This meant that, due to limited parking | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » CALISIA » Fehler auf der Seite
Mitglied
zhangzk Aug 6 '19

With inclement weather taking a lengthy nap over the city of Mobile yesterday Kyle Emanuel Jerseys 2019 , the second round of practices were moved to the indoor facilities at South Alabama University. media was not allowed to attend while all 32 NFL clubs were only allowed two members to attend practice.Thanks to technology, however, media members were able to re-watch practice in order to help us not skip a beat in coverage.The second day was filled with some of the same play-makers showing out, some new faces taking a leap forward, and a number of players continuing to struggle at the all-star showcase.As I had to head back home from Mobile this morning, I was unable to attend the third day of practice but I do not want to use that as an excuse to leave you guys without the content you deserve. Combined with some word-of-mouth from some of my very good friends who were in attendance all week, I’m here to deliver a Winners/Losers recap from the last two days.Let’s check them out.WinnersDT Renell WrenWren raised his draft stock when he came in to weigh-ins on Tuesday at 315 pounds. He has been listed at 295 which some have thought was slightly too light for someone at his position. Even at 315, Wren maintains a lean frame and hasn’t lost a bit of that explosion that earned him some publicity in 2018.Wren getting the chance to go up against two of the best centers here, NCST’s Garrett Bradbury and A&M’s Erik McCoy White Drew Kaser Jerseys , has definitely allowed evaluators the chance to see Wren at his best this week.RB Dexter WilliamsWilliams has been the brightest prospect among the running backs this week and I don’t think it has been particularly close.The former-Notre Dame back has shown excellent burst through holes while continuously attacking the line of scrimmage like his life depends on it. Every time Jon Gruden called a zone run play, Williams took full advantage.And at 215 pounds, he’s not too shabby of a route-runner out of the backfield, making NCST’s Germaine Pratt freeze on an option route during 1-on-1 drills.WR Terry McLaurinMcLaurin enjoyed an above-average career with the Buckeyes but was usually overshadowed by bigger names on the team like WR Parris Campbell, and RBs Mike Weber and J.K. Dobbins.All McLaurin has done this week is fly by defenders and make difficult grabs look a little bit easier than usual. Most of his reps looked similar to this:McLaurin has shown a real knack for setting defenders up for failure, and in turn, him for success. While displaying his ability to be a deep threat, McLaurin can also shake-and-bake when he chooses to, as well. All he’s done this week is make money, and people are really starting to raise him up their respective boards.LosersOT Max ScharpingScharping wasn’t a guy I expected much out of this week and I couldn’t have been more correct in my prior assertion. Scharping has yet to stand out in anyway, consistently getting pushed back and handled in 1-on-1’s where he has a horrible tendency of retreating immediately in his pass sets which puts him far behind the eight ball before anything actually happens.His feet lumber far too much for a left tackle and he makes one wonder if a transition to guard is in his future. Either way Drew Kaser Jerseys 2019 , there’s always one or two players who don’t look like they belong at the Senior Bowl, and I think Scharping is that guy this year.QB Trace McSorelyMcSorely got one of the later invitations to the Senior Bowl, despite much of the scouting community disagreeing with his inclusion. Number 9 was a winner at Penn State but he obviously lacks the coveted height most clubs would prefer in their passer. Also doesn’t help that McSorely lacks the passing capabilities needed to make up for being as vertically challenged as he is.It’s been a rough week for many of the quarterbacks here. McSorely, along with guys like Will Grier and Gardner Minshew, have struggled mightly. If he has had anything going for him this week, he’s still managed to show-off his athleticism as he’s made a handful of plays with his feet.In the end, though, I’m not sure he has done much of anything to move the meter on his current draft stock.DE Byron CowartCowart was a former 5-star recruit that initially committed and played at Auburn for the first two seasons of his career. After things weren’t working out as he would have liked, he transferred to the University of Maryland where he tried to finish his collegiate career on the highest note possible.Well, he’s here at the Senior Bowl and that’s got to stand for something right?Eerily similar to his time at Auburn, it hasn’t looked like his time in Mobile is panning out any better. Cowart has spent most of the showcase looking confused White Brandon Mebane Jerseys , usually in 1-on-1s against the offensive linemen. Every time it seemed like he was content with just rushing the passer with no real strategy made, beforehand. No swim-move. No stab-and-chop. No nothing.Maybe Cowart needs a chat with the other former 5-star, Daylon Mack, while he’s here. Sunday night is going to pit two of the top teams in the NFL against each other in primetime with the Chargers traveling to the east coast to take on the Steelers at frigid Heinz Field.Both team’s possess explosive offenses with a plethora of play-makers scattered throughout each roster.This game, however, is special for a few other reasons.Sunday night’s matchup also includes two sets of brothers: The Watt brothers and the Pouncey brothers.Mike Pouncey is the Chargers’ newest pivot while Maurkice has been the Steelers’ starting center since he was drafted. Derek Watt was drafted in the sixth-round by the Chargers in 2016 while T.J was selected in the first round of the 2017 draft. This will be the first time that the Watt brothers have played against each other as professionals.You also can’t forget that Sunday’s quarterback matchup is another battle between two of the top quarterbacks drafted back in that vaunted 2004 draft class with Philip Rivers facing off against Ben Roethlisberger.The last time these two teams met was also during primetime but the Steelers were being led by Michael Vick instead of Big Ben. That game was a heart-breaker in the truest sense for Chargers fans.After Josh Lambo hit a career-long 54-yard field goal to give the Chargers the lead, Vick, along with Le’Veon Bell, marched right down the field before Bell took in the walk-off touchdown to elevate the Steelers over the Bolts.For the most part, that game is still seared into my memory and this week’s game has obviously brought up some unwanted nostalgia. But everyone knows that the best way to forget bad memories is to replace them with better ones. This Sunday, I hope to do just that.1.) Will the Steelers get back to James Connor and the ground game?Through the first nine games of the season Brandon Mebane Jerseys 2019 , it seemed like the Steelers were willing to run Connor into the ground in order to prove a point to spite Le’Veon Bell. From weeks one through 10, Connor received 18.8 carries a game with a high of 31 during their week one matchup against the Cleveland Browns.Following their week nine bye week, there was a significant drop-off in his totes per game as he has only averaged 11.6 carries in his last three games. In those games Connor has only scored a single touchdown while averaging just 44.3 rushing yards per game.Although the Chargers’ run defense has improved quite a bit since last season, they were exploited in the red zone against the Broncos who scored three times on the ground. That literally doubled the amount of rushing touchdowns allowed by the Bolts on the season. Even after that down performance, the Chargers are still tied with the Minnesota Vikings for the fourth-least amount of rushing scores allowed with six.The Chargers unfortunately rank a bit lower in rushing yards allowed per game as they let up 107.5 yards per game which is good for 13th-best in the NFL.The team might be in for another game of keep-away if the Steelers decide to keep themselves ahead of the chains while converting third-and-short after third-and-short, which are situations where Connor’s skill-set can really flourish.2.) How will the secondary handle one of the best WR duos in the league in Antonio Brown and Juju Smith-Schuster?It’s been well-documented this season that the secondary has had their fair share of struggles following a stellar 2017 season.After collecting 11 interceptions over the last two seasons, Casey Hayward has yet to record a single pick through the team’s first 11 games of this year. Trevor Williams, the usual starter across from Hayward, has been dealing with a nagging injury over the past couple weeks but was in Coach Lynn’s doghouse prior to that when he was benched for second-year cornerback Michael Davis.Williams had a an interception earlier in the year but the majority of their interceptions stem from some of their youngest players on the team like Desmond King, who leads the team with three picks, and Derwin James White Casey Hayward Jerseys , who snagged his second interception last week against the Arizona Cardinals.Brown and Smith-Schuster are both among the top-20 in a plethora of receiving categories, which include catches of over 25 yards, yards after catch, and receiving yards per game.Luckily for the Chargers, they are tied for sixth in the league with three other teams in passing touchdowns allowed with 16. They are also eighth in the league in terms of passing yards allowed per game with 227.The difference here will be how Big Ben performs while in the red zone. He currently leads the NFL with four interceptions thrown in the red zone while having the third-worst passer rating from inside the 20-yard line (72.4).3.) Will the offense look much different without Melvin Gordon?The biggest theme of this week’s game has been the ensuing absence of Melvin Gordon for at least a few weeks after he suffered a MCL sprain against the Cardinals.Many have pondered how the offense is going to look and how much is actually going to change without the team’s workhorse back. If I had to put money on it, I do not believe Coach Lynn will have to change much at all with Ekeler as his starting back. If there is anything to take away from the Titans game in London, it’s that Ekeler wasn’t able to flourish in a prominent role and like much of us expected.Ekeler is more than capable of doing everything that Gordon can. He is among the top-5 in yards after contact and can be a hassle on the ground and through the air. Some may argue that Ekeler’s efficiency stems from his complimentary role to Gordon. I wouldn’t be surprised to see the coaching staff give rookies Justin Jackson and Detrez Newsome a good amount of carries while still utilizing Ekeler around the formation. In the end, I feel pretty good about Jackson stepping into a much larger role after lengthy career of running the ball in the Big Ten. After all, he was a four-year starter at Northwestern where he became one of nine players in conference history to run for 1,000+ yards in each of his our seasons on campus.I like his experience and I don’t believe the stage will be too big for the rookie.