x shots adrift of the lead.Its definitely good being in a g | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
q123 Jun 14 '19
NASHVILLE, Tenn. Custom Brewers T-shirts . -- The Florida Gators arent in the mood to pick apart a road win in the Southeastern Conference, especially after last weeks ugly loss.No matter what they might need to fix.Jordan Scarlett ran for a 4-yard touchdown with Eddy Pineiro adding a pair of field goals as No. 23 Florida held off Vanderbilt 13-6 Saturday.A wise man once said, `you even have to bring your ugly babies home from the hospital, and that was ugly, Florida coach Jim McElwain said. In fact that might have been what someone told my dad when I was born. But I feel really good that our guys found a way to win.Florida (4-1, 2-1 Southeastern Conference) came up with two interceptions and two sacks on a day where the Gators defense otherwise struggled against one of the nations worst offenses with three starting linemen missing most of the game.Ralph Webb ran for 110 yards as Vanderbilt outgained Florida 265-236 in total offense. The Commodores (2-3, 0-2) had a final chance to force overtime until Nick Washington intercepted a Wade Freebeck pass with 54 seconds left sealing the Gators win.The Gators never trailed and led 10-3 after Scarlett scored on a 4-yard touchdown run, and Pineiro kicked a 42-yard field goal as the half expired. Pinero added a 26-yarder with 8:17 left.Florida had a chance to pad its lead after Vanderbilt punter Sam Loy fumbled the snap and lost the ball with 5:07 left with the Commodores trailing 13-6. But Austin Appleby fumbled the snap on second-and-goal at the Vanderbilt 1 with 2:56 left giving the Commodores one last chance.Its beyond me how you fumble the ball on a quarterback sneak at the end of the game, McElwain said. It happened, and yet our defense stepped up. They had to step up twice.THE TAKEAWAYFlorida: This set up as the perfect trap game for the Gators between Tennessee and LSU against an opponent theyve dominated over the years. The Gators had the majority of the 30,565 fans in Florida colors and still came out sluggish. Still, the Gators take home their third straight win and 25th in the last 26 games in this series. McElwain complimented the turnout by the Gators fans.I really think it had an effect on one of those third downs when they were coming out of their end zone, McElwain said.Vanderbilt: The Commodores finally showed signs of the stingy defense that ranked in the top 30 nationally in a lot of categories last season. Better yet, Webb gashed a defense that had been giving up only 76.5 yards rushing.This group is playing to win, Vanderbilt coach Derek Mason said. Were not satisfied with moral victories. There are no moral victories in football. This team is growing up and playing extremely hard.POLL IMPLICATIONSThe Gators barely stayed inside the Top 25 after being routed by Tennessee . Voters will have to decide how impressive Florida was against Vanderbilt.THE REPLACEMENTSThe Gators played most of the game without three starting defensive lineman. Senior defensive tackle Joey Ivie missed the game with a thumb injury that will sideline him at least a month. Defensive ends Bryan Cox Jr. and Jordan Sherit played sparingly with injuries. Without them, sophomore defensive tackle Khairi Clark made his second career start, and defensive ends CeCe Jefferson (sophomore) and Jabari Zuniga (freshman) saw extensive time.Obviously, we were missing some guys, but I feel like we played well, Gators defensive tackle Caleb Brantley said.DEFENSIVE IMPROVEMENTVanderbilt had forced only two three-and-outs in each of the Commodores past three games. The Commodores opened this game forcing the Gators three-and-out on their first two drives. Adam Butler also had two sacks on one drive for a defense that hadnt managed more than one sack in each of the past three games.UP NEXTFlorida: The Gators return home to host LSU, the only SEC team to beat the Gators during the regular season last year in winning the Eastern Division.Vanderbilt: The Commodores visit Kentucky still looking for their first SEC win.---Online:AP College Football website: www.collegefootball.ap.org and AP-Top 25 Twitter feed: https://twitter.com/AP-Top25Follow Teresa M. Walker at www.twitter.com/teresamwalker Cheap Custom Brewers Jersey . -- Five former Kansas City Chiefs players who were on the team between 1987 and 1993 filed a lawsuit Tuesday claiming the team hid and even lied about the risks of head injuries during that time period when there was no collective bargaining agreement in place in the NFL. Cheap Brewers Jerseys . -- The Bishops Gaiters are showing they belong among the countrys top varsity football teams. http:///...ersey-large-71z.html . The team said Saturday that Lopez was hurt during its 121-120 overtime loss at Philadelphia on Friday. The Nets said they would issue another update next week after consultation with their doctors. Mirim Lee saw her advantage atop the Ricoh British Womens Open slashed to a single shot, despite carding a one under par 71 in her second round at Woburn.The South Korean followed up her opening 62 -- which equalled the lowest round in the competitions history -- with three birdies and two bogeys Friday.That moved Lee to 11 under par overall, a score good enough for the outright lead at the halfway stage, but Chinas Shanshan Feng and Thailands Ariya Jutanugarn are breathing down her neck.Lee, who held a three-stroke advantage overnight, told the Ladies European Tour website: I felt a little bit of nervousness, but after a couple of holes I forgot about it.I think a little bit of nervousness is what makes you play well.The world No.31 made a tentative start, but settled into her stride with birdies on the fourth and seventh. She added another on the 15th, but bogeys at the 13th and 17th holes dropped her back.Jutanugarn was the closest challenger to Lee overnight and cutt the deficit with a round of 69, while Feng sits alongside her on 10 under par overall after carding 68. Wholesale Custom Brewers Shirts. cotlands Catriona Matthew catapulted herself up the leaderboard with a flawless seven under par 65, which moved her to within two strokes of Lee.Matthew, who will represent Team GB at the Rio Olympics, said: Thats probably one of the best rounds Ive played. I think I hit 18 greens. I gave myself a lot of chances and holed my fair share of them.If I can get in there in contention on Sunday, Im sure it will be a fantastic atmosphere; the crowd were great today.Charley Hull, a member at Woburn, remains in contention ahead of the weekend, largely thanks to making five birdies in six holes in a round of 70. The 20-year-old is six shots adrift of the lead.Its definitely good being in a good position going into the weekend, she said. ' ' '