hey can start tomorrow ... theyve lost a little bit of | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
q123 Jun 4 '19
GREEN BAY, Wis. Custom Athletics T-shirts . -- The way Aaron Rodgers hobbled down the field to get the Green Bay Packers in position to stop the clock and set up their game-winning field goal, it looked like the quarterbacks strained right calf was still an issue.A day later, the Packers say otherwise.The early indication is hes better today than he was going into the game, coach Mike McCarthy said Monday, one day after a 30-27 victory over the Chicago Bears. We feel good about that.Rodgers scrambled three times for 19 yards against the Bears, a week after he first sustained the injury on the third play from scrimmage against the Seattle Seahawks. After Sundays win, Rodgers said his calf injury was no worse for the wear.It actually felt a little better as the game wore on and had some heat on it, he said. As the adrenaline got going, I felt like I was able to do a little more than I expected coming into the game, so I definitely didnt take any steps back.The win, combined with losses by the Minnesota Vikings and Detroit Lions, put the NFC North back in the Packers hands. At 8-6, they can take the division if they win their final two games -- at home against Minnesota on Saturday and at Detroit on Jan. 1.McCarthy said Rodgers, who did not practice much -- if at all -- last week, was actually more mobile than he expected him to be against the Bears.I didnt expect him to move like that, McCarthy said after the game. I didnt think he would come out of the pocket. Its tough when you dont practice.Rodgers?60-yard throw to Jordy Nelson?set up the winning field goal. One play earlier, the Packers lost both of their starting guards, T.J. Lang and Lane Taylor, who collided during a screen pass. Yet the Packers had no trouble with protection or communication when Jason Spriggs replaced Lang at right guard and Don Barclay?took over for Taylor at left guard.McCarthy said Monday that Lang (back) and Taylor (hip) appear to have avoided serious injuries.The injuries gave McCarthy, Rodgers and quarterbacks coach Alex Van Pelt more time to consider what to do on the third-and-11 play that resulted in the long pass to Nelson, setting the stage for?Mason Crosbys last-second, 32-yard field goal.Aaron came over [to the sideline], and [one] suggestion was just to let it run down and go into overtime, McCarthy said Monday. But -- actually, Alex Van Pelt and I -- I said, I like the play call and lets take a shot at it.You can see he didnt break em out of the huddle immediately, so we kind of played it where we were going to leave, whatever how many seconds there were, [not] the whole time on the clock if we didnt convert.. ... The protection, the route combination and really Jordy setting that angle where Aaron can throw him open, and its obviously a great throw. Just execution.And I think the biggest play was ... not only after the completion of the play but just getting it all coordinated, make sure we had 11 [guys on the field] and getting Aaron taking the play clock down there to three seconds and then setting it up for Masons two kicks. Authentic Custom Athletics Jersey . The 29-year-old Baines has established himself as one of the top attacking full backs in the country and was the subject of two bids from United during the last off-season. Everton manager Roberto Martinez says that keeping Baines at the club is a "massive boost and exciting for the future" because he brings "maturity and football knowledge in a very specialized position on the pitch" and an "infectious and positive influence to the rest of the squad. Custom Athletics Jerseys . -- Vincent Lecavalier got everything but the desired result in his return to Tampa Bay. http:///...ersey-large-75c.html .com) - The Edmonton Oilers and Vancouver Canucks both take aim at their first wins of the season on Saturday, as the Canucks open their home slate at Rogers Arena. Melbourne Victory goalscoring machine Archie Thompson has endorsed Besart Berisha to claim his A-League goalscoring record in Saturdays Melbourne derby.The Albanian striker needs one goal to reach Thompsons tally of 90 A-League goals and the ex-Socceroo signalled his support for the changing of the guard that could come against rivals Melbourne City.If anyones going to take my record ... I wish itd be Bes and its going to be Bes, he told SEN on Friday morning.He lives and breathes for the game. Hes the ultimate professional.Hes got a year left with Victory and he can play on for a few more years.Hell take it tomorrow, hopefully.Thompson was magnanimous on the airwaves but his former coach Kevin Muscat mischievously said there might be a swirling of emotions.I think secretly he might be a little bit disappointed, Muscat said.Hell revert back to the Bes takes penalties and he never did (argument).Muscat said there hadnt been a focus on the record at the club through the week, and the 31-year-old wasnt either.Put it this way, I dont think he could think about scoring goals more than he already does, Muscat said.In six A-League seasons, Berisha has netted 89 goals, including 48 in three seasons at Brisbane when he sat at thhe apex of the Roars imperious strike force. Wholesale Custom Athletics Shirts. Muscat successfully lured the hitman south on a marquee deal, where he helped Victory lift the 2014/15 A-League double.In that season, Thompson and Berisha combined with aplomb.Berisha scored 15 times, while Thompson, playing on the wing or in Berishas absence up front, enjoyed his best season in five campaigns, scoring 11 times.Thompson said there were no hard feelings about losing the signature record.Records are meant to be broken. Its what impact youve had on the sport which is your legacy, he said.The career Victory man said Muscats side - which currently sit third in the league with a game in hand - were not yet hitting their full potential this campaign.Victory have been under the radar because they havent been performing well but theyre picking up points, he said.When they start to perform theyre going to be very scary.Hopefully they can start tomorrow ... theyve lost a little bit of (derby) bragging rights.Thompsons prediction is for a 2-1 Victory win - with a Berisha double - that would mean the end of his record-owning stint. ' ' '