lar case you cant afford not to have Tony ready.Jones, who gave Romo the first $100 | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Mai 27 '19
Four days after Larry Drew was replaced in Atlanta, the Milwaukee Bucks have swooped in to scoop him up. China Shoes Outlet . The Bucks announced Friday that they have reached an agreement to hire Drew as their new head coach. According to ESPN, the deal is worth $10 million over four years. General manager John Hammond said Drews track record in Atlanta and experience as an assistant coach and former player made him the right choice. "We look forward to what he will bring to this franchise and we welcome him and his family to Milwaukee," Hammond said. Drew will replace interim coach Jim Boylan, who stepped in after the Bucks and Scott Skiles parted ways Jan. 8. Drew was 128-102 in Atlanta, and the Hawks reached the post-season in each of his three seasons. But general manager Danny Ferry, who inherited Drew when he took over last year, opted to let the coach go after the season as he continues his overhaul of the Hawks. Milwaukee made the playoffs this year for the first time since 2010, only to be swept by the Miami Heat. The sweep was part of a late-season collapse that cost Boylan any chance of getting the Bucks job permanently. After being two games over .500 on March 19, Milwaukee won just four of its last 16 regular-season games. It was Milwaukees third straight year with a losing record, and eighth time in the last nine years. Drew does not have the name recognition of Jerry Sloan or Stan Van Gundy, both of whom the Bucks tried to lure out of retirement. But he left Atlanta with a winning record, and consistently got more out of his teams than many expected. In his first season, the Hawks upset Dwight Howard and the Orlando Magic in the first round of the playoffs, then took the Chicago Bulls to six games in the Eastern Conference semifinals. His understated demeanour could be just what the Bucks need, too, after a tumultuous season that included Skiles departure, a mid-season trade that sent promising young forward Tobias Harris to Orlando for J.J. Redick, and the implosion down the stretch that many blamed on players being more concerned with their own futures than the teams results. Redick and Mike Dunleavy are unrestricted free agents, while Brandon Jennings is a restricted free agent. Monta Ellis has until June 20 to exercise an $11 million player option. Drew faced similar challenges in Atlanta, where Ferry was brought in to remake the team in the hope of reviving a stagnant franchise. Despite going 84-64 in his first two seasons and reaching the playoffs both years, Drew was not offered an extension last summer. An assistant to previous coach Mike Woodson who moved up when his boss was fired in 2010, he was seen as part of the old regime. With his contract expiring June 30, Drew was essentially a lame duck this season -- and having only three players who were under contract for the upcoming season didnt help. Still, Atlanta finished 44-38 before losing to Indiana in six games in the first round of the playoffs. "I thought we had a really good season given what our circumstances were. They werent the best," Drew said after the Hawks were eliminated. "Whether Im back here or not, I dont know. The one thing I will say is Ive had a great run here." Ferry hired San Antonio Spurs assistant Mike Budenholzer to replace Drew. Drew inherits a Bucks squad that has plenty of potential -- but two major questions in the status of Ellis and Jennings. The two led the Bucks in scoring -- Ellis averaged 19.2 points per game, Jennings 17.5 -- and combined for almost 37 per cent of Milwaukees points. They also led the team in assists and minutes. But the Bucks have good, young players in Larry Sanders, Ersan Ilyasova and John Henson, as well as the 15th pick in the June 27 draft. Sanders made huge strides in his third season, more than doubling his scoring average (9.8 points) and grabbing more rebounds (672) than he had in his first two years combined. Henson, a rookie, showed his potential with a monster game April 10 in Orlando, flirting with a triple-double with 25 rebounds, 17 points and seven blocks. Ilyasova averaged a career-best 13.2 points and seven rebounds, while Luc Mbah a Moute has emerged as a standout defender. With more than $20 million in cap room, Milwaukee has money to spend on free agents, too. Now its up to Drew to do something with it. Cheap New Balance Shoes China . -- Al Jefferson found a groove just in time for the Charlotte Bobcats. China Shoes Sale . But when it comes to determining if Raymond will find a place on the Leafs roster when training camp concludes in a week, well, that decision will ultimately fall to the head coach. http://www.cheapshoeschinaonline.com/ .com) - Richie Incognito has reportedly been admitted to a psychiatric care unit in Arizona. FRISCO, Texas -- Tony Romos future in Dallas isnt really a question in the mind of Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones.Even though the 36-year-old quarterback has lost his starting job to rookie Dak Prescott, the idea of him moving on in the offseason is not a consideration, according to Jones.Two days after Romo conceded the No. 1 job to Prescott in what some viewed as a farewell speech , Jones said Thursday it was not a goodbye. The Dallas owner believes Romo is still capable of leading a team to the Super Bowl, perhaps even the Cowboys.I think Tony has got five years left of really competing for a Super Bowl, Jones said . I believe Tony will be the quarterback on a Super Bowl team. I believe that strongly. Were talking generic now, and I have no plans for him not to be part of the Dallas Cowboys. Not a consideration.While Romo was sidelined by a back injury sustained in a preseason game, Prescott led Dallas to eight straight wins, tying a franchise season mark, and the best record in the NFL at 8-1. The Cowboys host Baltimore (5-4) on Sunday.Asked if Romo still had the motivation to be ready if called upon after 10 years as the starter, Jones said he viewed Romos heartfelt statement as a signal that was ready.What you saw the other day in my mind was him turning it on, Jones said. He is vested completely in being a part of a winning team. He wants to do any and everything he can do. The old adage is if we asked him to be the water boy, he wants to drown them with the water.The Cowboys are trying to get Romo more work in practice as the backup than they did Mark Sanchez, who is now the third-stringer. Romo has played just four games in the past 14 months.But part of the reason Dallas wont have an open competition at quarterback in the middle of the season is the importance of making sure Prescott gets enough repetitions.Youu split reps and its really hard, offensive coordinator Scott Linehan said. Cheap Saucony Shoes China. . When youre in a position where we are, weve won eight games in a row, you start to break up some of that. You risk that with the rhythm of the team. It really has nothing to do with the ability of the player.At the same time, Jones wants to make sure Romo gets enough work.I really dont want to sit here and think that we got two quarterbacks ready to play and one of them not be ready because he didnt take some snaps out there, Jones said. I think in this particular case you cant afford not to have Tony ready.Jones, who gave Romo the first $100 million contract in franchise history and stuck with him through many disappointments over the past decade, said it wasnt difficult to tell Romo he would have to be the backup.I just have to really pinch myself we are in that shape with Dak Prescott playing at his level and Tony Romo healthy and ready to go, Jones said. He is competing. He is getting the snaps. The team is getting used to him. Hes getting ready to play.Game notes Jones said linebacker Rolando McClain is in shape to play but will likely remain on the reserve-did not report list next week when he is eligible to return from a 10-game suspension for violating the NFLs substance-abuse policy. Jones didnt rule out McClain playing this season. Rolando is really somebody who helped us when he was here, but I really dont want to get into when or if he might be joining us, Jones said. Yes, he does want to play, but there is more detail that Im not going to get into right now.---For more NFL coverage: http://www.pro32.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP-NFL---Follow Schuyler Dixon on Twitter at https://twitter.com/apschuyler ' ' '