appearances since Straily lost four consecutive decisions. | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
corse178 Mär 13 '18
The British influence keeps growing in Major League Soccer. Wholesale Authentic Jerseys . The new season kicks off on March 6 and you can follow all the action with Sky Sports.Here are five familiar names to look out for... Steven Gerrard LA Galaxy midfielder Steven Gerrard celebrates Steven Gerrard did not have the best introduction to MLS in 2015, a point he has alluded to in interviews, admitting he struggled to adapt to the long travel and varying altitudes.  But with a full pre-season under his belt, Gerrard is expected to improve on his two goals and three assists from the second half of last season.The former Liverpool captain may also be encouraged by having a midfield destroyer in the shape of former Manchester City and AC Milan man Nigel de Jong next to him, allowing Gerrard greater creative freedom.Ashley Cole Ashley Cole joined LA Galaxy during the off-season Ashley Cole already has some critics Stateside, following his comments two years ago prior to his move to Roma that he rejected offers from the MLS because he wasnt ready to relax on a beach yet.However, now that he has made the move to California - famous for its great beaches - the former England international seems determined to impress.Cole has taken a wage cut to $300,000 a year (or £3,996 a week) to prove his doubters wrong - and improve on his frustrating spell in Serie A, which saw him make just 11 appearances for Roma.Frank Lampard Frank Lampard will be hoping for a successful 2016 with New York City Chelsea legend Frank Lampard scored three goals and recorded one assist in 10 appearances after his long-awaited mid-season move to New York City FC.The former England international had frustrated NYCFC fans by extending his stay at Manchester City until the end of the Premier League season and his MLS impact was delayed by a series of injuries, before he eventually scored his first goal in a 2-0 win against Toronto on September 16.But this year, under the guidance of new head coach Patrick Vieira, Lampard will hope to combine successfully with David Villa and Andrea Pirlo and fire New York City into a play-off place after they finished below the red line in 2015 in a disappointing first season for the club.Bradley Wright-Phillips Bradley Wright-Phillips has been a prolific goalscorer for New York Red Bulls Bradley Wright-Phillips has been a consistent goalscorer for New York Red Bulls for the last two seasons and has been the focal point of their attack.The former Manchester City, Southampton and Charlton striker scored 17 goals last season on the back of his 27-goal haul in 2014. If he scores 14 goals this season, he will become the Red Bulls all-time leading goalscorer.The 30-year-old also registered seven assists last year as he showed himself to be a more imposing presence up front.The Red Bulls endured a disappointing finish to last season, losing in the MLS Cup Eastern Conference final, and Wright-Phillips will be determined to repeat his scoring feats of the past two seasons to fire the team back into the play-offs.Dom Dwyer Dom Dwyer (R) has been at Sporting Kansas City for four years One of the lesser known British players in MLS, Dwyer is actually one of the most productive. The Sussex-born 25-year-old has been making waves in American soccer since being drafted into the top tier from college in 2012.The former Norwich City academy player has 36 goals in 80 appearances for Sporting Kansas City, where he has been the teams main striker for the last two seasons.In 2014, Dwyer scored 22 goals which made him the second highest scorer in the league. Last season, he got 10 less but was still a constant threat to opposition defences.In his fifth year of professional football, and likely to operate as the lone striker, Dwyer may return to the higher reaches of the scoring charts yet again. Also See: MLS news MLS features MLS on Sky MLS video MLS fixtures MLS results NFL Jerseys Free Shipping . Vokoun departed practice on Saturday morning after discovering swelling in his thigh. He was taken to a local hospital where the clot was revealed. The club announced the surgery following a 5-3 exhibition loss to the Columbus Blue Jackets. Wholesale Jerseys From China .J. -- Marty Brodeur beat the Pittsburgh Penguins yet again. http://www.wholesalecheapnfljerseys.com/ . NBA officials ruled the court unplayable in the Bucks final exhibition game on Oct. 25 because players were slipping, and the game was cancelled midway through the first period. PITTSBURGH -- From the get-go, Billy Hamilton could not be contained Sunday.Hamilton swiped four bases, got three hits and scored three times, leading the Cincinnati Reds over the Pittsburgh Pirates 7-3.My job is to get on base and get into scoring position for these guys behind me to drive me in, Hamilton said. Thats my job. I felt like I did my job.Hamilton set the tone right away. He drew a leadoff walk from Gerrit Cole, then stole two bags. He finished the day with 43 steals this season, which led the majors until Milwaukees Jonathan Villar stole two bags later Sunday to match Hamilton.Hamilton helped the Reds avoid a series sweep with his bat and legs. The center fielder also made a leaping, backhanded catch that drew applause from the Pittsburgh fans at PNC Park.Pirates manager Clint Hurdle blamed himself for Hamiltons impact.We werent where we wanted to be with it. Thats my responsibility, Hurdle said. Its my responsibility to take care of that and everybody has different jobs to do. When we get those kinds of bases stolen, thats on the manager.Later, Eric Fryer hit a ball to deep center that turned around Hamilton twice before he recovered to make the catch.Through all the challenges that hes had offensively, the defense has kept him in the big leagues, to be honest, more so than the stolen bases, Reds manager Bryan Price said.Following Hamiltons leaping grab, winning pitcher Dan Straily emphatically pounded his glove while pointing back to his center fielder.I have never seen anything like him, Straily said. That ball, it started off over one of his shoulders, kind of knuckled back. It was pretty impressive frrom where I was standing, very much appreciated. Cheap NFL Jerseys China. I hung a slider. He hit the ball well. I was very fortunate.Straily (7-6) gave up two earned runs and three hits in six innings, walking none and striking out four. The Reds have won in each of his past four appearances since Straily lost four consecutive decisions.Straily got through the first four innings with 41 pitches, 32 for strikes.Straily didnt allow a hit until Matt Joyce hit a 442-foot homer in the fifth. Josh Harrison later homered off Straily.Gerrit Cole (7-7) fell to 0-6 lifetime against the Reds. He left in the sixth, giving up four runs on three hits and three walks.Cole allowed more than three earned runs for the third time in 17 starts this season.Youre not going to be able to stop Hamilton every time, but a walk to start off the game is pretty much a triple within four or five pitches, Cole said. Thats not going to get the job done.Hamiltons early steals set up an RBI grounder by and a run-scoring single by Brandon Phillips.Hamilton doubled in the third, again stole third and scored on a sacrifice fly by Joey Votto.TRAINERS ROOMPirates: 3B David Freese did not play Sunday, a day after leaving the game because of discomfort in his left elbow.UP NEXTReds: Rookie LHP Cody Reed (0-6, 7.30) will try to earn his first major league victory when he starts Monday at St. Louis.Pirates: RHP Chad Kuhl (1-0, 4.19) will make his first start for Pittsburgh since July 17 on Tuesday, when he faces the San Diego Padres at PNC Park. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '