10 players scored.Doing repetitions on certain | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Jul 16 '19
ASHBURN, Va. Fred Biletnikoff Raiders Jersey . -- As long as he has been coaching the Washington Redskins, Jay Gruden has never had to think about life without Pierre Garcon.The veteran wide receiver hasnt missed a game in four seasons and is as sure a bet to catch the ball when its thrown to him as he is to be in the lineup. Garcon has 64 catches without a drop this season, providing the rock-solid consistency to go along with DeSean Jacksons speed and sizzle in Washingtons passing attack.I think he is our most consistent player, Gruden said of Garcon. The best thing about Pierre is his durability and availability. Hes always there. He can run every route in the route tree. Hes a tough guy that can catch balls across the middle (with) strong, physical hands.At 30, Garcon isnt producing like his younger days, but in an offense with Jackson and tight end Jordan Reed he doesnt have to. He still has 773 yards and three touchdowns and is a reliable weapon for quarterback Kirk Cousins, who needs 122 yards Monday night against a young Carolina Panthers secondary to break his own single-season franchise passing record.Cousins believes Garcons versatility sets him apart.He can do it all, Cousins said. Youve seen him catch the deep ball and run by people. Youve seen him catch intermediate routes. You see him catch screens. You see him block in the run game. You see him make contested catches. You see him run over people once he catches the ball.Cousins also said Garcons consistency shouldnt be taken lightly. Since a foot injury cost him six games in 2012, his first season with the Redskins, Garcon has stayed healthy and been an important possession receiver for the Redskins.Garcon brushes off the consistency as nothing to think about, nothing to worry about because its his job. His start with the Indianapolis Colts playing alongside Peyton Manning, Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne paved the way for Garcons approach, which starts in practice.I think there was a standard of excellence there that he knows no other way to do it, Cousins said. Hes always done it at that high level, but hes a very explosive athlete so theres also some natural ability there that you cant coach that when he does run his routes, he gets in and out of cuts in a very powerful, explosive way that is unique to him.Garcon, a pending free agent, serves as an example to young Redskins receivers like Jamison Crowder and Maurice Harris. He wouldve been a perfect tutor for first-round pick Josh Doctson, but the rookie appeared in only two games and may not have enough experience to adequately replace Garcon next season if that situation arises.If anything, this season has been a reminder of how valuable Garcon is to the Redskins as the guy to get the call on the must-catch pass.Its a great comfort to me -- hes just a phenomenal competitor, Cousins said. He works really hard, prepares really hard. Hes a difference maker on our team. He has been now for several years. Hes a guy that youre glad hes been able to stay healthy and continue to contribute.Speed could fade for Garcon in his 30s, but his hands continue to make him a go-to receiver in his ninth NFL season.At the end of the day if you do something over and over youll get good at it regardless of what it is, Garcon said. If you swim every day, youll get better at swimming. If you run a mile every day, youll get better running a mile. If you catch the ball every day, you get better at catching the ball.Game notes Linebackers Will Compton (knee) and Sua Cravens (elbow) did not practice Thursday. ... Punter Tress Way was limited with an ankle injury, but Gruden said he didnt expect the team to bring in insurance in case he wasnt ready for Monday night.---For more NFL coverage: www.pro32.ap.org and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL Ronnie Lott Raiders Jersey . As he recorded his 23rd and 24th points of the evening, a segment of the sellout Air Canada Centre crowd expressed their appreciation for the Raptors point guard with a smattering of MVP chants. Jack Tatum Raiders Jersey . "I dont know that were close," said general manager Alex Anthopoulos. "I just think, right now, the acquisition cost just doesnt work for us right now. I dont know if I can quantify how far off or things like that that they might be but I would say we continue to have dialogue. http:///...llen-Raiders-Jersey/ . 8 Iowa State on Saturday, sending the Cyclones to their third consecutive loss. The Longhorns (14-4, 3-2) got their biggest win of the season with their third in the row in the Big 12. LUBBOCK, Texas -- After shooting 61 percent from the floor in its season opener, Texas Techs offense was tepid early against North Texas.On the strength of Zach Smiths double-double (11 points and 11 rebounds) and an advantage in points off turnovers, the Red Raiders defeated the Mean Green 70-43 on Tuesday night.I think (Texas Tech coach Chris Beard) has been pushing me all week and all offseason to crash every time, Smith said. And it worked out for me tonight.Aaron Ross had 13 points and graduate transfer Anthony Livingston added nine points and seven rebounds for Texas Tech (2-0). The Red Raiders outscored North Texas 24-2 in points off turnovers -- North Texas committed 16 turnovers while Texas Tech had seven.Ross has such a diverse game, Beard said. He can do so many different things. In our zone offense, Im comfortable with him on the perimeter or inside. Defensively, he can guard four positions. My thing with Ross is, `How good do you want to be?Deckie Johnson led the Mean Green (1-1) with 13 points. A.J. Lawson finished with 10 points and Jeremy Combs added nine points.I think theyre an NCAA Tournament team, North Texas head coach Tony Benford said of Texas Tech. I think theyre really deep. Well-coached. Balanced. With their depth, they can wear you down. They turned us over a lot early.The Red Raiders outrebounded North Texas 46-37.We couldnt score, Benford said. You got to score. You got to get stops. At the end of the day, you got to score some points. We didnt score enough of them early on.BIG PICTURENorth Texas: The Mean Green did not lead Tuesday and felll to 1-7 all-time against Texas Tech. Johnathan Abram Jersey. They have one more Power Five conference opponent this season when they visit Rutgers on Nov. 23.Texas Tech: Under first year head coach Chris Beard, the Red Raiders count versatility and depth among their strengths. Five Texas Tech players are first-year transfers, three of which are graduate students. Against North Texas, 10 players scored.Doing repetitions on certain plays or certain transition plays, Texas Techs Justin Gray said. I think every game and every single practice that weve had, our chemistry has gotten a lot stronger.BACK TO LUBBOCKBenford was a four-year letter winner for the Red Raiders from 1983-86. Benford was a part of Texas Techs 1986 Southwest Conference title team and earned tournament MVP honors.As a young coach, (Benford) went out of his way to be nice to me in my career, Beard said. I think he might have been an assistant at New Mexico when I was a young junior college coach. Hes just a first class guy. Red Raiders support Red Raiders.STAT OF THE NIGHTTexas Tech outscored North Texas in the paint 36-16.UP NEXTNorth Texas returns home to host Drexel on Saturday. The Mean Green face teams from five states this month: Texas, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York and Connecticut.Texas Tech has one more game -- Saturday at home against Eastern Kentucky -- before traveling to Mexico for the Cancun Challenge. At the tournament, it will face Auburn and then Purdue or Utah State. ' ' '