Taylor Moton Jersey | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » CALISIA » Probleme mit dem Chat
Mitglied
linchao Jul 4 '19

The Panthers made some solid team-building decisions in the 2019 NFL Draft." />Skip to main contentclockmenumore-arrownoyesHorizontal - WhiteCat Scratch Readera Carolina Panthers communityLog In or Sign UpLog InSign UpFanpostsFanshotsSectionsAboutPanthersOddsShopStubHubMoreAll 322 blogs on Horizontal - WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Keep Sounding PodcastPanthers 2019 NFL DraftCSR Film RoomFiled under:Panthers 2019 NFL DraftGrading the Carolina Panthers’ 2019 draft classNew Curtis Samuel Color Rush Jersey ,330commentsThe Panthers made some solid team-building decisions in the 2019 NFL Draft.EDTShareTweetShareShareGrading the Carolina Panthers’ 2019 draft classThe 2019 draft has come and gone, and the Carolina Panthers leave the weekend with seven new players who they hope will be positive contributors in 2019 and beyond. Below are my personal grades for each individual pick with an overall grade at the bottom. I graded on an A-F scale with no plus or minus grades (i.e. - no B+ or A- grades) and took several factors into consideration when making my grades: team needs, positional value and round drafted.With that being said, here are my grades for the Panthers’ 2019 draft class.Brian Burns, EDGE, Florida StateSelected: First round, No. 16 overallThe Panthers had a definite need for a pass rusher when the entered the draft on Thursday night, and they addressed that need with their first pick of the weekend. Adding a versatile rusher like Burns allows the Panthers to attack the opposing offense from multiple looks, and gives Ron Rivera a player who can fit both a 4-3 and a 3-4 scheme. Grade: AGreg Little, OT, Ole MissSelected: Second round, No. 37 overall (Carolina traded pick Nos. 47 and 77 to Seattle for pick No. 37.)Offensive tackle was the Panthers’ second biggest need after edge rusher (and arguably their biggest need), so getting one of the top left tackles in this year’s draft class in the second round is certainly a fantastic value in a vacuum. The one issue I have is the price required to acquire Little at No. 37 overall. The Panthers had to trade their second rounder (No. 47) and their first third rounder (No. 77) to move up 10 spots in order to get the player they wanted. While trading up isn’t always the best idea, if Little develops into a franchise left tackle like the Panthers hope, this trade will be well worth it. Grade: BWill Grier, QB Daeshon Hall Jersey , West VirginiaSelected: Third round, No. 100 overallOpinions vary on whether or not the Panthers should have used a draft pick on a backup quarterback, but adding an insurance policy in case Cam Newton has a setback while recovering from offseason shoulder surgery is a solid strategy that shouldn’t hurt the Panthers too much, especially if Grier develops into a solid backup quarterback. It works out even better if Grier develops into a starting caliber player who can either be the future starter for Carolina or an enticing trade option for another team in need of a quarterback. Grade: BChristian Miller, EDGE, AlabamaSelected: Fourth round, No. 115 overallIt’s refreshing to see the Panthers acknowledging a need and attempting to fix it during the draft. Miller is the second pass rusher selected by Carolina, and though he dealt with injuries while at Alabama, he was a solid player who produced whenever he was on the field. There are concerns that he can stay healthy and contribute at the next level (otherwise he would have been drafted sooner), but if he’s able to get consistent playing time the Panthers could end up with one of the draft’s biggest steals. Grade: BJordan Scarlett, RB, FloridaSelected: Fifth round, No. 154 overallI’m not quite sure I understand this pick. Sure, the Panthers need someone to spell Christian McCaffrey so he’s not on the field for literally every single play, but that was supposedly the reason they brought Cameron Artis-Payne back during free agency. With other players who would have addressed bigger needs still on the board, it was frustrating to see the Panthers take a backup running back. Sure Trai Turner Color Rush Jersey , it’s hard to get too upset about a fifth round pick, but it’s also hard to justify them making this decision. Grade: CDennis Daley, OT, South CarolinaSelected: Sixth round, No. 212 overall (Carolina traded pick No. 187 to Denver for pick Nos. 212 