would make Pacquiao a free agent, whic | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Aug 8 '19
SEATTLE -- Thanks to Phil Hughes, the New York Yankees could get away with only one inning of offence. Omar Gonzalez USA Jersey . What an inning it was. Robinson Cano hit a three-run homer and Mark Teixeira followed with a solo shot as part of New Yorks six-run third inning Thursday night, and Hughes took a shutout into the eighth for the Yankees in a 6-1 win over the Seattle Mariners. Cano and Teixeira were the catalysts for New Yorks big third inning that proved to be the Yankees only offence as they started a 10-game West Coast trip with a win. New York matched its season high for runs scored in an inning, tagging Seattle starter Aaron Harang (2-6) for eight hits in the third before being shut down the rest of the night. "I dont care when we score six runs. If you get six runs a night, youre probably going to win a lot of games," New York manager Joe Girardi said. Hughes (3-4) won for the first time in nearly a month and continued a run of success pitching in Seattle. Hughes improved to 4-0 in his career at Safeco Field, striking out seven before leaving after facing one batter in the eighth inning. The last time Hughes saw the Mariners, he didnt make it out of the first inning. Hughes lasted just two outs May 15, giving up seven earned runs and six hits at Yankee Stadium. On Thursday, the Mariners didnt get a runner to third base until the sixth inning when Brendan Ryan walked and reached third on Kyle Seagers one-out single -- the third hit allowed by Hughes. Ryan was left at third after Hughes got pop outs from Raul Ibanez and Kendrys Morales. Hughes retired the first eight batters before Ryans two-out single in the third. He then set down seven of the next eight before Ryan walked to open the sixth. Seattle avoided the shutout thanks to Seagers RBI double in the eighth. The run was unearned because of an error earlier in the inning. Hughes lasted just 4 1-3 innings and gave up five earned runs in his last start against Boston. "You talk about bounce back outings and not having a snowball effect on you," Hughes said. "So its nice to pitch well here." The Yankees batted around in the third inning, sending 11 batters to the plate and knocking out Harang after 2 1-3 innings. Jayson Nix and Brett Gardner sandwiched singles around Austin Romines strikeout. Cano then lined a high fastball into the right field seats for his 15th homer and before Harang could recover, Teixeira hit his third homer to right-centre to give the Yankees a 4-0 lead. It was New Yorks first back-to-back homers since Cano and Vernon Wells on May 12 in Kansas City. The battering of Harang didnt stop. Travis Hafner singled and Kevin Youkilis doubled before Wells looped an RBI single. Ichiro Suzuki followed with a line drive over shortstop Brendan Ryan to score another run and Harangs miserable night was done. "We were just trying to take advantage. That was a great inning. The whole lineup hit in that inning and thats what you want. You want to take advantage when youve got runners in scoring position," Cano said. "We got shut out after that but at least we scored early. The bright spot for Seattle was reliever Blake Beavan, who was called up from Triple-A Tacoma on Thursday. Beavan, who was demoted to the minors on May 1, retired 14 straight batters after taking over for Harang, striking out four. Beavans streak was snapped when Hafner led off the eighth with a single, but that was the only hit allowed in 6 2-3 innings. "Youre going to have those innings. Obviously I made the mistake at the wrong time with Cano with the runners on," Harang said. "It seemed like everything started to spiral out of control." NOTES: Suzuki played in Seattle for the second time with the Yankees. Last year was a whirlwind with his trade to New York taking place while the Yankees were in Seattle. He was greeted with a tepid ovation before his first at-bat but the "Ichimeter" that was a staple of his time in Seattle was back in the front row of the right field stands. Before the game Suzuki, who is staying at the team hotel, joked he never fully realized how many Starbucks there were in downtown Seattle. ... Girardi said he texted with 3B Alex Rodriguez in the last couple of days but it was strictly baseball related. ... Seager extended his hitting streak to 10 games. ... Michael Morse (quad) returned to lineup for Seattle after missing last seven games. He struck out three times. Cristian Roldan Jersey . It was hard for Luck to pull off another comeback, or even get into the end zone, while standing on the sideline. Rivers threw a 22-yard touchdown pass to rookie Keenan Allen and Nick Novak kicked four field goals to give the Chargers a 19-9 victory against the Colts on Monday night. Bill Hamid USA Jersey .C. -- When North Carolina freshman Ryan Switzer reported to training camp in August he was a little miffed to learn he was third on the depth chart at punt returner. http://www.soccerusateamonline.com/Tyler-Miller-America-Jersey/ . Gerald Green and Miles Plumlee? Green had bounced around the NBA when he wasnt playing overseas. The Pacers gave up on Plumlee after just one