-Hill also revealed she could now compete | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Aug 9 '19
Lots of things happened during the 240 minutes of World Club Series action last weekend and there has been lots said and written about it. Kanken Backpack Frost Green Australia . Im going to take a week to reflect on the rugby before I comment but one thing stood out to me. It wasnt a pass, tackle, kick, offload or try. No, it was the medical care given to a player during a match. Concussion in sport is a hot topic at present. The American actor Will Smith stars in a Hollywood movie about it and all major team sports are trying their best to bring themselves up to speed with the latest findings. Players, coaches, officials, administrators, fans and commentators need to be aware of the latest guidelines regarding head injuries, and the way that these are dealt with.The head coach and the CEO also have a responsibility for the health and wellbeing of their players during a match. The coach doesnt want an unsteady or disorientated player in his defensive line, nor does the CEO wish to appear in a medical negligence hearing.We now know more than we did 20 years ago and its important that we all act on this knowledge. Highlights of Sydney Roosters 38-12 win over St Helens in the World Club Series Early in the game at Langtree Park last Friday Jayden Nikorima received a bang to the head which left him lying on the ground.The chief medical officer for England Rugby League, Dr Chris Brookes, was assisting the Roosters throughout the game and was swiftly on the scene.He then followed the protocols sent out by the RFL to all clubs and their medical staff to improve the care for players, while also allowing those who are fit and able to carry on playing. Chester sacked by Hull KR Chris Chester leaves Robins after poor start to the season Dr Brookes sent me this to explain what happens: Concussion is a difficult and challenging diagnosis to make.The injury itself is a disturbance in brain function following a blow to the head and may reveal itself via a variety of symptoms and signs. Examples of these are headache, unsteadiness, confusion or even change in the players personality. Dr Chris Brookes congratulates Sean OLoughlin after Englands win over France in 2012 It is therefore especially important that any player suspected of suffering from concussion is removed from the field for a comprehensive clinical assessment.When a player is removed from the field for a concussion assessment, the laws of the game allow for a free interchange to occur. This is time limited to not less than 15 minutes to allow the assessment, at the end of which the player is either deemed fit to return or needs to be permanently replaced.The assessment always occurs in the privacy of the dressing room and the first five minutes are utilised in allowing the player to settle from the intensity of the game and prepare for the formal concussion assessment. This consists of a standard format, with a series of questions to assess the players recollection of the game and then a conversation around the circumstances of what happened to precipitate the injury.This is the followed by evaluation of symptoms (headache, nausea, balance problems) and a series of memory tests specifically focusing on memory and concentration.This comprehensive raft of clinical tools provides the doctor with the necessary suite of information upon which he/she can then make their final judgement regarding return to play or withdraw the player from further participation. Hull FC v Castleford Tigers Three key battles in Thursdays Super League clash Even if they return to the field, they are continually observed for any signs suggestive of concussion (eg poor balance) with re-evaluation at half-time or full-time as appropriate.Our knowledge of concussion is continually evolving and I am proud that rugby league is regarded as being at the vanguard of protecting our players from unnecessary unpleasant and probably harmful complications of head impacts.The RFL has a very good head injury management policy and all of the medical staff have been invited to attend sessions provided by experts in this area. Theyve received the latest protocols and been reminded of their duty of care. Aidan Guerra is congratulated after scoring the second of Sydney Roosters seven tries against St Helens Unfortunately for St Helens supporters, Nikorima was passed fit to return and went on to have an outstanding game for the Roosters.However, there is one suggestion that Id like to put to the Super League clubs and Dr Brookes.Most of their coaches have a monitor which allows them to watch the action. Some of them have this on a five-second delay so that they can quickly review a missed tackle, try, etc.It would seem obvious to me that they get their video analyst to provide the medical staff with a monitor and feed of the game so that they can quickly review all of the injuries, especially the ones to the head.I know that the score is important, but not as important as a players health.Watch Hull FC v Castleford