Chris Tomasson of the St. Paul Pioneer Press reports | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » CALISIA » Fehler auf der Seite
Mitglied
zhangzk Jun 13 '19

Go get Philly that comp pick Black Jerome Brown Jerseys , Wis."Former Philadelphia Eagles interior offensive lineman Stefen Wisniewski is drawing some interest in NFL free agency. Tomasson also notes Wis is scheduled to visit the New York Jets today on Monday.In case you missed it in last week’s madness, Wis is a free agent because the Eagles declined his 2019 option worth $3.7 million. Philadelphia clearly felt he was making too much money for a backup guard/center.Wis can potentially help the Eagles one last time by signing a nice contract with another team. His new deal will likely count towards Philadelphia’s compensatory pick formula as it relates to the 2020 NFL Draft. Especially considering it seems like there’s some competition for his services.The Eagles will play both the Vikings and the Jets in 2019 so it’s possible Wis will be facing off against his old squad this season. He’d be more rootable on the Jets than the Vikings, so here’s hoping they’re the ones who offer him the biggest contract. With the 5th overall pick in the 2019 Bleeding Green Nation community mock draft, Tampa Bay Buccaneers GM EAGLESBSU selects ..."WhiteFanposts Fanshots Eagles StoriesScheduleRosterStatsYahoo Eagles NewsYahoo Eagles Team PageYahoo Eagles ReportYahoo Eagles Depth ChartYahoo Eagles TransactionsYahoo Eagles PhotosOdds About Masthead Community Guidelines StubHub 鉁旴reaking NewsThe Eagles' 2019 draft class is finalized 脳2019 NFL Mock Draft: Tampa Bay Buccaneers bolster pass rushNew,9commentsWith the 5th overall pick in the 2019 Bleeding Green Nation community mock draft, Tampa Bay Buccaneers GM EAGLESBSU selects ... EDTFan submission by EAGLESBSUShareTweetShareShare2019 NFL Mock Draft: Tampa Bay Buccaneers bolster pass rushJim Brown-USA TODAY SportsMontez Sweat, DE, Mississippi StateWhen you are drafting a player with a top 5 pick in the NFL draft you want to be sure of your pick. So Jerome Brown Jerseys 2019 , how do you know that a pick is a sure one? I break it down into the following five categories: production, athleticism/size, tape, character, and fit. If a player checks all five boxes they are worthy of a top five pick.ProductionYou should notice right away that there are three schools listed. This will need to be addressed, but I’ll save that for my character section. The sack numbers and tackles-for-loss (TFLs) are both were you want to see them. To add context to this let’s look at last year’s 5th overall pick, Bradley Chubb.As you can see the only major difference is that Sweat has less TFLs. This tells us that Sweat is likely less capable than Chubb was as a run defender. That being said, the ACC is a little less talented than the SEC so this difference doesn’t look as bad. Overall the numbers are good and any team picking in the top five would be comfortable with this pick.Sweat gets a checkAthleticism/SizeCollege production doesn’t translate directly into the NFL. Sometimes a player’s production is inflated in college for a variety of reasons. A player’s athleticism and size can help determine whether or not the production will translate.40: 4.41SecBench: 21 RepsVertical: 36.0’BROAD: ’125.0’’3 CONE: 7.0 Sec20YD Shuttle: 4.29 SecHOLY SHIT! HE RAN A WHAT!?! Yes Black Reggie White Jerseys , he ran a faster 40 than Odell Beckham and Tarik Cohen. The rest of his testing is pretty good (top 5 at position) except he was a little on the low end for the bench. Overall this combine says he is a freak athlete. This is especially true when you look at his build.Height: 6’6”Weight: 260 lbsArms: 35.75”HANDS: 10.5”Damn! This dude is a monster. Sweat has the frame to add 20 more pounds of muscle and solidify his ability to play the run with minimal impact on his burst because of his elite athleticism.You can give Montez Sweat two checks for Athleticism and size because he is a freak.TapeBefore I go into the tape I have to be honest and admit that I am not qualified, like 99% of people on this blog, to analyze D-line tape. Lucky for me that’s not a requirement for being a part of this mock draft, so let’s get to it.The first thing you’ll notice when watching the tape is that on pass rushing downs Sweat consistently