t certain movements especially under braki | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Apr 28 '19
When Paul Tracy completed a three-race winning streak at Gateway International Raceway early in the 1997 CART season, it brought Team Penskes tally of Indy car race wins to 99. College Jerseys Cheap . Commemorative hats for the teams impending 100th win were hastily commissioned.The Penske hospitality crew carried those black hats emblazoned with a red 100 logo around the country for the next three years as Roger Penskes flagship team endured the longest winless period since the teams formation in 1968. The hats finally escaped captivity on May 27, 2000, when Gil de Ferran earned the teams historic 100th Indy car win at Nazareth Speedway.?Team Penske broke out a batch of nearly identical 100 hats Saturday night at Daytona International Speedway after Brad Keselowski earned the man they call The Captain his 100th victory in NASCAR Sprint Cup Series competition. The hats didnt fester as long this time; Joey Logano had scored win No. 99 at Michigan International Speedway just three weeks ago.Even though Penskes first Indy car and NASCAR wins came within the space of two years (1971 and 72), it took much longer to reach the century mark in stock car competition. The Indy car team has now amassed 183 race wins, including six this year split between Simon Pagenaud, Will Power and Juan Pablo Montoya.While Penskes front-runner status in the IndyCar Series is a given, success has been much more difficult in NASCAR. Thats why he took so much satisfaction in Keselowskis landmark win at Daytona.With four wins split between Keselowski (with three) and Logano, Penske is enjoying a strong campaign during his 50th anniversary season.Well, I would just say that the 100th in NASCAR is something special and to do it here on the Fourth of July weekend, its amazing, Penske said.?But its a byproduct of all the good people we have, and weve got to continue to remember that.?We lose more than we win in this business, and youve got to know how to deal with the downs and take advantage of the ups.One hundred wins puts us in a good position and it couldnt come at a better time, he noted. Sixteen years ago we won our first 100th race in IndyCar, so it took a long time to get here on the NASCAR side. But a pretty important night for us.Back in 2000, Penske didnt have to wait long for his 101st Indy car win. It came just three weeks later at Detroit Belle Isle, where longtime Team Penske driver Helio Castroneves earned his first Indy car race win and inaugurated his traditional fence-climbing celebration.Penskes resurgence as a champion Indy car team after three years in the wilderness came after a near-total rebuild. In late 1999, he hired 31-year-old Tim Cindric away from Bobby Rahal to run the Indy car team, abandoned his philosophy of building his own chassis and maintaining an in-house engine program and hired a pair of up-and-coming young drivers in de Ferran and Castroneves.Equipped with the same basic Reynard-Honda-Firestone package that had dominated the CART series from 1996 to 1999, the rejuvenated Penske organization again demonstrated that it was the top dog in the CART series, with de Ferran winning the championship in 2000 and 01. A move to the Indy Racing League in 2002 did nothing to slow the Indy car momentum, and Penske drivers Pagenaud, Castroneves and Power currently rank 1-2-3 in the IndyCar Series standings.In 2006, Cindric assumed control of all of Team Penskes racing operations and was tasked with moving the Indy car team from its longtime Pennsylvania base to Penskes 375,000-square-foot facility in Mooresville, North Carolina. With all of Penskes racing operations under one roof, a surprising amount of technology and procedural transfer took place between the two sides of the enormous building.Penske trended younger with his NASCAR drivers as well. After longtime stalwart Rusty Wallace retired, 28-year-olds Kurt Busch and Ryan Newman formed the Penske lineup. Newman delivered Penskes first Daytona 500 crown in 2008, but the NASCAR team soon went even younger. Sam Hornish Jr. (who won an Indianapolis 500 and an IndyCar Series championship for Penske) and AJ Allmendinger failed to produce in the Cup Series, but the late-2009 hiring of Keslelowski, then 25, proved to be the real catalyst for the Penske NASCAR team.With 44 wins for the team across the various NASCAR platforms, Keselowski is the second most successful driver in Team Penske history, trailing only founding pilot Mark Donohues 59. Keselowski has won 19 Cup races for Penske since 2011, including Penskes first NASCAR Cup Series championship in 2012.Now an established Cup veteran at age 32, Keselowski has paired well with 26-year-old Logano, who since joining the team in 2013 has started to live up to the high expectations placed upon him at the start of his career. Its one of the strongest driver lineups in the Cup Series, and Penske has 22-year-old Ryan Blaney waiting in the wings with the satellite Wood Brothers team should he decide to upsize his Cup operation to three cars.The chemisty the drivers have achieved with their respective crew chiefs (Paul Wolfe for Keselowski, Todd Gordon for Logano) is another key to the NASCAR teams recent success.Thats what Roger does best, putting the right people in the right places for the teams success, Cindric said. He has a way of finding the right people.For Penske, finding the right people extends far beyond the scope of his 450-strong racing operation. Penske Corporation is a worldwide conglomerate, with more than 40,000 associates, and the racing teams are a visible and valuable