onor at a ceremonor at a cerem | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
q123 Aug 9 '19
Jack Nicklaus and Tiger Woods have led tributes from the world of golf to Muhammad Ali following the death of the boxing legend at the age of 74. Sammy Sosa Jersey . Nicklaus crossed paths with his fellow sporting icon many times over their careers, and the Golden Bear was the proud recipient of the Muhammad Ali Legacy Award in December last year.The award, promoted by prominent magazine Sports Illustrated, honoured Nicklaus for his sportsmanship, leadership and philanthropy and celebrated not only his remarkable golfing career, but also his charitable work.Alis passing was announced during The Memorial, a tournament hosted by Nicklaus at his home club of Muirfield Village in Dublin, Ohio, and the 18-time major champion expressed his long-time admiration for The Greatest. The Greatest meets the Greatest: Nicklaus enjoyed some playful sparring with Ali at Valhalla in 1996 Nicklaus released a statement which read: It is an understatement to say that the hearts of the sports world are heavy with the loss of Muhammad Ali. He transcended not only the sport of boxing, but sports in general.He long ago established a legacy that crossed any boundaries of competition or the borders of just our country. He was a global icon.I was incredibly honoured and humbled to receive an award in December bearing his name. That night I told a story about how the walls in my home are not for plaques and trophies, but rather for photos of my kids and grandkids. Tiger Woods described Ali as a champion Yet there is one special photo in my office, and that is of Muhammad and me playfully sparring at the PGA Championship in 1996 at Valhalla in his hometown of Louisville. I have always been a great fan of Muhammad, because I admired the champion he was in the ring and the champion he became out of the ring for so many causes.I hope on a day when we mourn the loss of the Champ - the greatest of all time - we can reflect and appreciate his many contributions past and present, and ensure that generations going forward will admire and be inspired by all that Muhammad Ali accomplished.Tiger Woods was one of the first to pay his respects on social media in a post on his Twitter account which read: Youll always be The Greatest for more than just what you did in the ring. A champion to so many people in so many ways. Justin Rose met Ali ahead of the 2008 Ryder Cup Nicklaus long-time friend and rival Gary Player added: Muhammad Ali was simply the best. He was both brilliant and controversial. He inspired and empowered athletes all over the world. He was the GOAT of boxing. We should all celebrate his legacy. Rest in peace.Justin Rose was part of the European Ryder Cup team that were photographed alongside Ali ahead of the contest at Valhalla in 2008, and he tweeted: Had the pleasure of meeting the Greatest at the Ryder Cup. An amazing and inspirational gentleman. RIP Muhammad Ali. Also See: Olympic concerns for Day Poulter out for months Golf live on Sky Sports 4 World Rankings Ian Happ Jersey . The 18th player to shoot 60 on the tour, Jamieson settled for par on the final hole when his 15-foot birdie chip grazed the edge of the hole and stayed out. After opening with rounds of 66 and 73 to make the cut by a stroke, he had 11 birdies in the bogey-free round. Yu Darvish Jersey . -- There were a lot of firsts for the Edmonton Oilers on Tuesday night. http://www.cubsauthentic.com/cubs-andre-dawson-jersey/ . LeBron James and Chris Bosh didnt need any more. Williams scored 11 points in 10 minutes, Alan Anderson scored 17 points, and the Brooklyn Nets finished the exhibition season with a 108-87 win over the Miami Heat on Friday night. ERFURT, Germany -- Juergen Klinsmann, who won the World Cup with Germany in 1990 and is now coaching the United States, has been named an honorary captain of the German national team.Klinsmann became the fifth player to receive the distinction after Fritz Walter, Uwe Seeler, Franz Beckenbauer and Lothar Matthaeus.Klinsmann won the World Cup with Beckenbauer as coach and later became Germanys captain, winning the 1996 European Championship. He played in 108 matches, with 36 as its captain,, and coached host Germany to third place in the 2006 World Cup. Willson Contreras Jersey. Receiving the honor at a ceremony, Klinsmann said the national team was always something special with unforgettable moments, encounters and friendships.Federation president Reinhard Grindel said Klinsmann had always taken unconventional paths to give German football important impulses. ' ' '