acobelli in Columbia, South Carolina, con | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Mai 30 '19
LOS ANGELES -- Kris Medlen grew up in Southern California and made frequent trips to Dodger Stadium. Soccer Jerseys Clearance . Saturday night, in his second career start at Chavez Ravine, the Atlanta Braves right-hander had the best of both worlds on the mound and at the plate. Medlen pitched 6 2-3 scoreless innings and hit his first major league home run, Dan Uggla also went deep, and the Braves continued their recent stretch of dominant starting pitching in a 2-1 victory. "Every time I come here in a cab or on the team bus, it brings back memories of my dad or my uncle taking me to games," Medlen said. "It couldnt have been a better day. And most importantly, we got the win, which was awesome. For me to hit my first home run here, Im on Cloud 9." Medlen (3-6) scattered five hits, struck out six and allowed only one baserunner as far as third. That was in the sixth inning, when the right-hander retired Andre Ethier on a flyball to shallow centre field and fanned Scott Van Slyke after Nick Punto led off with a double and advanced on a groundout by Adrian Gonzalez. Medlen has won back-to-back starts for the first time this season, and has a 2.87 ERA over his first 13 starts. Last year he was 9-0 with a 0.97 ERA in 12 regular-season starts after being inserted into the rotation on July 31. Atlantas rotation has yielded just three runs in 31 1-3 innings spanning the teams last five games. "Our starting pitchings been the backbone of this team," Uggla said. "Theyve been so consistent and kept us in ballgames, and they battle. Theyve just done an amazing job, going deep into games and taking a little stress off of our bullpen." Dodgers shortstop Hanley Ramirez, hobbled by a troublesome left hamstring, pinch hit for the third straight night and greeted Jordan Walden with an RBI single in the eighth. The unearned run was charged to Luis Avilan, after a throwing error by shortstop Andrelton Simmons on an attempted double-play relay to first base. Craig Kimbrel pitched a scoreless ninth for his 18th save in 21 attempts. Stephen Fife (1-1) allowed two runs and nine hits with seven strikeouts in his third start of the season and second since getting recalled from Triple-A Albuquerque to replace the injured Chris Capuano in the Dodgers rotation. "I started trying to do too much in terms of effort level, and things went side to side instead of up and down," Fife said. "A hanging breaking ball to Dan Uggla, I can probably live with that one. But that mis-located fastball to a pitcher is probably one Id like to have back." Uggla led off the fifth with his 11th homer on an 0-2 pitch, and Medlen hit a 1-0 delivery just over the right field fence two batters later. "Theres no way he could have hit that homer without seeing me do it first. Im taking all the credit," Uggla deadpanned. "He stole my thunder. But that was cool. Every pitcher wants to hit a homer. Its something that hell remember for the rest of his life, and it was fun to watch it." Yasiel Puig continued to shine for the Dodgers in his first week in the major leagues. He got two more hits along with his second outfield assist, charging Jason Heywards single to right field in the fifth and firing a seed to third baseman Luis Cruz on the fly to nab Simmons as he tried to advance two bases. "It reminds you of an Ichiro (Suzuki) or Jeff Francoeur type of arm," Fife said. "You just watch it happen and go: Wow, thats pretty good. Were definitely watching something special with him." In six games so far, the Cuban-born phenom is 10 for 23 in the leadoff spot with 10 RBIs and four home runs -- including an opposite-field grand slam. Simmons drove Fifes second pitch of the game to left-centre for a double, Heyward walked and Justin Upton advanced the runners with a sacrifice bunt -- only the third of his seven-year career and first in 1,559 plate appearances since his previous one on Sept. 14, 2010. But Fife escaped the jam, throwing called third strikes past Freddie Freeman and Brian McCann. "In that situation, we had first and second with no outs and I thought I could load the bases right there with a bunt because they were playing back," Upton said. "I squared around late enough to get a base hit if I got the bunt down in the right area. And if it doesnt work out, we still have second and third with Freddie and McCann swinging a hot bat." NOTES: Upton has gone 49 official at-bats without an RBI since his run-scoring double against Dillon Gee on May 25 at New York. He has only one in 72 at-bats since his five-RBI game against the Dodgers on May 17 in Atlanta. ... The Dodgers have had 10 rookies of the year who were position players, and none of them came close to the start that Puig has gotten off to with the four