live on Sky Sports 2 HD on Thursday from 7.30pm. Catch the match for £6.99 on NOW TV. No contract. Also See: Hull FC v Castleford: Key battles Chester sacked by Hull KR Barrie and Terrys biggest hits Rugby League on Sky Fjallraven Kanken Black Backpack Sale .C. -- Todd Fiddler scored a hat trick, including the overtime goal, as the Prince George Cougars survived an 8-7 win against the Kamloops Blazers in Western Hockey League play Sunday. Kanken Big Backpack Ox Red .J. -- New York Giants wide receiver Victor Cruz will miss the rest of the season after having surgery on his left knee. http://www.kankenbackpackaustralia.com/kanken-backpack-green.html . You can watch the game live on TSN at 7:30pm et/4:30pm pt. The Flyers had won seven of eight before dropping their last two outings on consecutive days over the weekend. Philadelphia was handed a 6-3 loss by the visiting Tampa Bay Lightning on Saturday afternoon before dropping a 4-1 decision to the Rangers the following night in New York City.Jessica Ennis-Hill has told SSN HQ that she is back in full training following an Achilles injury that forced her to rest during the winter season. The Olympic and world heptathlon champion says she is no longer injured and her sole focus is on becoming the first British woman to defend an Olympic title at the Rio 2016 Games in August.Ive had the Achilles injury and Ill have niggles now and then, but Im an older athlete now and thats the reality of it, said Ennis-Hill. Right now, Im not injured. Im back in full training and over the next few weeks we will ramp it up.The 30-year-old withdrew from the traditional end of May Gotzis outdoor meeting earlier this month, but dismissed reports she could be forced to miss this summers Games. Ennis-Hill finished fourth and secured qualification to Rio on her return to competition in Gotzis last year Yes, Im a bit behind schedule and Im disappointed to be missing Gotzis, but if I want to be at my best in August for the Olympics, I have to miss it and keep preparing. Its about getting it right for two days in August. My focus is Rio and nothing else.Ennis-Hill believes she is stronger, faster and in better shape than last summer when she won her second world title in Beijing just three months after returning to training following the birth of her first child, Reggie, in 2014. Coach Toni Minichiello has guided Ennis-HIlls career since she was a teenager Her coach Toni Minichiello agrees: Shes lifting more weights, shes stronger, she has more power. She is also a more experienced athlete.So what are Ennis-Hills chances of winning a second Olympic title at Rio? The athlete herself is as determined as ever. Rio is my only focus this year, why else would I be going there if it wasnt to try and win gold? I cant look beyond it. Ennis-Hill will go up against fellow British heptathlete Katarina Johnson-Thompson in Rio this summer Minichiello added: Four years ago, Jess was way ahead of her opponents; now the gap has closed. All the competiitors are better, and athletes like Katarina Johnson-Thompson and Canadas Brianne Theisen-Eaton are serious contenders and they are at their peak. Kanken Backpack Sale Yellow. Jess is 30 now and whereas 10 years ago she was made of rubber and recovered easily, now the reality is she has to manage more.The points score between the medallists will be closer than ever. 6800 points is likely to be needed to win, if you got 6800, you would be unlucky not to get gold, but the gap between that and the other places is going to be small. It will come down to a small slip up in one event that puts you out of contention. Jess strength is her consistency over all events - that is a skill in itself just to be steady.The pair also rubbished reports she would not compete at Rio because of the threat posed by the Zika virus. Ennis-Hill during the Team GB kit launch last month Asked whether she had ever considered not going to Rio, Ennis-Hill said: No, never have I or Toni thought like that. I get updates on the situation all the time and we take all the advice on offer.Minichiello added: Never have we thought we are not going. Let me put it like this, the Olympics is the absolute top of our sport, its how we are judged. You are always an Olympic champion, you do become a former world champion at some point, but the Olympics is the top of the sport. We will take all advice on offer and all precautions. A lot of the stories (about Zika) are scare stories; some of course are true. We will deal in facts. Ennis-Hill drops retirement hint Jessica Ennis-Hill may wave goodbye to athletics after the Olympics Ennis-Hill also revealed she could now compete in London in next years World Athletics Championships after previously hinting she may retire after competing in Brazil.I have thought about it a few times now, added Ennis-Hill.A lot depends on how I feel after Rio, my body and whether Ill be motivated, but I definitely wouldnt be considering it if the World Championships werent in London. Also See: Ennis-Hill back on track Rio Olympics news Team GB kit unveiled Brits who could star in Rio ' ' '