The Bahrain GP weekend is live on Sky Sports F1. | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
wzh123 Mai 24 '19
Its difficult to make a boxing movie that feels real to regular audiences, let alone to actual fighters themselves. Air Jordan 5 UK Sale . In recent years, as many of these films have come to the big screen, far too many have focused on the spectacle of the megafight that very few boxers ever experience and a glossy version of fame and fortune enjoyed be even fewer.With Bleed for This -- the life story of Vinny Paz who may well have achieved the greatest sports comeback of all time by winning a boxing world championship after breaking his neck in a car accident -- director Ben Younger has thankfully reversed this trend.Everything that viewers see feels real, because it is real.From the opening scene showing Paz with his body wrapped in saran wrap while furiously riding a stationary bike in his hotel room to make weight moments before his weigh-in, through the numerous training scenes in dusty, tired gyms and basements and even with the climactic victory over Roberto Duran, any fighter will tell you that all 116 minutes of the film were entirely authentic.How do I know? I experienced almost everything you see in the film. Having fought in six different weight divisions, from junior lightweight to middleweight, weight issues are one of those things that most casual boxing fans dont see or understand. My career began in the worn down Resurrection Gym in Boyle Heights, Los Angeles, and each time I won a big fight, the feeling was nothing short of heaven.The fights themselves -- long a joke in the boxing community given that any fighter who absorbed the over-dramatic blows featured in most films would end up mangled beyond recognition -- also come off as legitimate. While watching the opening bout of the film between Vinny and Roger Mayweather, I could almost feel every punch that Vinny absorbed in defeat, and like Vinny, those shots only made me want to fight harder.And then theres the other side of the big bombs that the fighters throw. Boxing is actually largely a sport of defense and all of the actors learned how to move, keep their hands up, bob and weave just like we all do it in the gym and on fight night. Oftentimes my best offense was indeed a good defense.And then there are the actors. Miles Teller, known primarily for his role as a skinny drummer in Whiplash, has incredibly transformed himself into a rock-solid brawler able to pull off a boxer, nicknamed The Pazmanian Devil, who had a trademark of beating himself in the head mid-fight. And Aaron Eckhart, normally a traditional, clean-cut leading man, is a dead ringer for legendary trainer Kevin Rooney, right down to the beer gut, bald spot and Staten Island accent.So how do you make a boxing movie that actually can appeal to boxers and general audiences? Its actually simple -- involve people who know the sport.Legendary trainer Freddie Roach and longtime boxing writer Tim Struby served as consultants on the film, and then there was the decision to involve Paz himself. During Canelo Alvarezs last bout in Dallas this past September, I had the opportunity to spend some time with Vinny, who flew in to see the fight, and let me say, few boxers encapsulate a true fighter better than the five-time champ.For all of Pazs big personality, the man knows the ins and outs of boxing cold and is able to explain the realities of the fight game in the way only a former fighter can.Perhaps the best validation for the film comes from young fighters looking to become a champion like Paz. Six fighters from my Golden Boy Promotions stable attended the Los Angeles premier last week.To a fighter, they said it was the most genuine boxing movie theyd ever seen. And I agree.Oscar De La Hoya is a 10-time boxing world champion in six weight divisions. He is now chairman and CEO of Golden Boy Promotions. Air Jordan 5 Wholesale . -- Ryan Getzlaf grabbed the three pucks wrapped in tape and held them up to his chest in the Anaheim Ducks dressing room for a celebration nine seasons in the making. Cheap Air Jordan 5 UK . Hazard cut in from the left and scored with a swerving right-footed shot for ninth goal of the season, which proved to be enough for the victory despite Chelseas forwards again lacking a cutting edge up front. http://www.airjordan5uk.com/ . On Tuesday, Ottawa placed forward Cory Conacher and defenceman Joe Corvo on waivers as trade rumours swirl around the Senators.Bernie Ecclestone believes F1 can still salvage the good from elimination-style qualifying as chiefs vote on what system is used for the Bahrain GP. F1s new-for-2016 qualifying format was panned by drivers, leading team bosses and fans following its introduction in Australia with pole position settled with four minutes of the final session still to run.Team bosses unanimously voted to revert to 2015s rules from the Bahrain GP during a meeting in Melbourne on race-day morning. However, it has since emerged that the 90-second elimination format could be retained in some form for Bahrain. Sky Sports News HQ understands the Strategy Group and F1 Commission are conducting e-votes on Thursday, with the second vote to take place in late afternoon.The teams are discussing that [qualifying] and they want to go back, Ecclestone told Italys Gazzetta dello Sport.If I were to give an opinion, I would say we will continue with the format from Australia. After a unanimous decision from fans and team principals that it wasnt successful, F1s new qualifying format has been scrapped The F1 supremo added: I aam a prudent man, and new things must be tested. Air Jordan 5 Cheap. The new qualifying caused a bit of shock, but maybe we can salvage the good of the format.One suggestion is for a halfway house solution whereby Q1 and Q2 remain under the new elimination rules while Q3 reverts to the more established format.The idea of stopping the 90-second eliminations after Q2 and running Q3 under the old rules was first floated by team managers during a meeting with FIA race director Charlie Whiting during the second Barcelona test, only for the original idea to be voted through. When is Bahrain GP on Sky? All the times you need for the second race of the 2016 season. Although F1 teams agreed to drop the new format last Sunday, the F1 Commission still has to formally agree to any changes. The World Motor Sport Council would then deliver the final ratification for the new rules ahead of next weeks Bahrain GP. The F1 Commission represents a wider group of interests, including race promoters, sponsors and tyre supplier Pirelli, and team bosses had suggested that promoters had been keen on the elimination system.The Bahrain GP weekend is live on Sky Sports F1. The race begins at 4pm on Sunday April 3, with build-up underway from 2.30pm. Every race live in 2016 Sky Sports F1 brings you every race live in 2016. Fast and easy online upgrade - click here. Also See: Mercedes v Ferrari analysed The F1 Gossip Column ' ' '