marketing tool for the companys various business interests that span the globe.Winning obviously is the ultimate goal, Penske said. But I think being competitive every race is the key. Youre not going to win every race, but when I go home after a race I want to see that we were competitive today. Maybe we didnt compete the way we wanted to, but I get probably more satisfaction today seeing one of our drivers get in the winners circle because all those people who are directly involved with that driver and the team get on such a high and it just spreads through the organization.To me, thats the most important thing -- what it does for us with 40,000 employees, he added. Every Monday they know whether theyve won or lost and thats a big thing for them.Another Penske trait is a stubborn resistance to look back at the past, no matter how successful it may have been.One hundred NASCAR wins is a great milestone, but Roger Penske is already focused on the next goal.You look at Joe Gibbs and you look at Richard Childress and certainly Rick Hendrick and some of the other teams, these guys have won a lot of races, Penske said. I think weve competed in multiple series, and I think were almost at 450 wins now [434, to be exact], and three or four away from 500 poles.Our goal is 500 and 500 [wins and poles], he added.?This was the first step -- to get to 100 wins in NASCAR. Stitched NCAA Jerseys . Those lessons were more than enough to overwhelm the Utah Jazz. Lou Williams scored 25 points and the Hawks continued their offensive upswing as they rolled to an easy 118-85 victory over the Jazz on Friday night, winning their third straight and for the fourth time in five games. Cheap College Football Jerseys .Y. -- Marcell Dareus and the Buffalo Bills defence made life miserable for Super Bowl MVP Joe Flacco. http://www.cheapncaajerseysbywholesale.com/ .5 million, one-year contract on Friday. Hawkins, who turns 41 in December, will compete with Rex Brothers for the closers role at spring training. SPA-FRANCORCHAMPS, Belgium -- Sebastian Vettel feels Max Verstappen was very bold to attempt the move which led to a three-car collision at Turn 1 of the Belgian Grand Prix.Vettel was spun around at Turn 1 while on the outside of Kimi Raikkonen and Verstappen, who had dived down the inside of the Ferrari drivers after a slow getaway. The collision took all three men out of contention when they had looked best placed to take the fight to polesitter Nico Rosbeg.Vettel, who was on the outside, said he could not see Raikkonen on the inside as he had got ahead of the other Ferrari before contact happened. Though Verstappen blamed both Ferrari drivers for the clash, Vettel does not think the Red Bull drivers move was ever likely to succeed.I had a very good start, I think the best start from the people who were in front of me, he said. I was P2 leading into... Nico was ahead but I was right behind on the outside leading the way into the first corner. Then I could hardly see Kimi because I was more than half a car length ahead when I turned in and to be honest he was already in the blind spot....To speak of Max, just looking at it now was a very bold move trying to recover those two places in one corner diving down the inside, that obviously was the reason why Kimi couldnt turn in and follow the lead that I was dictating as the leading car of that group.With hindsight its easy, I turn in later or go wider and only those two are making contact and I get away with it. The problem is that you cant fit three cars in that corner and the inside one of these able to trigger trouble on the outside which Kimi and myself suffered from.Verstappens aggressive defensive driving on Raikkonen at Les Combes later in the race led to an expletive-laden radio message from the Finn, before forcing Vettel wide at the same corner later in the race. The Dutch teenager then repeated the same move on Vettel, forcing the German wide and across the slip road. NCAA Basketball Jerseys China. ?Vettel made it clear he has nothing wrong with Verstappen on a personal level, and respects his aggressive style, but feels Spa was a step too far. The four-time world champion pointed to his own incident with Verstappen, which saw the Dutch defending staunchly despite being about to pit.I think its right to criticise, I think its wrong to make too much of a story, Vettel said. I get along with him, I like him, hes aggressive and I think thats a strength for him, but certain movements especially under braking which I faced when I was racing with him I dont think are correct.Its probably something that needs to click and he needs to understand but in that race there was a lot going on, in the end it wasnt the smartest thing to do because I lost a lot of time, he lost a lot of time and he was about to pit. So arguably for his race whatever it was he lost three or four seconds just fighting with me which was unnecessary. I was clearly faster and got passed him anyway the lap after.Asked if he will raise the issue at the drivers briefing in Monza next weekend, Vettel replied: I will try and talk to Max, not now because I think he didnt have a good day, I didnt have a good day, Kimi didnt have a good day.But Im not a fan of penalising people, its not the way to educate, we need to talk to each other, we need to have respect. I think there has been a couple of manoeuvres that the rest of the field is not happy with his behaviour, as I said the best way to educate and the best way is just to talk rather than create a fuss in the media and try to talk via some other channels. We are men and its best to stand in front of each other and talk to each other. ' ' '