homers coming in his first 19 at bats. Mike Piazza needed 96 at-bats to get his second home run, Raul Mondesi 65, Frank Howard 49 and Jackie Robinson 120. ... The Dodgers are expected to place LHP Ted Lilly on the 15-day disabled list on Sunday because of neck soreness. RHP Matt Magill will be recalled from Triple-A to start the series finale instead against LHP Mike Minor. ... The Dodgers brought Old-Timers Day back to Chavez Ravine for the first time since 1995, marking 50 years since the Dodgers four-game World Series sweep of the Yankees. A "Whos Who" of Dodgers and Yankees from World Series past were on hand -- including Sandy Koufax, Goose Gossage, Dwight Gooden and Chris Chambliss. Cheap Borussia Dortmund Jerseys China . A forerunning sled crashed into the worker Thursday at the Sanki Sliding Center. The unidentified worker broke both legs and was airlifted to a nearby hospital. Stitched Soccer Jerseys . -- In one brief spurt, Brazil turned a close game into a rout and proved again it will be a strong World Cup favourite. http:///...seys-china_116s.html . The 29-year-old Baines has established himself as one of the top attacking full backs in the country and was the subject of two bids from United during the last off-season. Everton manager Roberto Martinez says that keeping Baines at the club is a "massive boost and exciting for the future" because he brings "maturity and football knowledge in a very specialized position on the pitch" and an "infectious and positive influence to the rest of the squad. Mississippi States first game without star quarterback Dak Prescott was a dud.The offense stalled, the defense gave up big plays and special teams had crucial errors in a stunning 21-20 home loss to South Alabama. Now coach Dan Mullen is trying to figure out some answers before Mississippi State (0-1) opens Southeastern Conference play against South Carolina (1-0) on Saturday.There are issues everywhere that weve got to get fixed, Mullen said.Mississippi State had a productive offense the last two seasons largely thanks to Prescott, who is about to make his first NFL start with the Dallas Cowboys on Sunday. Prescott was a perfect fit for Mullens version of the spread offense -- gifted at running and throwing while making quick decisions with the ball.Now the Bulldogs -- who blew a 17-0 halftime lead on Saturday -- are trying to run the same offense with quarterbacks Damian Williams and Nick Fitzgerald.Through one game, the results werent pretty. The Bulldogs had 382 total yards and scored just three points in the second half against a Conference USA defense.If you look at grades, guys actually graded pretty well and did a good job, Mullen said. Then there would be a glaring critical error at a key moment of the game.Williams played most of the game under center and had some success, completing 20 of 28 passes for 143 yards and a touchdown while also running for 93 yards.But the 6-foot-1, 229-pound junior isnt much of a threat to throw deep down the field. Once South Alabama figured that out, the Jaguars were able to contain the Bulldogs short passes and running plays.South Carolina coach Will Muschamp said Mississippi States offense hasnt changed much, though it was obvious that Presscotts talent is hard to duplicate. Discount Soccer Jerseys. chematically, theyve been very successful over the years, Muschamp said. They tailor their system to what their quarterback can do. Theyre not going to give that quarterback as much as they gave Dak.Fitzgerald -- who started against South Alabama -- has a better arm and would be more likely to give Mississippi State a vertical passing option. But the sophomore missed on his first three passes of the afternoon and was quickly benched.Mullen didnt give many clues about who would play on Saturday.Everybody competes every single week for us, Mullen said. Well see how everybody does in practice this week.Mississippi States defense and special teams could use some improvement as well. The Bulldogs are young in the secondary and gave up several big plays in the second half. South Alabama quarterback Dallas Davis -- a sophomore making his first career start -- threw for 285 yards and two touchdowns.Mississippi State kicker Westin Graves made a career-long 48-yard field goal in the game, but also missed a 28-yarder in the final seconds that would have given the Bulldogs the win. It bounced off the left upright.Its the consistency of performance, Mullen said. Not `Can we do it? We can do it, because weve shown that we can do it. We have to do it every single snap of the game and have a consistent performance.---AP Sports Writer Pete Iacobelli in Columbia, South Carolina, contributed to this story.---Follow David Brandt on Twitter: www.twitter.com/davidbrandtAP . AP College Football website: www.collegefootball.ap.org . ' ' '