, 4.37 ERA) has lost two straight starts after winnin | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Mai 2 '19
                                      CHICAGO -- While the Chicago Cubs were waiting to find out if they would play the New York Mets or San Francisco Giants in the NL Division Series, Addison Russell thought about the experience he gained in last years playoffs. Cheap Air Max 97 Nz Clearance .It was invaluable, even if an injury cut it short.Its pretty important, Russell said Wednesday. I kind of got to see the atmosphere a little bit, especially in that wild-card game and the first games against the Cardinals as well. I got that experience in my back pocket. Hopefully, this first series against whoever it may be, positive, and amped up as well.The Cubs created a buzz in the North Side of Chicago by rolling to a major league-leading 103 wins. Long-suffering fans are hoping for their first title since 1908, and the atmosphere at Wrigley Field figures to be charged when the Division Series opens Friday night.Victories are tougher to come by in October than in May or June, though. Chicagos track record and talent only count for so much in five- or seven-game series.It has to do with good fortune, general manager Jed Hoyer said. That doesnt mean the team that gets there is lucky. Youre going to have to have some breaks along the way.The Cubs won more games than they had since 1910, with one of the deepest lineups and pitching staffs in the game.They boast two NL MVP candidates in Kris Bryant and Anthony Rizzo and a pair of Cy Young Award contenders in Jon Lester and Kyle Hendricks to go with last years winner in Jake Arrieta.They also have a 22-year-old in Russell who emerged as one of the best all-around shortstops in baseball. The NL All-Star is a strong candidate for the Gold Glove and a key contributor at the plate. And he comes into these playoffs looking to stick around until the end after showing some flashes in a run last year that ended with an injury.Russell broke up a no-hit bid by St. Louis John Lackey with a single in the sixth inning of the opener of the NL Division Series. But he pulled his left hamstring sliding into third with a triple in Game 3 against the Cardinals and did not play again.The Cubs were then swept by the Mets in the NLCS, but they came back better this year and so did Russell. He hit 21 homers and drove in 95 runs -- second among major league shortstops -- to go with some spectacular play in the field.Im a little bit more familiar with these guys, Russell said. Ive been playing on this surface for a little bit longer so that makes everything a little bit more comfortable for me.Russell was initially drafted by the Oakland Athletics with the 11th pick in the 2012 draft and appeared to be on a path to becoming their long-term shortstop. But that changed two years ago.With one of the best teams in the majors, Oakland sent Russell to the Cubs in a multiplayer deal for pitchers Jeff Samardzija and Jason Hammel.That trade turned some heads in Chicago since they already had one young shortstop in Starlin Castro and another in the system in Javier Baez. But it worked out well.Russell supplanted Castro as the everyday shortstop down the stretch last season after playing second base. That allowed the Cubs to trade Castro to the New York Yankees in the offseason and helped pave the way for Baez to become a super utility player.Now, the Cubs have their sights set on the biggest prize of all. And Russell is a reason why. Air Max 97 Cheap Nz . "I dont know that were close," said general manager Alex Anthopoulos. "I just think, right now, the acquisition cost just doesnt work for us right now. I dont know if I can quantify how far off or things like that that they might be but I would say we continue to have dialogue. Air Max 97 Cheap Nz Shoes . They reached the 100-point plateau for the fourth time in five games, bested the visiting Trail Blazers by 34 in the paint and scored 19 of the final 25 points in regulation. http://www.airmax97cheapnz.com/ . This should be celebrated because it will not always be this way. With the amount of money given to players by their clubs these days, it is a wonder that so many of those teams allow the sport to continue to take away many of their assets so they can play for a different team in the middle of their season. PITTSBURGH -- With the Chicago Cubs supposedly fine-tuning things for postseason form, ace Jake Arrieta was roughed up by the Pittsburgh Pirates in an 8-4 loss Wednesday night.Pirates first baseman John Jaso hit for the cycle and Arrieta (18-8) gave up seven runs and 10 hits -- both season-highs -- in five innings. But manager Joe Maddon said there isnt cause for concern that the Cubs starter wont be able to right the ship come October.That was probably the best strike-throwing I have seen out of him, Maddon said. He was throwing very well. Up until the home run by Jaso, theres just a couple singles to the opposite field. That was it. Then, the last inning kind of got away from us too. But he wasnt that bad today. None of it made sense to me.The Pirates hit three consecutive doubles to score three runs in the sixth inning and Jasos three-run home run in the fifth did the majority of the damage.It felt like a spring training game from the get-go, just wasnt crisp and didnt have much working, Arrieta (18-8) said. Thats about it.The Cubs havent made a plan yet for when Arrieta will pitch next. He is not scheduled to make another start this season. Arrieta said it doesnt matter to him when he pitches next, hes just focused on the postseason.Were moving on, he said. I dont like giving up seven runs. Im (mad) about that. but moving forward, everything is fine. . Ill throw sides up here, and whoever I face in the first round, theyre going to be in trouble.Jasos triple in the seventh inning gave him the first cycle in the 16-year history of PNC Park.The triple off reliever Pedro Strop clinched the Pirates first cycle since 2004. The last Pirate to hit for the cycle was Daryle Ward on May 26, 2004, in St. Louis. The last Pirates home cycle was by Jason Kendall on May 19, 2000, against the Cardinals at Three Rivers Stadium.Jaso isnt exactly a typical candidate for the cycle. He has neither prodigious power nor speed, as he hit just his seventh home run and third triple of the season. Jaso didnt even realize what had happened until he had already performed the feat.It didntt really dawn on me until I was standing on the base, he said. Air Max 97 Cheap Nz Online. I was looking at (third base coach Rick) Sofield and it finally just hit me.Against Arrieta, Jaso singled in the second inning, hit a three-run home run in the fourth and doubled in the fifth.Its just a great memory to have, Jaso said. You dont really want to take this blessing for granted being here.Pirates starter Jameson Taillon (5-4) allowed one hit and struck out four in six innings.Chicagos Anthony Rizzo hit a solo homer, his 32nd of the season.OH, CANADAThe Pirates announced that they will play a two-game preseason series in Montreal against the Toronto Blue Jays March 31 and April 1, 2017. The Pirates havent played in Montreal since 2013.TRAINING ROOMCubs: OF Chris Coghlan left the game with a mild left ankle sprain. He ran into the wall in left field attempting to catch a fly ball in the fifth inning. . Maddon expects OF Jorge Soler (right side) to be able to play this weekend.Pirates: After being officially eliminated from the playoffs Tuesday, the Pirates will shut injured reliever Neftali Feliz down for the season, and will be backing away from C Francisco Cervelli, according to manager Clint Hurdle. Cervelli had hamate surgery in July and has dealt with several minor injuries all year. . OF Gregory Polanco did not play with a stiff neck. He had previously missed three games with a facial contusion following a collision with the wall in left field.UP NEXTCubs: Rob Zastryzny (1-0, 0.79 ERA) will make his first career start. In seven career appearances, his longest outing is 3 2/3 innings. Zastryzny started 14 games for Triple-A Iowa this season with a 7-3 record and a 4.22 ERA.Pirates: Ivan Nova (12-8, 4.37 ERA) has lost two straight starts after winning his first five decisions with the Pirates since coming over from the New York Yankees at the trade deadline. He has given up 11 runs (nine earned) and 18 hits over seven innings in his last two starts. ' ' '