kind of shows what were capable of. | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Jun 3 '19
MEXICO CITY -- While dealing with a green laser shining in Brock Osweilers eye and the high elevation unique to a game in Mexico City, the Houston Texans feel like a few questionable spots by the officials on a key fourth-quarter drive made the difference in their loss to Oakland. Cheap Juventus Jerseys China .Derek Carr threw his second touchdown pass of the fourth quarter shortly after a disputed fourth-down stop and the Oakland Raiders went on to beat the Texans 27-20 on Monday night in the second regular season game played in Mexico.Very tough loss, defensive end Jadeveon Clowney said. We should have won the game. We are trying to win every game. You dont leave the game in the refs hands.The contest turned midway through the fourth quarter on a matter of inches for the Texans (6-4). On a third-and-2 from the Oakland 16, Lamar Miller ran wide and appeared to get the first down before being tackled by Malcolm Smith. But the officials spotted it short of the marker and coach Bill OBrien opted not to challenge.OBrien then went for it on fourth-and-inches instead of kicking the go-ahead field goal. Akeem Hunt ran up the middle and the Texans thought he got the first down, only to have it marked about an inch short . OBrien challenged this time but with no clear angle, the play was not overturned.I felt like we needed a touchdown there and obviously we did, OBrien said. And so we went for it. Thought we had it, looked like it was clear that we had it, so I challenged it and they said we didnt have it. They said the call on the field stands, so I dont know.Five plays later, Carr connected on a 35-yard touchdown pass to Amari Cooper that gave the Raiders (8-2) a 27-20 lead and sent them to their fourth straight win.The Texans were on the wrong side of another close call in the first quarter when DeAndre Hopkins took a short pass from Osweiler and ran into the end zone. But officials ruled he stepped out at the Oakland 36 after a gain of 24. The Texans were unable to challenge the play because it was blown dead and they settled for a field goal on that drive.I think weve really got to look at all those things, OBrien said. Weve got all these cameras and we cant get that right? I didnt think Hopkins was out of bounds, but the whistle had blown, so I couldnt challenge that play.While the disputed calls might have had a bigger impact, the green laser that kept shining in Osweilers eyes might have been the oddest part of a festive game at Azteca Stadium.I never want to say one things a difference maker, but certainly having a laser zoomed in your eyeball definitely affects how you play a game, Osweiler said.Fans here have used the laser to try to distract opponents during World Cup qualifiers, but it caught some of these football players off guard.Yeah, that was kind of weird, Raiders pass rusher Khalil Mack said. I saw that and I thought I was in the Twilight Zone.While the field was a bit slippery at times and the altitude did play a factor , the first game in Mexico City since 2005 was otherwise mostly a success.It was largely a pro-Raiders crowd of 76,743 with a sizable contingent of Texans fans and a smattering of jerseys from other teams mixed in. What was originally scheduled as an Oakland home game featured Raiders music during stoppages, frequent RAI-DERS! chants and Tommie Smith lighting the Al Davis torch in a memorable return to Mexico City nearly a half-century after his Black Power salute at the 1968 Olympics.The Raider Nation showed up tonight, coach Jack Del Rio said. I want to send a shoutout to the fans that showed up. It was a great atmosphere to play in.On a less celebratory note, there were also some homophobic chants during kickoffs like the ones used at soccer games on some goal kicks. Mexicos soccer federation has been punished by FIFA in the past for the chant during World Cup qualifiers.Players on both teams were in favor of more games here in the future.It was great, Clowney said. All the NFL setup was great. Most of our fan base is Hispanic, so why not bring the game to them?---For more NFL coverage: http://www.pro32.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP-NFL Cheap Barcelona Jerseys China . Artturi Lehkonen, Joni Nikko and Ville Leskinen had the other goals for Finland (1-0) while Juuse Saros stopped 28 shots. Tim Robin Johnsgard had the lone goal for Norway (0-2). Soccer Jerseys Clearance . -- Canadian Andrew Wiggins got the ball on the wing, made a nifty spin move and then let go with a soft floater from about 10 feet that swished through the net in Allen Fieldhouse. http:///...rseys-china_96s.html . Listen to the game live on TSN Radio 1050 at 7pm et. The Raptors traded Rudy Gay, Quincy Acy and Aaron Gray to the Sacramento Kings on Monday, in exchange for Greivis Vasquez, John Salmons, Patrick Patterson and Chuck Hayes. Mississippi States season looked bleak during a rough October that included three straight losses.Then, seemingly out of nowhere, came the Bulldogs 35-28 win over then-No. 7 Texas A&M on Saturday.The only person who didnt seem particularly surprised by the performance was Mississippi State coach Dan Mullen, who said the Bulldogs have always had talent, but were struggling with consistency.We knew we had a really young roster going into the year and with certain injuries happening, it made us even younger, Mullen said. Those guys are getting more comfortable in making plays out there on the field.Many of Mississippi States best players are young. Theyll get a huge challenge on Saturday, when the Bulldogs (4-5, 2/3 Southeastern Conference) travel to face No. 1 Alabama (9-0, 6-0) in Tuscaloosa.Sophomore quarterback Nick Fitzgerald continued his breakout season with one of his best performances against Texas A&M. The 6-foot-5, 230-pounder threw for 209 yards and two touchdowns while also running for 182 yards and ??? touchdowns.His only costly mistakes were two interceptions that ended promising drives. Mullen said those moments are frustrating, but hes pleased that Fitzgerald isnt making the same mistake twice. Now, heading into his 10th career start, hes become one of the best dual-threat players in the conference.The number of plays he is making is increasing because of his comfort in his decision making, Mullen said.He was helped against Texas A&M by fellow sophomore Aeris Williams, who ran for a career-high 140 yards and a touchdown on Saturday.The Fitzzgerald-Williams combination on read-option plays gave Texas A&M trouble all afternoon and it was reminiscent of 2014, when quarterback Dak Prescott and running back Josh Robinson sliced through opposing defenses on the way to the programs first No. Cheap Soccer Jerseys Outlet. 1 ranking in school history.There were many other reasons for Mississippi States surprising victory over the Aggies, including a vast improvement from the offensive line and the secondary.Sophomore safety Mark McLaurin had a sack early in the game and grabbed an interception late in the game that stopped Texas A&M final drive and sealed the win for the Bulldogs.Mullen said the spectacular plays are nice -- whether its on offense on defense -- but the reason the Bulldogs were able to win was improved fundamentals on routine plays.We didnt make a lot of mistakes, we ran the ball and we didnt miss tackles, Mullen said. Guys were where they were supposed to be when they were supposed to be there.That may or may not be enough to beat No. 1 Alabama, which has won eight straight in the series, including four in a row in Tuscaloosa. But after the win against A&M, at least the Bulldogs have some confidence.It means a lot, linebacker Richie Brown said following Saturdays win. It kind of shows what were capable of. And we knew it. When we play well, we can beat anybody on any given Saturday.--More AP college football at www.collegefootball.ap.org and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25 . ' ' '