season. Now Green and Plumlee are key cogs in the Suns surprising breakout season. Manny Pacquiao said on Tuesday night that he will challenge welterweight titleholder Jessie Vargas on Nov. 5 at the Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas. After some confusion last week, the announcement puts Pacquiao and Top Rank promoter Bob Arum on the same page as to who the Filipino boxing legend will fight next.?The announcement, which Arum confirmed to ESPN.com, came after Pacquiao, Arum and Michael Koncz, Pacquiaos adviser, met in the Philippines to go over the deal points.Koncz said last week that Vargas would be the opponent, but Arum said it was not set. He said unified junior welterweight champion Terence Crawford (29-0, 20 KOs), whom he also promotes, was still in the running and that he wanted to meet with Pacquiao face-to-face before making the fight with Vargas official. They had that meeting and afterward Pacquiao made his announcement.Yes, the fight is on. I have agreed to a Nov. 5 fight with reigning WBO welterweight champion Jessie Vargas, Pacquiao said. Boxing is my passion. I miss what Id been doing inside the gym and atop the ring.Pacquiao, boxings only eight-division world titleholder, is coming out of a brief retirement, which he announced after his lopsided unanimous decision victory over Timothy Bradley Jr. in their third meeting, on April 9 in Las Vegas.A month later, Pacquiao was elected to the senate in the Philippines. During his campaign he promised to be attentive to his legislative duties, which he was heavily criticized for neglecting during his tenure as a congressman, and not to allow boxing to interfere.He plans to do his training around his senate duties by training in early mornings and then again in evenings before the government body goes into recess, which will allow the 37-year-old Pacquiao (58-6-2, 38 KOs) a few weeks to finish training in the United States and to fight.I miss my boxing routine of training, the things I do for my sport every day, but I assure my people my fight and training will not affect my work as a senator, Pacquiao said. My training -- no problem. We will start early in the morning for my runs and gym training. There are no sessions or hearings in the senate at 6 or 7 a.m. They usually start earliest at 10 a.m., so I will be able to manage my schedule.My whole training camp with [trainer] Freddie [Roach] will be in Manila until the senate goes on break, and then we go to America.Pacquiao also conceded that his ring return is financially motivated, even though he has earned hundreds of millions in his career, including around $150 million alone for his decision loss to Floyd Mayweather in their record-shaattering welterweight title unification fight in May 2015. Walker Zimmerman USA Jersey. Boxing is my main source of income. I cant rely on my salary as a public official, Pacquiao said. Im helping the family of my wife and my own family, as well. Many people also come to me to ask for help, and I just couldnt ignore them.Pacquiao said he picked Vargas because he is a champion. Crawford would have insisted that Pacquiao drop down to junior welterweight.Vargas (27-1, 10 KOs), of Las Vegas, agreed to a deal for the fight a couple of weeks ago but it was contingent on Pacquiao picking him as the opponent.The 27-year-old Vargas will be making his first title defense after a very impressive ninth-round knockout of then-undefeated contender Sadam Ali to win the vacant belt on March 5 in Washington, D.C. He was thrilled Pacquiao selected him.I am happy to be scheduled to fight Pacquiao. He is a fighter that the fans respect and admire, Vargas told ESPN.com. Thats exactly what I want, and beating him will put me in that position. To prove that I am the best I have to beat the best and I plan on showing off my talent and ability inside that ring Nov. 5. It will be my coming out party. I hope that the fans really enjoy our fight.A promotional tour for the bout is slated for Sept. 8-10 beginning in Los Angeles.While Pacquiao is under contract to HBO, Arum said the network will not be involved in producing and distributing the pay-per-view event, though he did not say which broadcaster would.Arum and HBO have been knocking heads over the date. HBO is already contracted to put on the Nov. 19 pay-per-view showdown between unified light heavyweight titleholder Sergey Kovalev and Andre Ward and does not want to put on two pay-per-view events in the same month. Arum, however, is insistent on Nov. 5 to accommodate Pacquiaos senate responsibilities and training schedule and because he wants the fight in Las Vegas and has an arena lined up.Arum told ESPN.com that if HBO passed on doing the Pacquiao fight on pay-per-view, it would make Pacquiao a free agent, which would be difficult for HBO to allow. In spite of Pacquiaos falling pay-per-view numbers, there is still a possibility of a gargantuan fight next year -- a rematch with Mayweather. The network surely would not want to cede its share of the potential windfall entirely to rival Showtime/CBS, Mayweathers broadcast partner, with whom it put on a joint pay-per-view when they met last year. An HBO spokesman had no comment. ' ' '