a little bit of a different kind of trip, but in a really special way. | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
wzh123 Mai 4 '19
HOUSTON -- Lance McCullers left with right elbow discomfort, and the Houston Astros offense continued to sputter. Cheap Nike KD Basketball Shoes .McCullers will be examined Wednesday after pitching 4 2/3 innings Tuesday night in a 2-1 loss to the Toronto Blue Jays.McCullers (6-5) allowed two runs and seven hits with six strikeouts.We dont really know, McCullers said about the injury. Were just going to follow protocol and take it step by step and see where we are tomorrow. I felt a little discomfort, and out of precaution, I just had to get out of there.Joe Musgrove replaced McCullers and struck out eight in 4 1/3 scoreless innings, tying a major league record for strikeouts by a reliever in his big league debut set by Barry Jones with Pittsburgh in 1986.I pitch to contact so I tried to get ahead as best I could, Musgrove said. Two-strike situations presented themselves a lot more tonight than usual, but with a defense like this behind me, it was easy to just trust the guys behind you and let them work. I just tried to throw the ball in the zone, let them put it in play and let our guys do the rest.R.A. Dickey threw seven solid innings and Jose Bautista and Edwin Encarnacion homered for Toronto.Houston has scored two runs or fewer in four straight games for a total of five runs.We havent been able to muster hits together, Hinch said. Concern? No, I believe in our guys and love our guys. Obviously, we havent been able to get the motor started for a few games now, but weve run into some good pitching and had some missed opportunities.Bautista hit his 300th career homer in the third to put Toronto up 1-0.Encarnacion launched his 29th home run to lead off the fourth -- a monstrous shot that bounced off the railroad tracks at Minute Maid Park before landing in left field.I made two mistakes and paid for both of them with home runs, McCullers said. But I felt really good tonight. I thought it was going to be a good night.Dickey (8-12) allowed one run on six hits with five strikeouts. He had allowed 18 runs -- 17 earned -- over his last three starts, all losses.We have been in an offensive lull for a few games now, Hinch said. Obviously, Dickey had his good knuckleball going tonight, and his ball was moving all over the place.Danny Barnes pitched the eighth before Jason Grilli pitched the ninth for his second save with Toronto and his fourth overall.Evan Gattis cut the lead to 2-1 with an RBI single in the seventh. Jose Altuve had three hits for Houston.TRAINERS ROOMAstros: RHP Luke Gregerson was placed on the 15-day disabled list retroactive to July 28 with a left oblique strain. The Astros recalled IF A.J. Reed from Triple-A Fresno. ... OF Carlos Gomez (right hamstring) was back in the lineup Tuesday after missing the last four games. He went 1 for 4.ROSTER MOVESAstros: Houston will recall RHP James Hoyt from Triple-A Fresno on Wednesday, and RHP Doug Fister will go on the three-day paternity list.UP NEXTBlue Jays: RHP Marco Estrada (6-4) will look for his second straight win Wednesday in the third of four games against the Astros. Estrada allowed four runs in his last outing Friday against Baltimore, the most runs he had allowed since May 14 when he was tagged for five runs.Astros: RHP Collin McHugh (7-7) will look to rebound after being tagged for eight runs on 10 hits in 1 2/3 innings Friday at Detroit. Clearance Nike KD Shoes . Mickelson barely made the cut but had the best round of the day with nine birdies and an eagle coupled with two bogeys to sit two shots behind leader Craig Lee of Scotland. Lee shot a 69 for a 12-under 204 total. "I just love the fact I am in contention and have an opportunity in my first tournament of the year here in Abu Dhabi," Mickelson said. Kevin Durant Shoes Sale ., for the next three years with the signings on Monday of Daryl Townsend and Michael Carter. http://www.cheapkdshoes.com/ . If ever they start actually putting pictures beside words in the dictionary, the Blue Jays left-handers mug will appear beside “Consistency. HONOLULU -- This time last year Charlie Moore was in the midst of his senior season of high school.What a difference a year makes.Moore, a freshman point guard, scored 15 points to lead four players in double figures to help California pull away from Princeton 62-51 in the Pearl Harbor Invitational Tuesday.Charlie stepped up. He stepped up and played well, California coach Cuonzo Martin said. He made plays, he made shots, he got to the rim.Moore shot 6 of 9 from the field and scored 10 points after halftime to help the Golden Bears (7-1) recover from a lackluster first half in which they shot 25 percent (8 of 32) from the field.Coach told me to assert myself a little bit more on the offensive end in the second half and make sure we execute the offense. Thats what we were struggling with in the first half, Moore said.California made up for it by shooting 66.7 percent after halftime.We got off to a slow start to the game, but I thought our guys did a great job making adjustments, Martin said.Jabari Bird scored 11 of his 13 points after halftime and Sam Singer and Grant Mullins added 11 points apiece for the Golden Bears.Princeton took a 46-44 lead following Henry Carusos 3-pointer from the left corner with 7:45 left to play, but California answered with an 11-1 run that was capped by a backdoor reverse layup by Bird off an assist from Moore.I thought they made some really big plays down the stretch -- about three or four big plays and we really struggled in that little window there and that was the difference in the game, Princeton coach Mitch Henderson said.Devin Cannady scored 16 points and Spencer Weisz added 10 for the Tigers (2-4).Princeton closed out the first half on a 4-0 run to take a 20-18 lead into halftime.There were 12 ties and 15 lead changes in the game.California dominated Princeton in both points in thhe paint (34-12) and bench scoring (24-7). Cheap Nike KD Shoes. BIG PICTURECalifornia: The Golden Bears were a woeful 10 of 23 from the free-throw line. They made just 1 of 3 from the charity stripe in the first half and only 9 of 20 in the second. They entered the game averaging 67.5 percent for the season.Princeton: The Tigers came into the contest averaging 9.6 3-pointers made per game, but made just 1 of 11 attempts from behind the arc in the first half and finished 6 of 26 for the game.STAR WATCHCalifornia super sophomore Ivan Rabb missed his first five shots from the field and didnt score his first points until the 18:57 mark of the second half. Rabb, a 6-foot-11, 220-pound forward, was averaging 19.8 points per game. He finished with a season-low six points, but had a game-high 11 rebounds.SALUTE THE TROOPSThis is second consecutive year the Pearl Harbor Invitational is being held at Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam and at historic Bloch Arena, which withstood the attacks of Dec. 7, 1941. Wednesday marks the 75th anniversary of that day.Uniformed service personnel from all four branches of the military were in attendance at the 2,500-seat, open air arena for Tuesdays doubleheader, which featured Seton Hall and Hawaii in the nightcap.To see service men and women in the stands today in uniform and the colors come on the floor means a lot, Henderson said. Its a little bit of a different kind of trip, but in a really special way. We love it. Were disappointed with the loss, but this was really meaningful for us.UP NEXTCalifornia will look to extend its win streak to six games when it takes on Seton Hall Wednesday.Princeton will play Wednesday against Hawaii, the first time the two schools have met. ' ' '