ns Youth Organization, Hobe Sound, Florida; and Who Dat Warriors Youth Organization, Indianapns Youth Organization, Hobe Sound, Florida; and Who Dat Warriors Youth Organization, Indianap | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
q123 Aug 6 '19
Western Michigan will be rowing from Kalamazoo to the Cotton Bowl. Homme Air Max TN Plus Ultra Bleu/Blanc .The 12th-ranked Broncos (13-0, No. 15 CFP), the Mid-American Conference champions and the only FBS team other than top-ranked Alabama still undefeated, will play Big Ten runner-up and eighth-ranked Wisconsin (10-3, No. 8 CFP) on Jan. 2 in the Dallas Cowboys home stadium.Coach P.J. Fleck said Sunday that it really is surreal right now. Surreal to know Western Michigan University, a team that I coach, is going to play in one of the historic New Years games that he used to watch with his dad when he was growing up.The 36-year-old Fleck, who has infused the Broncos with that Row The Boat mantra, revealed that he had a large piece of cotton in his pocket during the MAC championship game on Friday night. He showed that cotton to the WMU players and fans gathered for the bowl announcement inside while it was snowing outside.Well, theres a lot of cotton falling from the sky here in Kalamazoo today, a lot accumulating on the ground, Fleck said during the ESPN selection show. How ironic.During a team meeting last January, just weeks after the Broncos first-ever bowl victory, Fleck displayed to his team a logo of the Cotton Bowl, the destination this season for the highest-ranked champion from the Group of Five.Wisconsin is also going to its first Cotton Bowl. The Badgers lost the Big Ten championship game and a chance to get back to the Rose Bowl for the first time since going to Pasadena at the end of three consecutive seasons (2010-12).Badgers coach Paul Chryst said while his team was disappointed with their Big Ten finish, the Cotton Bowl and the opponent will be make it easier for them to get re-focused.One of the stories of the year, and that will grab our kids attentions, Chryst said of WMU. It will be a challenge for us.While the West Division champion Badgers are officially the Big Ten runner-ups, they are behind three of the conferences East Division teams in the final College Football Playoff rankings and AP Top 25 -- trailing Ohio State, Penn State and Michigan.The Badgers 15 consecutive bowl games is the longest streak in the Big Ten.Some other things to know about Western Michigan and Wisconsin going to the Cotton Bowl:SMALL SUCCESSES: This is the third season of the College Football Playoff, which offers a spot for the highest-ranked Group of Five champion in one of the New Years Six games. The first two have won their games. Boise State beat Arizona 38-30 in the Fiesta Bowl two years ago, and Houston beat Florida State 38-24 in the Peach Bowl last season.BEATING THE BIG TEN: Western Michigan has played -- and beaten -- two Big Ten teams this season. The Broncos opened their season with a 22-21 win at Northwestern, and two weeks later won 34-10 at Illinois. Western Michigan has played Wisconsin four times before -- all of those early-season games in Madison, Wisconsin. The Badgers won the last meeting 19-7 in 2000, two years after Western Michigan got its only win in the series.THIS WAS THE GOAL: Wide receiver Corey Davis had already had three standout seasons for Western Michigan, and could have possibly been a high NFL draft pick had he left after his junior year. But Fleck said Davis returned to finish the job he started with his teammates, to become a MAC champion. Davis has 91 catches for 1,427 yards and 18 TDs this season, and 325 receptions for 5,205 yards and 51 TDs overall.NOT FIRST VISIT: Wisconsin previously played at AT&T Stadium, the home of the NFLs Dallas Cowboys, in losing its 2015 season opener 35-17 to Alabama. While this will be Western Michigans first game at the stadium that started hosting the Cotton Bowl seven years ago, Fleck coached there as a receivers coach with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in 2012, and attended the first CFP championship game there two seasons ago.BIG TEN IN COTTON: Before Michigan State played in the Cotton Bowl the last two years, including the national semifinal game loss to Alabama last season, the only Big Ten team that had ever played in the Cotton Bowl had been Ohio State. The Buckeyes beat Texas A&M in the 1987 Cotton Bowl.---More AP college football: www.collegefootball.ap.org and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25 . Nike Air Max Plus TN Ultra Bleu/Argent/Noir . The Nashville Predators were glad their captain was still on their side. Weber had a goal and two assists, and Roman Josi scored the shootout winner to lift the Predators to a 4-3 win over the Flyers on Thursday night. Nike Air Max Plus TN Ultra Vert/Rice Blanc . With the short-handed Warriors needing help from someone -- anyone -- to stop a three-game skid, ONeal returned from right knee and groin injuries that had sidelined him for four games and put up season highs with 18 points and eight rebounds. It was just enough to help lift Golden State to a 102-101 victory over the New Orleans Pelicans on Tuesday night. http://www.airmaxtnplus.fr/ .com) - Richie Incognito has reportedly been admitted to a psychiatric care unit in Arizona. Its rare enough for a football player from a military academy to make the NFL. How about a captain and Bronze Star winner?The remarkable story of Steelers tackle Alejandro Villanueva, an ex-Army Ranger