e when I step in here, its in a dark tunnel b | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Apr 30 '19
MONTREAL -- The Montreal Canadiens knew just how important it was to rebound from one of their worst performances in decades. Cheap Air Max .Montreal beat the visiting Philadelphia Flyers 5-4 on Saturday, less than 24 hours after a 10-0 drubbing at the hands of the Columbus Blue Jackets -- the first time the Canadiens conceded 10 goals since Dec. 2, 1995.It was 100 percent necessary and everyone knew that we needed to bounce back, said defenseman Greg Pateryn, who scored his first goal of the season against Philadelphia. Everyone knew this morning what it was going to be about. We needed to move on.The NHL-leading Canadiens (10-1-1) were far from perfect Saturday, but they did just enough to get back in the win column and snap Philadelphias three-game winning streak in the process.The Flyers (6-6-1) outshot Montreal 38-17 and managed to beat Carey Price four times -- the first time he has allowed more than two goals this season.It wasnt that hard for us to get up for this game after what happened to us, said Brendan Gallagher. Its never easy playing back-to-back, but we kind of had no choice but to show up and compete today.I thought we were much better than the last few games.Tomas Plekanec scored the eventual winner at 10:57 of the third period while the Habs were playing down a man. Streaking down the wing, Plekanec beat Michal Neuvirth five-hole for his first goal of the season.What a big goal by Pleky, said Phillip Danault, who also scored in the third period. Proud of him too. He deserves it. He works hard every day. I think we were more happy than he was.Canadiens coach Michel Therrien played around with his lines on Saturday, most notably putting Artturi Lehkonen on the first line with Alex Galchenyuk and Alexander Radulov.But it was Montreals defensemen who provided the offence to start the game.Andrei Markov made it 1-0 just 1:06 into the contest, jumping on a giveaway by Sean Couturier and firing home his first of the year. Neuvirth got his glove on Markovs slap shot, but not enough of it as the puck trickled in.After Chris VandeVelde and Shayne Gostisbehere got two goals in quick succession for the visitors, Pateryn made it 2-2 for Montreal at 9:09 of the first. The young defenceman just threw the puck on net, and a screened Neuvirth saw absolutely nothing until it was already too late.Galchenyuk put the Canadiens ahead late in the second period, scoring at 18:38 on Montreals third shot of the middle frame. The first-line centre, all alone at the side of Neuvirths goal, took a cross-ice pass from Radulov through traffic and scored into a gaping net for his fourth goal of the season.Galchenyuk now has six points in his last five games.But the Flyers refused to give up.After Danault made it 4-2 in the third period, Claude Giroux made things interesting again, scoring on the power play at 9:16.Plekanec answered back with his short-handed goal on that same four-minute minor to Andrew Shaw, but still the visitors did not roll over.Travis Konecny gave Philadelphia life at 16:16, tipping Ivan Provorovs shot past Price to bring his side back to within one.Looks like when the game is coming to an end, we pick it up a little bit, said Giroux of Philadelphias never-say-die attitude. But we have to find a way to play like that for 60 minutes. Its tough to play aggressive like that for a full game, but if we do that were going to be a dangerous team.Price stopped 34-of-38 shots while Neuvirth made 12 saves in defeat.Game notes Montreal is 9-0-0 when scoring first this year. ... The Canadiens remain perfect at home this season 7-0-0. ... The Habs are 6-0-0 at home against the Flyers in their last six games. ... This was the second of three meetings between Philadelphia and Montreal this season.UP NEXT:Flyers: Hosts Red Wings on Tuesday.Canadiens: Hosts Bruins on Tuesday. Air Max Australia Online .ca NHL Power Rankings for the second straight week, ahead of the Pittsburgh Penguins and Colorado Avalanche. Air Max Australia . Francis told several hundred members of the European Olympic Committees that when sport "is considered only in economic terms and consequently for victory at every cost . http://www.australiaairmax.com/ . Third-seeded Murray had the easiest path to victory on New Years Eve, barely breaking a sweat during his 6-0, 6-0 win over 2,129th-ranked