h note with the big kickoff return, coach | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Apr 27 '19
BALTIMORE -- Coming off two straight shutout losses and precariously close to dropping out of serious playoff contention, the New York Yankees desperately needed a victory. Cheap Adidas Yeezy Shoes UK .Using a starting lineup containing five rookies, manager Joe Girardi received precisely the performance he wanted.Chase Headley and Austin Romine had two RBI apiece, and New York beat the Baltimore Orioles 5-2 Sunday to prevent a three-game sweep and remain afloat in the AL wild-card race.New York had won four straight series before losing 8-0 on Friday night and 2-0 on Saturday.You cant afford to lose three in a row to these guys, Girardi said. We know they play really well in this building. We lost a tough one (Saturday) night. To be able to bounce back is important. It keeps us alive.Indeed, the young, retooled Yankees remain a part of the playoff picture, trailing Baltimore and Detroit by 3 1/2 games for the final wild-card spot.This was a big win. We needed it, Romine said. We just need to keep the rhythm moving into the next game and see if we can get on a roll.Luis Severino (2-8) pitched two strong innings of relief and Dellin Betances, the fifth New York reliever, got four outs for his eighth save.The loss dropped Baltimore three games out of first place in the AL East.I mean, Im trying to keep a positive mind frame, first baseman Chris Davis said. Two out of three at this point of the year. We won the series and well move forward.The Orioles stranded nine and went 0 for 10 with runners in scoring position.Asked if his team might have been flat after already clinching the series, manager Buck Showalter said, Were trying to win games. You beat them twice and youre trying to beat them a third time. We just didnt have much offensively.After falling behind 4-0 in the fourth inning, the Orioles closed to 4-2 before wasting an opportunity to complete the comeback in the fifth.Adam Jones led off with a single and scored on a double by Pedro Alvarez. Severino replaced starter Michael Pineda and struck out Manny Machado before issuing two straight walks to load the bases. Steve Pearce struck out and Matt Wieters chopped a grounder to second base to end the threat.Baltimore got only one more hit the rest of the way.New York had been shut out three consecutive times by the Orioles over a seven-day span. Weve got to find a way to score some runs, Girardi said after Saturday nights loss.The Yankees promptly put an end to the streak with a three-run first inning. Wade Miley (8-12) walked the first two batters and struck out the next two before Headley hit an RBI single. A wild pitch and a two-run single by Romine followed.Headley singled home a run in the fourth, and Pearce hit a run-scoring grounder in the bottom half.Brett Gardner made it 5-2 with a sacrifice fly in the ninth.TRAINERS ROOMYankees: SS Didi Gregorius was held out of the starting lineup after absorbing some bumps and bruises during the series. His arm is sore where hes been hit the past few days, Girardi said.. . 1B Mark Teixeira doesnt usually play in day games after playing the previous night, and thus was given Sunday off. Commenting on the ice pack Teixeira had on his neck before the game, Girardi said, He deals with his neck, he deals with his knee. Its not what you want, but its the reality.Orioles: RHP Chris Tillman (shoulder) threw off a mound and remains on course to come off the disabled list on Sept. 11.UP NEXTYankees: RHP Masahiro Tanaka (11-4, 3.12 ERA) opens a three-game series against visiting Toronto on Monday. New York is 3-9 against the Blue Jays this season, losing all four series.Orioles: RHP Ubaldo Jimenez (5-11, 6.46) starts Monday in the opener of a three-game series at Tampa Bay. Baltimore is 29-37 on the road, 3-3 at Tampa Bay. Cheap Yeezy 350 UK Outlet .Y. - General manager Billy King says the Brooklyn Nets are looking to add a big man and confirmed the team worked out centre Jason Collins, who would become the first openly gay active NBA player if signed. Yeezy 350 UK Sale . Radwanska, making her debut in the Seoul tournament, hit eight aces in a match that lasted 1 hour, 4 minutes at Olympic Park tennis stadium. "It was definitely