best day in tennis: The second Monday of Wimbledon is | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
q123 Jun 4 '19
                                      Newly re-signed Adelaide Crows forward Josh Jenkins says his sense of belonging at West Lakes and the lure of getting his name written on his locker were major reasons behind his decision to recommit to the club. Cheap Custom Blue Jays Jersey .Jenkins, 27, on Thursday signed a lucrative five-year deal with Adelaide, ensuring he will remain at West Lakes until at least 2021.That was despite a significant play from Brisbane Lions, and ESPN understands several other clubs also showed strong interest in Jenkins.But the power forward -- who is fourth in the Coleman Medal race with 44 goals, and is also fourth in the AFL for goal assists (18) -- said he never seriously considered a move away from Adelaide.Jenkins said he wanted to be settled in one place after growing up in a foster family in Swan Hill and moving regularly through his early years.The reality is, I didnt want to move, Jenkins told ESPN.Being at the Crows makes me feel loved and wanted. I bounced around a lot as a young kid -- Swan Hill, Townsville, Mackay, Melbourne, Mount Gambier and Adelaide -- thats a lot of moving around for a young guy; I hadnt really been settled in one place before.It was important to me to feel settled, which I have felt since I arrived in Adelaide, but I didnt want to move somewhere else again.Most guys, even in suburban or country footy, if they have a home club, they get to go back there and theyll always know a bunch of people. Ill now be able to do that here.Id love to one day become a life member [at Adelaide], but at worst, Ill hopefully play 100 games and get my name on my locker and be a part of Adelaides history.That was as important as anything else -- that sense of belonging, especially with my background and where Ive come from.Jenkins was originally drafted by Essendon as a rookie in late 2010 before joining Adelaide during the 2011 trade period.He said the public nature of his contract negotiations had weighed on his mind this year, adding the major emotion he felt in signing the new deal was relief.The high-flying Crows are on the hunt for their ninth straight win when they take on fellow premiership aspirants Geelong at Simonds Stadium on Saturday, with victory to either side set to prove crucial in the race to the finals.Jenkins said he believed Adelaide had a legitimate chance of pushing for a flag this year, and throughout the length of his contract.I feel like Im playing the best footy Ive ever played, and the way the club plays helps me too, he said.Were arguably playing the best footy in the competition at the moment and hopefully this year, and the next four or five, we can really achieve something. Itd be tough to miss out on that. Blue Jays Jerseys China . -- Chicago Bears cornerback Tim Jennings was selected Monday to his second straight Pro Bowl, while guard Kyle Long made it after a solid rookie season. Authentic Custom Blue Jays Jersey . Pettersen, winner of last years Evian Championships, had nine birdies and three bogeys, holding off a series of challengers led by Marion Ricordeau of France. The second-ranked Norwegian made her season debut after missing the LPGA Tours opening event last month in the Bahamas because of a shoulder injury. http://www.custombluejaysjersey.com/ . -- The Bishops Gaiters are showing they belong among the countrys top varsity football teams. WIMBLEDON -- Who needs a day off from tennis? Its a rare Middle Sunday at Wimbledon, otherwise known as the Peoples Sunday, the first extra session in 12 years.Here are the top 10 things to know about what should be an entertaining day at the All England Club:1. The third round wraps up: There are 12 matches on the schedule (six men, six women). By the end of the day, well be caught up after days of rain and down to the last 16 in both draws.2. A rare extra session: Only three previous times has rain forced play on Middle Sunday: 1991, 1997 and 2004. There were 22 matches played in 2004.3. Been there, done that: Two players who took the court in the 2004 Middle Sunday are playing again on this Sunday: Serena Williams (who played Magui Serna in 2004) and Feliciano Lopez (who played Ivo Karlovic in 2004).4. Well, there was one more ... in the juniors: Juan Martin del Potro, who will continue his third-round match against Lucas Pouille?on Sunday, played Nick Cavaday in boys singles 12 years ago.5. Serena going for milestone win: A victory against Germanys Annika Beck would mark Serena Williams 300th Grand Slam match win. If she pulls through, Williams will pass Chris Evert for the second-most such wins. (Martina Navratilova holds the record with 306.)6. Onlly two Germans have beaten Serena at a major: No, its not Steffi Graf, but Sabine Lisicki (2013 Wimbledon) and Angelique Kerber (2016 Australian Open) who took out the current world No. Custom Blue Jays Jersey China. 1.7. Coco Vandeweghe hasnt lost to a top-10 player this year: Shes 3-0 against Belinda Bencic (Doha), Carla Suarez Navarro (Miami) and Agnieszka Radwanska (Birmingham). Vandeweghe is 7-16 lifetime against the top 10.8. Sloane Stephens is playing for the fifth day in a row: Her first-round match against Peng Shuai was played over two days because of rain (Wednesday and Thursday), as was her second-round tilt against Mandy Minella (Friday and Saturday). Sunday, Stephens plays Svetlana Kuznetsova.9. Happy Birthday, Nastia! Sunday marks?Anastasia Pavlyuchenkovas 25th birthday. The No. 21 Russian is playing 11th-seeded Swiss Timea Bacsinszky for a spot in the second week.10. Get ready for Monday, the best day in tennis: The second Monday of Wimbledon is the only day of the season in which every player left in the draw takes the court. There will be 16 fourth-round matches (eight men, eight women). That is ... assuming the rain holds off. ' ' '