Qatari wildcard recipient Mousa Shanan Zayed. NEW YORK -- Well into the fourth set, he sat slumped in his changeover chair, a towel draped over his head, apparently lost in some sort of Zen trance.In fairness, the past two months of Novak Djokovics 2016 season have been tumultuous, to say the least.After completing his career Grand Slam at Roland Garros, the No. 1-ranked Serb was bounced in the third round of Wimbledon, saw his private issues set off a tabloid feeding frenzy and lost in the first round at the Rio Olympics. Upon his arrival in New York, he acknowledged a recurring left wrist injury.But amid the chaos, Djokovic still has an opportunity to make a special kind of history: With a title here at the US Open, he and Roger Federer would be the only men to win three Grand Slam singles championships in a single season -- three different times. Djokovic and Rod Laver are the only ones besides Federer to do it twice.So, one of the leading questions of the fortnight: Can Djokovic check all that baggage at the door and focus on the daunting task at hand? Will he even be in the building when the finals and, presumably, the momentum-aplenty Andy Murray roll around?The early returns, as it were, were inconclusive. In the first US Open night match under Arthur Ashe Stadiums new roof on Monday night, Djokovic never looked completely comfortable in taking out Jerzy Janowicz 6-3, 5-7, 6-2, 6-1.There was, of course, drama -- how could there not be? Djokovic called for the ATP World Tour trainer in the first set to work on his right arm and, on a few occasions, grabbed at that offending limb. And then, Janowicz ran off with the second set. But Djokovic, scuffling, scrambling, sneakers squeaking under duress, bore down and produced a thoroughly professional win. There was even a sneaky serve-and-volley that helped nail down the third set.When it was over -- 2 hours and 37 minutes after it began -- Djokovic looked weary and quite relieved. The first on-court question concerned his health.Thank you for staying this late, Djokovic told the crowd. It was hard to put up a show after Phil Collins.And then he broke into a song, I Cant Dance, made popular by the drummers former band, Genesis. Collins performed on opening night at Arthur Ashe Stadium.I cant dance, I cant tallk, Djokovic sang. Air Max Sale Australia. The only thing about me is the way I walk.Sorry, sorry. I had to do it. I promised myself Im going to do it.Djokovic did not address his wrist and arm injuries until prodded a second time.Look you know, its never easy to play at this level throughout the year, he said eventually. There are days and weeks when youre not feeling youre 100 percent.I dont think its necessary to talk about this now.There will be plenty of time for that before Wednesdays second-round match against Jiri Vesely, who beat Djokovic in their only meeting, earlier this year in Monte Carlo.Ultimately, this was a predictable first-time result -- an outcome actors Alec Baldwin and Susan Sarandon, fashion designer Vera Wang, former boxer Mike Tyson and chef Emeril Lagasse probably came out to see -- between players who are ranked No. 1 and No. 247 in the world.Djokovic has never, ever lost a Grand Slam match to a player ranked outside the top 100; he pushed his record to 33-0. The winner of the seasons first two Slams, the Australian Open and French Open, Djokovic is a scalding 52-5 for the year.Janowicz, on the other hand, has yet to win an ATP-level match this year. A surprise Wimbledon semifinalist three years ago, the 25-year-old Pole was forced to sit out between January and July with knee and back injuries.The 2007 junior finalist has lost his past five Grand Slam singles matches and is still looking for his second career US Open win. But there were real flashes that suggest hell soon be competitive again.When it was over, Djokovic slowly walked toward the net with an exceptionally somber expression on his face. Even his signature celebration to all four corners of the arena seemed to take unusual concentration and effort.Djokovic finds himself the defending US Open champion and seeks his third title overall. Hes now a sparkling 20-1 in Arthur Ashe night matches at the US Open.I feel like when I step in here, its in a dark tunnel but there is always a light, Djokovic said. At Arthur Ashe, there is always a light at the end of the tunnel.Right now, that light looks awfully far away. ' ' '