wins with speed and bend around the edge. In this first gif he is NOT the guy with the yellow circle on him at the snap (that’s Jeffery Simmons). He is # 9 on the right defensive side.That is some burst of the edge! The poor Florida tackle knew he was beat as soon as he started his set. You can see him trying to get to his spot faster and tripping over his own feet because of it. While Sweat doesn’t get the sack because of the quick release, he is getting to the QB within 3 seconds of the snap.Once again we see Sweat is just too fast for the offensive tackle and this time the QB still has the ball. The craziest part about this is he would’ve done it again the next play if Simmons didn’t get there first. Sweat has fantastic bend and speed that should translate well into the NFL. Does his tape say he needs to be more stout in the run game? Yes, but he isn’t bad and he clearly has the frame to add a lot of mass. I mean he looks like he could be a wide receiver if you look at his frame. Get him in the weight room and add 10-15 pounds and he will be a fantastic outside linebacker.Tape = checkCharacterNow this is where one can start to worry about Sweat. Sweat was kicked off of Michigan State’s football team for an undisclosed violation of team rules. That will rightly worry GMs. Since Sweat’s exodus from Michigan there has not been a peep about any wrong doing. At the combine Sweat addressed the concerns in his interviews and admitted to being immature at the time. While he wouldn’t go into the details publicly he said he was completely honest about it in one-on-one meetings with teams. So, the question becomes, is Sweat’s history too much to not draft him based on his skillset? From what is known publicly I would still draft him.Character is close enough to a check for me.FitAlright Reggie White Jerseys 2019 , we know that Sweat deserves to be a top five pick based on his football ability, but does he fit with the personnel and scheme that Tampa Bay is running? On the D-line the Bucs have JPP, Gerald McCoy, and a bunch of eh players (except for Beau Allen, I’ll never talk shit about Honey Beau Beau!) The Bucs could really use another player on the edge to take the pressure off of JPP and to eventually replace him. Personnel-wise Sweat makes sense.Does Sweat fit into the Bucs’ scheme? Well, the Bucs have been running a 4-3, but they will be switching to a 3-4 this year. Based on Sweat’s athleticism he could easily play a OLB and primarily rush the passer. The weak concerns about Sweat’s ability against the run will be negated and Sweat can take on a Jadeavon Clowney like role in the defense. As far as scheme fits go it doesn’t get much better than this.The last thing to consider when making this pick is team needs. If you are familiar with the Bucs you may be saying that there are bigger needs on this roster. Those needs include interior O-line and linebacker. While the offensive line could use some work on the interior, taking an interior O-lineman with a top five pick should only be done with very special players. There isn’t a player of that caliber in this draft. The same can be said for linebacker. Neither of those positions are high impact positions so you better be damn sure you are getting an All-Pro if you take one this high. Top five picks ought to be used on QBs Black Mike Quick Jerseys , OT, or Edge unless there are hall of fame caliber players at other positions, and at this point there aren’t any of those left. Jawaan Taylor (OT) would be a decent pick here, but Montez is simply better and the Bucs need help on a defensive rated last in the league. As for the QB, I wouldn’t complain if they got Haskins. However, the Bucs aren’t ready to move on from Winston because he may still prove to be a franchise QB, and don’t forget the guy who drafted him is still the GM.Fit = checkConclusionWhen you feature the league’s worst defense, have a top five pick Mike Quick Jerseys 2019 , and there is a fantastic defensive football player available, who is also a physical freak, you draft that player. While I don’t think Sweat will set records his rookie year, he will play more than adequate and don’t be surprised if by the end of Sweat’s five year contract he is engaged in talks with the Buccaneers discussing why he should be one of the highest paid defenders in the league.