who served three tours in Afghanistan, is being showcased in a new advertising campaign by USAA. The premiere of the 30-second commercial will be during this Sundays telecasts of games.Also in the ad (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOQbAnfaKig) are Villanuevas wife and young son. His transition from Army Ranger to NFL offensive lineman is depicted, focusing on protection -- of both Ben Roethlisberger in the pocket (Villanuevas current job), and insurance offered by USAA.USAA has been there by my side, and my familys side, through all of it, Villanueva says, and I am proud to partner with a company that shows so much support for our countrys armed forces.There also is a 2-minute version highlighting how Villanueva earned his Bronze Star for rescuing wounded soldiers while under enemy fire.Alejandro is a great example of the dedicated service and sacrifice that USAA members provide to our nation, says retired Navy Vice Admiral John Bird, senior vice president of military affairs for USAA. His background as a West Point graduate, Army Ranger, NFL lineman, husband and father is impressive and helps raise awareness of and appreciation for Americas military.DREW AND BOWEN: Few NFL players have embraced the availability of technology to aid their performances more than Drew Brees.Now, the Saints quarterback and three other players, plus Brees 5-year-old son Bowen, appear in a Microsoft video showcasing how NFL players are using their Surface tablets not only on the field, but off it for training.Bowen Brees also provides the vocals for a remixed version of If Youre Happy and You Know It that plays throughout the video, before concluding with a touching moment with his dad.Its always fun to have my family with me at work, and being able to shoot this commercial with Bowen was very special, Brees says. It was great watching (oldest son) Baylen coach Bowen and their interaction as Bowen prepared for his role.Also in the video are Rams running back Todd Gurley, Packers linebacker Clay Matthews and Seahawks receiver Tyler Lockett.SIGN HERE: Browns rookie quarterback Cody Kessler brags about his hometown of Bakersfield, California, every chance he gets. The city returned the love last week by posting a billboard on an interstate near the Browns training facility that said: Cody Kessler, Good Luck from Bakersfield. Kessler was unaware of the sign, but went to see it the moment he was told.I thought that was awesome, he said. That meant a lot to me. I actually saw a picture of it first. Someone sent it to me, and then I ran over there and went and saw it afterward. Im very proud of where I came from and there are a lot of great people there that support me.Kessler said thhe city molded him into the person and player he is today. Nike Tn 2018 Pas Cher. My dad and my mom both worked really hard and I learned from them, he said. I got to watch my dad really coach me in football and did not know a whole lot about quarterback, but he did everything he could to help me out and get me to different camps and stuff.I take a lot of pride in coming from Bakersfield.SIEMIANS START: Trevor Siemian is 3-0 as Denvers starter and is coming off a historic performance in Cincinnati, where he became the first quarterback to throw for 300 yards and four touchdowns without an interception in his first road start.Siemian was the 250th overall draft pick last year, and this weekend hell face the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, who are led by QB Jameis Winston, the third No. 1 overall pick hes seen in the seasons first month.Siemian outperformed Cam Newton in the opener and Andrew Luck in Week 2. Last week, he outdid Andy Dalton, a second-round pick and two-time Pro Bowler.Opening day, he shocked everybody, and hes been rolling ever since, says Bucs defensive tackle Gerald McCoy. Im happy for him. I read a little bit and heard a little bit about his story, so Im happy for him. Were going to have a tough one on our hands on Sunday.Broncos coach Gary Kubiak has had No. 1 overall picks and seen late-rounders blossom over his coaching career.Youve got to be right on those guys early and its sure fun to be right on those guys late that you think have a chance, said Kubiak. But youve got to give the kid the credit hes the one thats done all the work.----SMARTER FOOTBALL: Six high schools and four youth organizations have received $10,000 in equipment upgrades from Riddell. The helmet manufacturers Smarter Football initiative recognizes such football programs throughout the United States and Canada for their commitment to implementing safer and smarter playing techniques, whether in practice or for games.All youth, secondary and college programs were eligible to apply for a Smarter Football grant. The winning high schools are:Brimley, Michigan; Max Vista, Imperial Beach, California; Nicholas Senn, Chicago; Tenino, Washington; Waggener, Louisville, Kentucky; and St. Benedict, Cambridge, Ontario.Youth organization winners are:Bay Saints, Bay Saint Louis, Mississippi; Gum Springs Youth Athletic Association, Alexandria, Virginia; Hobe Sound Ravens Youth Organization, Hobe Sound, Florida; and Who Dat Warriors Youth Organization, Indianapolis.The size of each high schools rosters ranges from 100 at Mar Vista for its varsity, JV and freshman squads, to 40 for the varsity at Tenino and at St. Benedict.Hobe Sound has 210 players ages 5-15, the most of the four youth organizations awarded the prize.--AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL ' ' '