a very good match -- I was playing really good tennis," Radwanska said. http://www.discountyeezy350uk.com/ .C. -- Charlotte Bobcats coach Steve Clifford said after all of these years in the NBA hes still amazed at some of the things LeBron James does. OAKLAND, Calif. -- On a night when the starters for both teams spent most of the night on the sideline, Seattle running back Thomas Rawls made a big statement by getting on the field for only a few plays.Rawls carried twice for 8 yards in his first game in more than eight months since breaking his ankle and the Seahawks finished the preseason by beating the Oakland Raiders 23-21 on Thursday night.The fact that he got in there for a few plays, he got knocked a couple times, its fantastic, coach Pete Carroll said. Its an incredible comeback. Hes worked so hard to get this done and Im just so happy for him.Ryan Robinson returned an interception 42 yards for a touchdown and Troymaine Pope and Alex Collins ran for scores in the fourth quarter to lead the Seahawks to the win.But Rawls performance was the most noteworthy as he proved he is ready to play in the season opener on Sept. 11 and seize the starting job vacated when Marshawn Lynch retired.I think it was important a little bit. Maybe a confidence boost, Rawls said. Even if I didnt play I think I still would have been fine but Im glad I got a chance to get out here with my teammates and contribute.With most of Seattles starters only playing one series and the bulk of Oaklands first-stringers sitting out the entire game, there was little star power on the field.The first touchdown came early in the fourth quarter on the third turnover in a five-play span. After George Atkinson III and Trevone Boykin traded fumbles, Oakland rookie quarterback Connor Cook was pressured on a rollout. Robinson stepped in front of the pass and returned it for the score that made it 9-8.Thats completely on me, Cook said. I have to see that and ditch it. It has to be thrown at his feet or thrown out of bounds, dont try and be a hero.Oakland defensive lineman Denico Autry had a sack, five tackles for loss and a pass defensed. Autry also teamed with James Cowser to get pressure on Boykin in the end zone leading to an intentional grounding penalty that resulted in a safety and the only points in the first half.ANTHHEM PROTESTSeahawks cornerback Jeremy Lane joined Colin Kaepernicks national anthem protest. Cheap Yeezy 350 UK Free Shipping. Lane sat on the Seattle bench while the rest of his teammates stood during the anthem before the game. Lane said he did not tell any of his teammates of his plans before the game and that he will continue to do it until he feels justice has been served.I dont mean no disrespect toward anybody, but Im just standing behind what I believe, Lane said.ROOKIE WATCHSeahawks: Boykin was 7 for 15 for 72 yards passing as he showed a good ability to escape pressure and extend plays. He also ran for 24 yards on four carries.Raiders: Cook got his most extensive time of the preseason, coming in at the start of the second quarter in place of Matt McGloin. Cook went 15 for 30 for 145 yards and one interception.INJURY UPDATESeahawks: Rookie CB DeAndre Elliott was taken to the locker room on a cart in the second half with an undisclosed injury.Raiders: OL Austin Howard limped off the field in the second quarter after rolling his ankle and didnt return. Del Rio said he doesnt believe the injury is serious.POSITION BATTLESSeahawks: Garry Gilliam and JMarcus Webb rotated at right tackle as Seattle waits to determine who will start when the season begins.Raiders: Rookies DeAndre Washington and Jalen Richard once again got extensive time as they compete to be Latavius Murrays backup. Washington ran for 14 yards on 11 carries and caught four passes for 39 yards. Richard had three carries for 10 yards and one catch for 7 yards.QUOTABLESeahawks: I just like what hes doing and Im standing behind him, Lane said of his relationship with Kaepernick.Raiders: A little up and down. He certainly finished on a high note with the big kickoff return, coach Jack Del Rio on Atkinsons performance after a lost fumble, dropped TD pass, touchdown run and kickoff return for a score.---Online:AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL ' ' '