know the status jknow the status j | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
q123 Aug 9 '19
The Arizona-Michigan State game is one of the top matchups on college basketballs opening weekend. Air Max 97 Pas Cher Chine . And its almost impossible to say how it will play out.The 10th-ranked Wildcats and No. 12 Spartans are national powerhouses just starting the process of reinventing their rosters, while dealing with injuries and other concerns, as they tip off their seasons Friday night from Honolulu in the Armed Forces Classic, beginning at 7 p.m. ET.They have some new guys, they have some old guys, Michigan State coach Tom Izzo said of Arizona. Where we are a little bit weak right now is that our old guys dont have as much experience as theirs. But I like our new guys a lot.Arizona has four new starters, including two true freshman starters -- guard Rawle Alkins and power forward Lauri Markkanen, a 3-point shooter and NBA lottery prospect who was the teams leading scorer with 21 points in its final exhibition game against Chico State on Sunday.Izzo is set to unleash what is called his finest recruiting class, a four-man group led by wing Miles Bridges, who had 53 points and 15 rebounds in two exhibition games. Forward Nick Ward and guard Cassius Winston will be key parts of the rotation, and guard Joshua Langford is expected to play after missing both exhibitions due to a hamstring injury.Michigan State -- also replacing four starters from last season -- will be without big men Ben Carter and Gavin Schilling due to knee injuries. That leaves Ward, at 6-8, as the teams tallest player.Arizona, meanwhile, will be without returning leader scorer Allonzo Trier due to reported ongoing eligibility issues; coach Sean Miller has not commented on those. The Wildcats also lost redshirt freshman forward Ray Smith to a third ACL injury during the first exhibition. He has retired from basketball.Miller was down to seven scholarship players in the second exhibition but said sophomore post player Chance Comanche should be good to go after serving a suspension due to academics. Comanche (6-11) joins a front line that includes 7-footer Markkanen, 7-foot center Dusan Ristic and 6-9 forward Keanu Pinder, a junior college transfer.With Chance, were a much different team, Miller said. You cant underestimate 6-foot-11, offensive rebounder, defensive rebounder, the ability to give us great size and depth up front.Between the teams, as many as seven true freshmen are expected to see significant minutes.As for the returnees, Arizona has senior combo guard Kadeem Allen, a defensive ace who averaged 8.4 points per game last season. Ristic, a junior, is a skilled low-post scorer. Junior Parker Jackson-Cartwright takes over point guard duties from Allen, who will be more off the ball this season.Michigan State is expected to surround Bridges with senior guard Eron Harris (9.3 points per game last season as a 22-game starter), junior point guard Tum Tum Nairn, sophomore guard Matt McQuaid and sophomore forward Kenny Goins.X-factors will be all over the court with new guys and veterans in much bigger roles.Our worries is just our depth and size right now, said Izzo, who has never coached against Miller. Our strengths are I think we can shoot the ball and I think we can be a team that can run very well. Our other worry is whether we can defend and rebound. Air Max 98 Pas Cher . MLS Commissioner Don Garber and Miami-Dade County Mayor Carlos Gimenez also will attend the session, which was announced Monday. The league has discussed placing its next two expansion teams in Miami and Atlanta. Air Max Thea Pas Cher Chine . LOUIS -- Alexander Steen scored a power-play goal with 59. http:///...pas-cher-france.html . -- The Bishops Gaiters are showing they belong among the countrys top varsity football teams. MEMPHIS, Tenn. -- Charlotte reserve center Spencer Hawes walked by the lockers of Hornets guards Kemba Walker and Jeremy Lamb with words of praise.Way to play, Huskies, Hawes said.The UConn duo of Walker and Lamb scored 21 points apiece, helping Charlotte build an early lead and coast to a 104-85 victory Monday night over the Memphis Grizzlies.Lamb provided a boost in the first half with a pair of 3-pointers off the bench to erase an early Memphis advantage, and Walker added steady scoring throughout the night. They were a combined 14 of 25 from the field, including 7 for 13 on 3-point attempts.I just tried to bring energy. When youre coming off the bench, you always want to bring energy, Lamb said.Michael Kidd-Gilchrist had 14 points and Frank Kaminsky added 12 for the Hornets, who won their second straight after a four-game losing streak.Marc Gasol led Memphis with 19 points and eight rebounds. Mike Conley had 14 points before leaving in the third quarter with a lower back injury.I was feeling like today was a day we could come in here and get a home win, said Memphis guard Tony Allen, who had nine points and two steals. This was a winnable game, and it took me by surprise.The largest scoring discrepancy in the game was at the free throw line, where the Hornets converted 23 of 31. Meanwhile, Memphis was 6 of 13, a difference that agitated the Grizzlies much of the night.Charlotte, which already led by 19 in the first half, extended the lead in the third quarter as Memphis became unhinged complaining about calls and relying -- mostly unsuccessfully -- on 3-pointers to try to get back in the game.And when Conley went to the locker room, it led to more disorganized play from Memphis.That hurt them a lot. He just brings so much for their team. Hes their leader, Walker said.TIP-INSHornets: G Nicolas Batum, who missed Saturdays win over the Knicks with a corneal abrasion, returned to action and started. He finished with six points. ... After committing five turnovers in the firstt quarter, the Hornets had nine more the rest of the way. Air Max Tn Pas Cher. Charlotte has the second-lowest turnover average in the NBA at 11.6 per game.Grizzlies: Their 14 points in the second quarter was a season low in that period for Memphis, and a season low for any quarter except nine points in the fourth against New Orleans in the fifth game of the season. ... Gasol had a four-point play near the midway point of the fourth. ... F Jarell Martin posted his first career double-double with 11 points and 12 rebounds.LAMB NOT SILENTLamb set a season high in points for the second straight game. He had 18 against the Knicks on Saturday. In addition to his 21 points vs. Memphis, he grabbed nine rebounds. (Im) just trying to lean on my teammates and my hard work. Everybody is encouraging me, Lamb said, later adding: Over the summer, I really tried to work on my mindset, whether things are going good or bad.SWEET REVENGEMemphis defeated the Hornets 105-90 in Charlotte on Nov. 21, and Walker remembered the bitter taste after the Grizzlies scored 69 first-half points and held a 25-point cushion at the break. They came to our house and beat us, and we wanted to come back and get this win back, he said. We didnt play the way we were capable of that night, and they brought it to us. They beat us up pretty bad. It was definitely a revenge game in my mind.CONLEY OUTConley left with 8:25 left in the third quarter after taking a charge from Kidd-Gilchrist and did not return. Conley was not in the locker room after the game, and team officials said his condition would be evaluated Tuesday. We dont know the status just yet, Memphis coach David Fizdale said. Were waiting to hear.UP NEXTHornets: Return home Tuesday to face the Detroit Pistons.Grizzlies: Travel to Toronto to face the Raptors on Wednesday, the sixth of seven straight games against Eastern Conference teams. ' ' '