g to avenge last years loss to the Hawkeyes in Lincoln.---More AP college foot | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Jun 16 '19
RIO DE JANEIRO -- There is no doubt about it: Mo Farah is among the best long-distance runners of all time. Rockets Jerseys China .The British great produced one of his trademark controlled runs, topped with a blistering finish, to win the 5,000-meter gold medal on Saturday and cap his second straight Olympic long-distance double.Its every athletes dream but I cant believe it, the 33-year-old Farah said. I just want to go home now and see my beautiful kids and hang my medals around their necks.On Saturday, there was no crash to worry about -- even though a fall in last weeks 10,000 failed to stop him from claiming gold. His unstoppable kick over the last two laps did it this time, and as hard as his two Ethiopian rivals tried to shake him off early, there was no way to deny Farah at the Rio de Janeiro Games.Youre a target, youre a target. The guys watch you race and they know what you are good at, Farah said.Farah came into the final stretch in the lead, and that means its over. His arms open wide, his eyes closed in ecstasy, Farah crossed the line as the first runner in 40 years to win back-to-back long-distance doubles at the Olympics.Farah already won the 10,000-meter race in Rio to go along with his two gold medals from the same events in London four years ago. The last man to win both distance races in consecutive Olympics was Finnish great Lasse Viren at the 1972 Munich and 1976 Montreal Games.Farah won in 13 minutes, 3.30 seconds. Paul Chelimo of the United States took silver and Hagos Gebrhiwet of Ethiopia got bronze.On the medal stand, Farah put his fingers on top of his head for the heart-shaped Mobot move, as well-known to long-distance running fans as Usain Bolts To the World pose is to everyone else.This medal is for my son, said Farah, who has four children and four gold medals. When Im gone, all my kids will have something of me.After another standout Olympics, Farah is ranking ever higher among the best runners in history. Kenenisa Bekele, with three Olympic and five world titles? Swept by him. Farah now has four Olympic gold medals and five world championship titles.In the shrouds of history, there is still Emil Zatopek of the Czech Republic and Paavo Nurmi of Finland, but the changes in competition make an accurate comparison impossible. Nurmi has nine Olympic gold medals from the 1920 and 1924 Olympics, while Zatopek won the 5,000, 10,000 and marathon at the 1952 Helsinki Games.Its easier to call him long distance runnings answer to Bolt, the man who came over to embrace Farah in the warmup zone ahead of the race.Its not as if he needed the help, but he still won while several of the runners behind him caused a bit of confusion.Three competitors, including second-place finisher Chelimo, were initially disqualified. That meant American teammate Bernard Lagat would get bronze. But the decision was rescinded a short time later and Chelimo was reinstated to silver, while Lagat was pushed back to fifth.None of that affected Farah.Starting at the back, the experienced runner slowly made his way up and found himself in an ideal position with two laps to go, hugging the inside of the track and with only open space ahead of him.When Gebrhiwet tried to cut him off, he smartly used his wiry frame to deny him and cement his position among the all-time greats.I controlled it and I wasnt going to let anyone pass me, Farah said, and then in the end I just used my speed.---Follow Raf Casert on Twitter at http://twitter.com/rcasert Wholesale Custom Rockets Shirts . The Americans, skipped by John Shuster, seized the advantage in the eighth end by scoring five points for a 7-3 lead. The Czechs pulled two back in the ninth, but Shusters team of third Jeff Isaacson, second Jared Zezel and lead John Landsteiner ended with another point to secure the last Olympic berth on offer. Custom Rockets Jersey China .Y. -- Buffalo Bills coach Doug Marrone has drawn on his Syracuse connections once again by hiring Rob Moore to take over as receivers coach. http:///...ersey-large-85z.html . The FA rejected Wilsheres appeal that the length of his punishment was "clearly excessive" and said Thursday his suspension begins with immediate effect. He will miss league matches against Chelsea on Monday and West Ham on