and 237.)The Panthers traded down from their original sixth round pick (No. 187) and picked up an extra pick in the process (No. 237), so that already improves their grade for this selection. Add in the fact that they yet again addressed a major need on the roster (offensive line) and did so with a versatile player who can slide in at both tackle and guard, and it’s very hard to find much to complain about with this selection. Grade: ATerry Godwin, WR, GeorgiaSelected: Seventh round, No. 237 overallThe Panthers didn’t have a seventh round pick when the draft started, so this is essentially a free pick. They could have taken a gamble on a late round safety here, but taking a wide receiver who can also return kicks isn’t too bad of a decision so I can’t really hate on this pick even if I would have done something different with it. Grade: BFinal thoughtsOverall, I think the Panthers had a good draft. They came into the weekend with the mindset of making both the offensive line and pass rush better, and taking two players at each group helped them reach that goal. They also wanted a backup quarterback to develop, and while I feel like they probably should have taken a safety with one of their first four picks, it’s hard to argue against their decision to build some quality depth behind Cam Newton. The only true negative of this draft is their decision to reach for a running back in the fifth round Taylor Moton Jersey , but if that’s the only thing I can find truly ‘wrong’ with their draft class then I’d say they did a pretty dang good job. Overall grade: B This week I spoke with Gil Arcia of Bucs Nation, SB Nation’s Tampa Bay Buccaneers blog, about they upcoming game between the division rival Carolina Panthers and Buccaneers. The Bucs lack of recent success has tamped down the flames on this rivalry for a few years. They aren’t the Falcons or the Saints. That doesn’t mean, however, that they don’t know the Panthers well enough to challenge them on Sunday. Check out what Gil has to say about where the Bucs are right now in their roller coaster season and how the Panthers can pull a win out of their chaos.Cat Scratch Reader: Fitzmagic is back. I get that he isn’t the turnover machine that Jameis Winston is, but how much does he really have left in the tank?Bucs Nation: Fitz showed in Weeks 3 and 4 who he has always been. The issues Winston had against the Bengals were the same for the ageless veteran against the Bears but the difference was Fitzpatrick was on a shorter leash. I feel you’ll still see the same quarterback we’ve come to know all these years. CSR: Desean Jackson didn’t get his requested trade. He did get his preferred quarterback. What are you expecting out of him for the rest of the season?BN: I’m not really sure what to expect to be honest. Tampa Bay has multiple weapons Winston does in fact utilize but Fitzpatrick struggles with. Winston easily spreads the ball around to 8-10 different receivers per game while Fitzpatrick like Jackson a lot. That’s fine, but when Jackson was taken away against the Steelers and Bears we saw how much he struggled throwing the football. So if Jackson doesn’t get his way again, we may be back to an “unhappy” veteran receiver.CSR: The Bucs have a lengthy injury report full of a lot of big names right now. Who is most likely to make it to the field on Sunday and whose absence or limitation will have the biggest effect on the game?BN: Wide receiver Mike Evans will be a huge loss to the Buccaneers if he can’t play. Evans has been a reliable target for both Winston and Fitzpatrick, especially in the end zone. On a positive note, defensive tackle Gerald McCoy is expected to play. That is big news for Tampa Bay. But McCoy hasn’t produced this season as of yet so we’ll see if he can this Sunday.CSR: The Panthers are finally taking advantage of their speed on offense with both downfield strikes and misdirection. How disciplined (and fast) are Tampa’s back seven? BN: The Bucs’ secondary has struggled often this year. That is perhaps the biggest issue with this team. With Cam Newton and the Panthers offense, I do expect much of the same struggles again for the Buccaneers this weekend. Fortunately, rookie cornerback Carlton Davis is starting to come around and is beginning to adapt well. But I do expect Newton to test him early and often.CSR: What is your prediction for the game?BN: I still don’t feel this defense can seal games for the team. With that said, I have Carolina winning 33-24.