m.Padres: RHP Paul Clemens (2-4, 4 | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Jun 20 '19
At 6-17 this season, the Minnesota Timberwolves are reeling. Cheap Columbus Blue Jackets Jerseys .Their latest bump in the road came via a 27-point loss Friday to Detroit. Tom Thibodeaus team, lined with young and inexperienced players, could use a few wins to build a bit of confidence.Hosting the team with the NBAs best record may not be the ideal way to do that.On Sunday, Minnesota welcomes the Golden State Warriors, who even despite a loss Saturday to Memphis still boasts a 20-4 mark.Things seemingly hit a low point in Minneapolis following Fridays blowout. After the Wolves 117-90 loss, players had some pretty strong words about their latest performance.We didnt play with heart, point guard Ricky Rubio told the Minneapolis Star Tribune. It was a two-point game and suddenly it was a 25-point game. And it seems like we didnt care.Guard Zach LaVine echoed Rubios sentiment following Minnesotas 17th loss.We got blown out at home, and its unacceptable, LaVine told the Star Tribune. Weve got to play as a team. We have to come out and give it all weve got. Because we have to get out of this hole. This is our job. Our passion. Its about us.Golden State reeled off four straight wins before suffering a 110-89 loss Saturday to the Memphis Grizzlies. That loss was only the fourth of the year -- and the third by at least 20 points -- for the reigning Western Conference champion. Steve Kerrs team has still looked like the team to beat in the NBA through the first few months of the 2016-17 season.In Saturdays loss, Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson were each 4-for-14 from the floor. Kevin Durant led the Warriors with 21 points, while Curry was held to 17 points -- including an uncharacteristic 3-for-11 from 3-point range.I think (Currys) set the bar so high the last couple years, Warriors coach Steve Kerr told the San Jose Mercury News after Saturdays loss. Hes got high standards. Hell find his stroke.Defense has been one of the weakest parts of Minnesotas game this year. The young Timberwolves rank near the bottom of the league in many defensive categories, including points against and opponent field goal percentage. They havent held an opponent to fewer than 100 points in eight straight games.That doesnt necessarily bode well for Minnesota on Sunday, considering Golden State is the highest-scoring team in the NBA. However, Saturdays 89-point performance was the lowest output of the year for the Warriors.Tonight was just about our overall effort, Kerr told the Mercury News on Saturday. It didnt matter who was doing what offensively.Its the second meeting of the year between the Timberwolves and Warriors. Golden State won at home against Minnesota 115-102 on Nov. 26 despite forward Draymond Green not playing because of an ankle injury. Curry scored 34 points in that one. Cheap Blue Jackets Jerseys China . -- The St. Johns IceCaps weathered a wild first period with the help of goaltender Jussi Olkinuora, before finding offensive inroads in the second. Cheap Blue Jackets Jerseys Authentic . After the whistle, Thornton skated the length of the ice, pulled Orpik to the ice from behind and punched him in the face several times. http://www.cheapbluejacketsjerseys.com/ . The No. 1-ranked Nadal tweaked his back warming up for the Australian Open final, which he lost almost four weeks ago in a major upset against Stanislas Wawrinka. His first stop after the layoff is the clay in Rio as he tests the back and tries to stay healthy for the French Open in three months. SAN DIEGO -- Drew Pomeranz found it no big deal to be back at Petco Park. He didnt find a win, either.The former Padres ace got outpitched by Edwin Jackson on Monday and the Boston Red Sox fell to San Diego 2-1.I had the most adrenaline when I was here the last time for the All-Star Game, Pomeranz said. Im at the point where Im just trying to get outs and it doesnt matter where Im at.Padres manager Andy Green saw a Pomeranz he remembered well.He looked exactly the same to me, Green said. He was good -- flipping the curveball wherever he wants to.Pomeranz (2-4 for Boston) was an All-Star for the Padres this season and 8-7 in the NL before being traded to the Red Sox in mid-July.I think Drew gave us what we kind of anticipated -- (105) pitches and six quality innings of work, Boston manager John Farrell said.Pomeranz gave up two runs and six hits in 5 2/3 innings. He struck out five with a walk.A two-run homer by Adam Rosales was enough for Jackson and San Diego bullpen. Pomeranz said he missed on a fastball to Rosales.It just leaked back over the plate, Pomeranz said. I was having trouble locating my pitches and he took advantage of one.It definitely wasnt one of my best days, he said. I was struggling with my rhythm and timing and I had a hard time locating some of my pitches. I couldnt get some big outs when I needed to.Jackson (4-5) struck out 11 in seven scoreless innings. He gave up four hits and ended his three-start losing streak.Brandon Maurer worked the ninth for his eighth savee in 13 chances. Wholesale Blue Jackets Jerseys. He gave up a one-out single to Hanley Ramirez, then struck out Jackie Bradley Jr. and got pinch hitter David Ortiz on a flyball.Chris Youngs pinch-hit homer off reliever Brad Hand to open the eighth cut the Padres lead to 2-1.Aaron Hill followed with a pinch-hit double but was stranded at third when Hand struck out Brock Holt and Xander Bogaerts.Ramirez had three hits for Boston.Bostons best chance against Jackson came in the seventh. But with two on and none out, he got Bradley to ground into a double play and fanned Yoan Moncada on a full-count offspeed pitch.We got a couple of opportunities with really good hitters at the plate, Farrell said. But unfortunately we dont execute to tie the game up.TRAINERS ROOMRed Sox: RHP Koji Uehara (strained pectoral muscle) was activated off the disabled list. He will be available on Tuesday, Farrell said.Padres: CF Jon Jay (right forearm) will be added to the roster on Tuesday after playing in three minor league games. Jay missed 66 games.UP NEXTRed Sox: RHP Clay Buchholz (5-10, 5.20) gets the nod for the middle game of the three-game series. In his last three starts, he is 1-0 and has allowed just one run in two of them.Padres: RHP Paul Clemens (2-4, 4.93) has set a career high with nine starts but his last one was rocky when he lasted by three innings, charged with two runs and four hits. ' ' '