ed each other down one more time. And again, | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Mai 3 '19
                                      LOS ANGELES -- The Baltimore Orioles have five All-Stars and each of them contributed against the Los Angeles Dodgers. Air Max 90 Essential Mens Sale .Manny Machado struck the biggest blow, hitting a three-run homer in the fifth inning to propel the Orioles to a 4-1 victory Tuesday night that ended their five-game skid while stopping the Dodgers five-game winning streak.We needed that, he said. Weve been scuffling a bit and weve been putting ourselves in bad situations.Machado, named an All-Star starter the day before he turns 24, sent a 2-2 pitch from Kenta Maeda (7-6) into the upper corner of the left field pavilion, putting the AL East-leading Orioles ahead 4-1. Machados 19th homer would have registered 453 feet -- his longest shot of the season -- had it landed unimpeded, according to Statcast.Yeah, I got it good, Machado said. Good hitters will hit it hard over the stadium, but I guess I dont have that pop.The Orioles lead the majors with 129 home runs; they had 56 in June.Chris Tillman (11-2) allowed one run and five hits in seven innings, struck out two and walked two while facing the Dodgers for the first time in his career.Its what we needed, Orioles manager Buck Showalter said. Chris was the difference. Hes been good all year. Hes been pretty consistent.Tillman, a right-hander from Anaheim, California, had his career-high nine-game winning streak snapped last week, and wasnt selected for next weeks All-Star Game in San Diego.He was pretty bummed out about his last two starts, Machado said. I know he puts a lot of emphasis and a lot of pride into it. Knowing him, he wanted to come and prove a point today. He did that and more.Zach Britton pitched the ninth to earn his AL-leading 24th save in as many chances. The Dodgers briefly threatened, with Adrian Gonzalezs leadoff single before Yasiel Puig struck out and pinch-hitter Justin Turners long fly was caught at the wall by right fielder Joey Rickard. Howie Kendrick struck out swinging to end the game.Brach struck out the side swinging in the eighth before turning it over to Britton, who hasnt allowed an earned run in his last 24 games since May 5.Baltimore catcher Matt Wieters, another All-Star, went 2 for 4 with one strikeout.Maeda tied season highs in runs allowed (4) and hits (7) in four-plus innings, which equaled the shortest outing of his career. The right-hander struck out five and walked three while dropping to 3-6 in nine home starts this season.From the first inning on, it seemed like Kenta was laboring, Dodgers manager Dave Roberts said. He couldnt command the fastball. Youve got to make major league hitters respect your fastball. When they can lock in on a certain pitch it makes it that much tougher.The Orioles tied the game 1-all in the second when Jonathan Schoop flied into a forceout from right fielder to shortstop, scoring All-Star Mark Trumbo, who went 1 for 3 with a walk and two strikeouts.Dodgers rookie shortstop Corey Seager doubled in the first inning, extending his hitting streak to 18 games, the NLs longest this season. He scored on Gonzalezs single, giving the Dodgers a 1-0 lead.The loss ended the Dodgers 10-game home winning streak. They didnt muster a hit past the fifth inning.DODGERS ALL-STARSAt 22 years, 69 days, Seager is the youngest position player to be named an All-Star in Dodgers history. Hes the clubs second rookie shortstop to be selected, joining Bill Grabarkewitz in 1970.Closer Kenley Jansen joined Seager as a first-time All-Star in his seventh season and is the teams first reliever to be named since 2010. Jansen ranks second among NL relievers with 25 saves.Left-hander Clayton Kershaw became the first Dodger to make six straight All-Star games since Fernando Valenzuela in 1981-86, but hell miss the game with a herniated disc. He leads the majors with a 1.79 ERA.ORIOLES ALL-STARSShowalter told Brachs wife, singer-songwriter Jenae Cherry, to pass along the news to her husband.I told her -- shes an up-and-coming country music singer -- she should write a song about it, Showalter said. Id buy it.URIAS TO MINORSThe Dodgers sent 19-year-old pitcher Julio Urias to Triple-A Oklahoma City after eight starts in an effort to control his innings. The left-hander was 1-2 with a 4.95 ERA after making his big league debut on May 27 at the New York Mets. The team has Urias on an unspecified innings limit this season. He was scheduled to be sent down earlier, but several injuries to the rotation forced an extended stay.TRAINERS ROOMOrioles: RHP Darren ODay, on the DL with a right hamstring strain, could pitch a rehab game over next weeks All-Star break. Its not a good injury, Showalter said. If he pushes it, hes going to miss the whole year.UP NEXTOrioles: RHP Kevin Gausman (1-6, 3.97 ERA) has received 3.20 runs of support and the team is 5-9 in his 14 starts.Dodgers: RHP Bud Norris (4-7, 3.89) makes his second start since being acquired from Atlanta last week. He pitched for the Orioles from 2013-15, with a 21-20 record and a 4.65 ERA. His best year for the Os was in 2014, when he posted career highs in wins (15) and ERA (3.65). Cheap Air Max 90 Free Shipping .ca. Kerry,  Just watched the shootout in the Coyotes/Leafs game and I have to ask, why was the James van Riemsdyk goal allowed to count?  