with a NOW TV Box or on a range of dwith a NOW TV Box or on a range of d | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
q123 Apr 27 '19
RIO DE JANEIRO -- The United States could make another bold statement in womens field hockey at the Olympics on Monday. Adidas Superstar Ireland .A win over No. 3 Australia would give the Americans victories over two of the worlds top three teams in its first two Olympic matches. The Americans defeated No. 2 Argentina 2-1 in their opener on Saturday.Another win would not only add confidence, it would move the squad closer to qualifying for the quarterfinals. The top four teams in each six-team pool advance.Another great opponent, U.S. goalkeeper Jackie Briggs said. Weve played them a couple times in the last month. Theyre a great team, but we know if we play our game and stick to our gameplan, we can beat anybody.The Americans also could deal a blow to Australia. The Hockeyroos dropped their opener to Britain 2-1 on Saturday.Obviously disappointed to start with a loss, Australia defender Georgina Morgan said. But I think the standard we set was pretty good, and we obviously want to improve each game, so I think thats probably a good place to start.The Hockeyroos feel they werent far from their usual level of play. Australia outshot Britain 13-7.We play a very fast, attacking, counter-type of hockey, and I think youll see that that comes out throughout the tournament, Morgan said. I think you saw a lot of it (against Britain). When weve really got the run of play, I think its quite hard to defend.The United States defeated Australia in the Champions Tourney in June to capture third place and set the tone for the Olympics.The Americans bounced back from a sluggish start to defeat Argentina. The United States limited Carla Rebecchi, one of the worlds best scorers, to two shots and no goals. United States coach Craig Parnham felt the win over the Argentines was no fluke -- he simply felt the Americans outplayed a capable team.Its crazy because I think Argentina is a very good team, he said. They played very well tonight. I thought our platform was set by our defense, and, that gave us some opportunity to score.Even after Saturdays victory, the Americans remained focused on growth and letting the results take care of themselves.We dont shy away from our mistakes and things we can learn, Briggs said. We dont shy away from it. We take it head on. We try to improve and learn and grow from how we played before.---Follow Cliff Brunt on Twitter (at)CliffBruntAP Clearance Superstar Ireland . -- An ugly goal by Nick Bonino helped the Anaheim Ducks overcome the defensive-minded Phoenix Coyotes on a night when their ragged power play continued to struggle. Discount Superstar Ireland Online . -- Devin Hester is done returning kicks in Chicago. http://www.wholesalesuperstarireland.com/ . PETERSBURG, Fla.Roger Federer has withdrawn from the Miami Open after suffering from a stomach virus. The current world No 3 was due to face Juan Martin Del Potro in a second round match but has been forced to pull out of the tournament after reportedly suffering gastroenteritis.Fridays match would have been Federers first since his semi-final loss to world No 1 Novak Djokovic at the Australian Open in January. The 34-year-old Swiss was forced to undergo corrective surgery after injuring his knee the day after his loss to the Serb in Melbourne. I am very sorry that I have to pull out of the Miami Open with a stomach virus, Federer said in a statement on Friday.  Federer was due to play Argentinas Juan Martin Del Potro I feel bad for the tournament and the fans as I have rarely ever had to withdraw at such short notice. Wholesale Shoes Ireland. .I have not felt great for a few days, and unfortunately it got worse in the last 24 hours. I was really excited to have my comeback in Miami but I am in no condition to play.I tried to warm up this morning, but it was clear that I could not compete.The 17-time Grand Slam champion will now be replaced by Argentinian lucky loser Horacio Zeballos in the main draw of the tournament.Watch the Miami Open on Sky Sports 3 HD - your home of tennisBy purchasing a Sky Sports Day Pass for £6.99 or Sky Sports Week Pass for £10.99, you can enjoy access to all seven Sky Sports channels and watch on a TV with a NOW TV Box or on a range of devices. Also See: Federer ready for Miami return Federer slams Dubai testing LTA ponder next Bedene move Tennis on Sky ' ' '