNs Michael Rothstein and The Associated Press contributed to this report. Cheap NBA Jerseys Free Shipping .Y. - Nelson Mandela will be honoured by the New York Yankees with a plaque in Monument Park. Cheap Stitched NBA Jerseys . 31, the CFL club announced Monday. The team also has yet to decide on the future of Doug Berry, who began the season as a consultant to the head coach but took over the offensive co-ordinators duties in July. http://www.cheapnbajerseysnike.com/ . It was the kind of score that might make everyone else wonder which course he was playing. Except that Graeme McDowell saw the whole thing. Crouched behind the 10th green at Sheshan International, McDowell looked over at the powerful American and said, "Ive probably seen 18 of the best drives Ive seen all year in the last two days. TRENTON, N.J. -- If all undefeated junior lightweight Mario Barrios wanted to accomplish Saturday was another win, he was successful, scoring a unanimous 12-round decision over Devis Boschiero. If Barrios wanted to impress in his first main event on national television, however, he failed.The fans at the Sun National Bank Center began booing in the first round of the fight and didnt let up until the 12th, when a fight finally broke out. Until then, both boxers were cautious and seldom engaged.At 6-foot-1, Barrios towered over Boschiero, who is 5-5. Barrios was content to stay at long range, poking out jabs, most of which fell short of the mark, and popping home an occasional power punch.Boschiero, 34, a former European junior lightweight titleholder from Correzzola, Italy, trudged forward with his gloves held in front of his face but seldom threw a meaningful punch, seemingly content to stay out of trouble.Barrios, who was fighting his first 12-rounder, finally let his hands go in the last round and dropped Boschiero with an uppercut. Boschiero easily beat referee David Fields count and rushed in, connecting with a couple of good punches just before the final bell.All three judges scored the bout 120-107 in favor of Barrios, who upped his record to 16-0 with 8 KOs.It was pretty frustrating, said Barrios, a 21-year-old from San Antonio, Texas. I can press the fight all I wwant, but if he doesnt want to fight its not going to happen. Nike NBA Jerseys From China. .?Boschiero, who fell to 39-5-2 with 21 KOs, acknowledged he had trouble finding his range against Barrios.He was tougher to hit than I expected, Boschiero said.The 10-round co-feature between junior welterweights Eddie El Scorpion Ramirez and Jessie The Incredible Roman was much more entertaining than the main event.Ramirez and Roman fought hard every round, exchanging punches at a brisk pace.Ramirezs attack featured sharp left jabs, hard hooks to the body and whistling uppercuts.Roman, who took the bout on 10 days notice, fired back with thumping rights and lefts but was outpunched in almost every round. Down the stretch, he absorbed a lot of punishment but displayed admirable courage and made it to the final bell.It was a one-sided but compelling fight, with the decision going to Ramirez by scores of 98-92, 99-91 and 99-91.Ramirez, from Aurora, Illinois, improved to 14-0 with 9 KOs. Roman, from Garden Grove, California, fell to 20-3 with 9 KOs.In a preliminary bout, Philadelphia junior welterweight Tyrone Crawley won a six-round decision over Alexander Charneco, from Aguada, Puerto Rico. Crawley is the son of former 1980s lightweight contender Tyrone Butterfly Crawley. ' ' '