Dec. LINCOLN, Neb. -- Ryker Fyfes second career start sure went a lot better than his first.Fyfe passed for 220 yards and a touchdown while filling in for injured starter Tommy Armstrong Jr., leading No. 19 Nebraska to a 28-7 win over Maryland on Saturday.The Cornhuskers (9-2, 6-2 Big Ten) stayed alive in the West Division. They must win at Iowa on Friday and Wisconsin must lose to Minnesota on Saturday for Nebraska to go to the conference championship game.Fyfe, who walked on in 2012 and earned a scholarship two years ago, created a lifetime memory on senior day in what will be his only start at Memorial Stadium. He said he was motivated by the opportunity to redeem himself for his five-turnover performance in his previous start, a 55-45 loss at Purdue last year.I put a lot of pressure on myself, he said. You want to come out and play well and get a win and not lose to teams like Purdue. That was a tough one last year. For sure I came out playing hard.Terrell Newby ran for a career-high three touchdowns and Nebraska limited the Terrapins to 207 yards, including 11 rushing. Maryland (5-6, 2-6) lost for the sixth time in seven games and has been outscored 149-13 over three weeks.Fyfe prevailed over Max Bortenschlager in a battle of backup quarterbacks.Armstrong injured his hamstring against Minnesota and was not in uniform Saturday. Perry Hills was dressed but didnt play for the Terrapins because of shoulder problems.Fyfe was effective if not always pretty. He was 24 of 37, often dropping back deep and angling toward the sideline before throwing downfield, sometimes sidearm, sometimes off his back foot. He also hurt the Terps with a couple runs.Ive always had a special spot for Ryker, Nebraska coach Mike Riley said. Hes a guy who could have gone to a smaller school and thrown for 3,000 yards one year. He stuck it out here with teammates and friends and won a big game for us to get our ninth win.Bortenschlager, a freshman who entered the game having thrown four passes in one previous appearance, was 14 of 29 for 191 yards. He was sacked five times.Throughout the year, weve been able to run the ball in just about every game, Terps coach DJ Durkin said. We werent able to do that today. That affected Max as well. If you cannt run the ball, thats hard on any quarterback. Custom Rockets T-shirts. Maryland ended an 11-quarter stretch with no touchdowns when D.J. Moore caught a screen pass and took it 92 yards to the end zone early in the fourth quarter.I would say thats one of the best touchdowns Ive had, Moore said.THE TAKEAWAYMaryland: The Terrapins missed Hills but werent likely to win this game even if he played. The week off might help him get ready for a winnable home game against Rutgers.Nebraska: Fyfe was good in the first half and OK in the second against an overmatched opponent. The Huskers definitely want Armstrong ready for Iowa next week.POLL IMPLICATIONSNebraska could move up in the Top 25 depending on what teams ahead of it do, but a win over the scuffling Terps doesnt merit a promotion on its own.KEY NUMBERSMaryland was the first Nebraska opponent held scoreless in the first half. The Terps have been outscored 101-3 in the first halves over three games. ... Jordan Westerkamp had a season-high eight catches for 85 yards and has caught at least one pass in 35 straight games. ... Newby, playing his 50th consecutive game, ran 22 times for 98 yards and scored from 8, 5 and 1 yard. ... The Huskers have gone two straight games without a turnover for the first time since 2003.SPECIAL SENIOR DAYNebraska honored Sam Foltz during its senior day ceremony. Each senior greeted and hugged Foltzs parents before placing a red rose on the 27-yard line. No. 27 was Foltzs uniform number.Foltz, who would have been the Huskers senior punter , and former Michigan State punter Mike Sadler were killed in a single-car accident in Wisconsin in July. Both were in Wisconsin to work at a kicking camp.We miss Sam like crazy and we love him so much, and hes still out there with us, Westerkamp said.UP NEXTMaryland: The Terrapins will try to break their four-game losing streak and achieve bowl eligibility when they host the Scarlet Knights on Saturday.Nebraska: The Huskers visit Iowa on Friday hoping to avenge last years loss to the Hawkeyes in Lincoln.---More AP college football: www.collegefootball.ap.org and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25 ' ' '