All of the video replays we were shown on TV were inconclusive about whether the puck had entirely crossed the line or not. Cheap Air Max 90 China .Y. -- The Buffalo Sabres have recalled forward Kevin Porter and defenceman Chad Ruhwedel from the minors as part of a five-player roster shuffle made by the NHLs worst team. http:///...ax-90-essential.html . Instead of dwelling on the negative, Oates focused on what was good about the clubs recent play. It worked. NEW YORK -- Floyd Mayweather and Saul "Canelo" Alvarez stared each other down for nearly a minute and the cheers from the fans packed into Times Square grew louder by the second. This is the matchup theyve been waiting to see: Four belts, two undefeated fan favourites -- and a title fight simply billed as "The One." "Canelo, I appreciate you for taking the fight," Mayweather said on a steamy Monday in the heart of Manhattan in front of a few thousand fans standing behind metal barriers or sitting in temporary bleachers with Broadway marquees serving as a colorful backdrop. "Now," Mayweather said, "lets give the fans what they want to see." The fighters kicked off an 11-city tour to officially announce and promote their title fight at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas on Sept. 14. The promotional tour includes stops in cities such as Washington D.C., Chicago, Miami and Mexico City, and is jumpstarting the hype ahead of one of boxings most anticipated bouts in recent memory. Mayweather, 36, is unbeaten in 44 fights with the last a unanimous 12-round decision over Robert Guerrero on May 4 in defence of his 147-pound title. "The Earth is my turf," Mayweather said. "You can put me in any ring and I will always come out victorious." Alvarez, a 22-year-old star from Mexico, is 42-0-1 and unified the 154-pound titles in April with a unanimous victory over Austin Trout on April 20. "In the sport of boxing, its everybodys time, and this is my time," Alvarez said through a translator as fans chanted "Mex-i-co!" "Im going to win." The 12-round fight will be contested at 152 pounds with both mens super welterweight/junior middleweight titles on the line -- Mayweathers WBA super welterweight "super" championship, and Alvarezs WBC, WBA and Ring Magazine super welterweight championships. The bout, expected to be a monstrous draw on pay-per-view for Showtime, also just might satisfy many fans who had been wishing during the last several years for Mayweather to take on Manny Pacquiao. "In every sport, there are certain rare occasions when you have the best fighting the best," said Stephen Espinoza, executive vice-president and general manager of Showtime Sports. "The Super Bowl, Final Four, the college football national championship. Sept. 14 will be one of those occasions -- the two biggest stars in the sport, the two biggest fan bases. "We have Americas No. 1 fighter versus Mexicos No. 1 fighter. We have the No. 1 pound-for-pound fighter in the sport versus the No. 1 new star in the sport." There remains some dispute over who set the 152-pound catch weight, with Mayweathers camp saying Alvarezs people brought it up first. Alvarez, however, insisted it was Mayweather who decided on having both fight at 152 pounds instead of 154. "It wasnt me," Alvarez told reporters before the news conference. "I dont want to fight 2 pounds below my weight class." There was also some contention between the two because Alvarez chose to headline his own fight card against Trout rather than be included on the undercard of Mayweather-Guerrero card. But both fighters agreed that this is a matchup that needed to happen. Cheap Nike Air Max 90 Premium Womens. "Ive visualized this fight for years," Alvarez said, "and I feel Im going to win." The fighters each announced on Twitter last month that they would face each other, exciting boxing fans around the world. Mondays event marked perhaps the sports most ambitious promotional tour since Mayweather and Oscar De La Hoya also stopped in 11 cities before their 2007 bout -- won by Mayweather. Alvarez has been picking De La Hoyas brain about fighting Mayweather, and the former champion believes the young star has a few advantages -- including youth -- he didnt have. "I used reckless pressure and hes going to use smart pressure," De La Hoya said. "Thats what going to be the difference. ... And I have three letters for (Alvarez): jab." Each fighter took a stroll down a makeshift red carpet leading to the dais with pops of confetti marking their entrances. Mayweather received a noticeable amount of boos with the crowd appearing to slightly favour Alvarez. One fan, though, got Mayweather to crack up when he held up a Chucky doll from the "Childs Play" movie franchise, taking a clear shot at Alvarezs hair colour. The two took their seats after their stare-down -- Mayweather next to Leonard Ellerbe, the CEO Mayweather Promotions, and Alvarez next to De la Hoya, the president of Golden Boy Promotions. It was a mostly tame news conference with the banter between sides at a minimum. Before the news conference, Mayweather talked about shooting a commercial with the Spanish-speaking Alvarez and someone asked why he isnt doing his usual trash talking with his opponent. "He wouldnt understand me anyway," Mayweather said, laughing. It is the second in Mayweathers six-bout, 30-month contract with Showtime that could pay him more than $200 million. After Mayweather beat Guerrero, he said he wanted to fight again in September -- marking the first time since 2007 he will be in the ring twice in a calendar year. "I said I was going to be very active so I could stay sharp and be at the top of my game," Mayweather said. Mayweather showed little rust while dominating Guerrero by using superior defensive skills in his first ring appearance since serving a jail term for assaulting the mother of his children. Alvarez is a confident and rapidly rising fighter who should provide a huge test for Mayweather. Alvarez was dominant against the previously unbeaten Trout, showing up some fans and media who speculated that perhaps he wasnt ready to face such an experienced opponent. "To be the best," Alvarez said when asked before the news conference what his motivation is to fight Mayweather now. "(I want) to go down in history as the guy who beat the guy people consider the best." When the news conference was over, both fighters got up and stared each other down one more time. And again, the crowd went wild. "Its always been one of my ultimate goals to get to the pinnacle of the sport and push myself to the limit by facing the best," Mayweather said. "Hes a young champion. What else can I say?" ' ' '