ing for the Eagles in nearby southern | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
love520 Mai 23 '18
RIO DE JANEIRO -- Beneath Olympic Stadium, after the roars of the crowd subsided, three of the fastest men on earth took their turns with the media. Maximiliano Meza Argentina Jersey . One by one, they spoke from the other side of a waist-high metal barrier, close enough to touch, and the inevitability of Usain Bolt hit home.First came the bronze-medal winner in the 200-meter dash, Christophe Lemaitre of France. At 6-foot-3 and 185 pounds, Lemaitre, 26, has bulging calves and thighs but a shallow chest and narrow biceps. Then came silver medalist Andre De Grasse of Canada, at 5-foot-9, 154 pounds and just 21 years old, with the upper body of a teenager.Enter Bolt.Massive is a favorite slang term in Bolts native Jamaica. It describes both his presence -- pantomiming a karate kick to the cameras, filling the room with his booming baritone -- and his person. Watching him stand there -- at 6-foot-5 and 207 pounds, with wide shoulders, carved muscles, narrow waist and tapered legs -- the idea of any other athlete winning the 200-meter gold medal on Thursday night seemed preposterous.Bolt, who turns 30 on Sunday, is for all time a thoroughbred among colts, Formula 1 alongside go-karts. Hes too powerful to lose, too confident and, in his final Olympics, too motivated. His victory in the 200 gave him eight Olympic golds. He has won three straight in each of the 100 and 200. The final step for the once-unimaginable triple-triple is gold in the 4x100-meter relay on Friday night.Bolt has spoken so many times about wanting to stand among the giants of all sports -- Muhammad Ali, Pele, Michael Jordan -- not just track. He has been working toward cementing his legend in Rio since the 2012 London Games. The relay is not entirely within his control, so Bolts desired status is finally secure. On Thursday, however, it had yet to sink in.When Im at home, relaxing by myself, I might get a little emotional, he said. Right now, Im just happy I got it done.It didnt get done with size alone. Despite his admitted dislike of training, Bolts pursuit of athletic immortality pushed him to fully prepare for Rio. In March, I watched him blast through a set of 10 consecutive 200s on his Jamaica practice track, then collapse in exhaustion. His performances here, in his final Olympics, made it clear Bolt was primed for victory -- unlike in last years world championships, which he won anyway.A prepared Bolt is unbeatable. All due respect to Lemaitre and De Grasse, but Bolt had no human competition in the 200. His only opponent was the clock. He badly wanted to lower his own world record of 19.19, set in 2009. In the months before Rio, he had even spoken of running under 19 seconds.Bolt started well at the gun, quickly made up the stagger and roared out of the turn well in front. The effort on his face showed there would be no grinning, sideways glances in this race, no finger wags, no memes. He ran through the finish, losing his form a bit in the final meters, and was clocked in 19.78 seconds -- not even among his 10 fastest times.There was a misty rain during the race, but Bolt said the way De Grasse pushed him in the semifinal was more of a factor.I was disappointed, he confessed. Im always happy to win, but I was disappointed. I wanted to run faster. Even though I didnt break the world record, I wanted to run a little bit faster. But thanks to De Grasse in the semifinal, my legs were a little bit tired. Just one of those things. Im getting older, I dont recover like I usually do.The key thing is that I won. Thats what I came here for.He recovers enough to be dominant. The youngster De Grasse pushed Bolt until the finish line in the semifinal and still finished two meters behind Bolt in the final, in 20.02.In the years to come, none of the millions around the world who watched Thursdays race will complain about Bolts time. They will remember a huge man powering around the curve, down the homestretch and into history as the greatest sprinter ever. Lucas Biglia Argentina Jersey . - Baltimore Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco is not a fan of his teams use of the wildcat formation, saying "it makes you look like a high school offence. Paulo Dybala Argentina Jersey . It says Pocklingtons lawyer filed the appeal Friday in a California court. CTV Edmonton also says Pocklington gave a $100,000 cash deposit as part of the conditions of his bail, and that he will be out on bail until his appeal is heard. http://www.wholesaleargentinajerseys.com/ . The (11-11-4) Jets are seventh in the Central Division with 26 points.  Fifth place Dallas and sixth-seeded Nashville also have 26 points, but the Stars have three games in hand on Winnipeg while Nashville has two. PHILADELPHIA -- Carson Wentz is the rookie version of his favorite player.The Philadelphia Eagles quarterback grew up rooting for Brett Favre.Now, hes throwing more passes than even the Ol Gunslinger.Wentz has 498 pass attempts and hes on pace to break Donovan McNabbs team record of 571 attempts in a season. If he throws 130 more passes in the final three games, Wentz will break Andrew Lucks rookie record of 627 in 2012.Favre never fired away that many times in a season -- 613 was his high.I guess its hard to say that I expected to throw this much, but its just kind of the way games have gone, Wentz said. By no means am I complaining about it.The Eagles had more success when they ran more and Wentz threw less. They were 4-2 in the first six games when Wentz averaged 30.8 passes per game and 1-6 in the past seven when hes averaged 44.7.Playing catch-up often means having to pass more, but that hasnt been the case each week. Coach Doug Pederson called 51 passes and only 24 runs in last Sundays 27-22 loss to Washington , even though the score was close throughout and the Eagles led in the fourth quarter.You never want to ask your rookie quarterback to throw the ball 60 times and then 46 times like he did. Its usually a recipe for disaster, Pederson said.Have we asked a lot of him? Yeah, we have, and hes handled it extremely well. Its just making him a better quarterback for not only the rest of the season, but for the future.Wentz had no interceptions in his first three games when he tossed 102 passes. The Eagles won all three. He threw his first pick on his 135th attempt -- the final pass in a 24-23 loss to Detroit in his fourth game -- and has 12 interceptions total.While Philadelphia (5-8) plays out the strinng, Wentz has gained valuable experience during a rebuilding season. Willy Caballero Argentina Jersey. All those pass attempts should help him down the road.Theres no doubt that Carson is seeing a lot, offensive coordinator Frank Reich said. Hes seeing every kind of pressure, every kind of coverage. Hes figuring out what throws he can make, what throws he cant make, how he can improve here. Those are all good things that I think are going to help him in the long run.Wentz faces the NFLs fourth-ranked defense on Sunday when the Eagles visit Baltimore (7-6). The Ravens were No. 1 before Tom Brady and the Patriots racked up 496 yards in a 30-23 win on Monday night .Across the sideline is another small-school quarterback who had the kind of success Wentz strives to achieve. Joe Flacco, who grew up rooting for the Eagles in nearby southern New Jersey, played college ball at Delaware.The Ravens drafted him 18th overall in 2008 and he helped them reach the playoffs as a rookie. Of course, Baltimore had Ray Lewis and a great defense. Flacco then led the Ravens to a Super Bowl title four years later.Having a guy thats come from that level and to go in the way he did and have the success early, I think it just made people believe that it could be done again, said Wentz, who guided North Dakota State to consecutive FCS championships.I think he set the bar -- set the standard for that, at least in recent times. I think it was huge that teams could go and look at him as an example.---For more NFL coverage: www.pro32.ap.org and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL---Follow Rob Maaddi on Twitter: https://twitter.com/AP-RobMaaddi NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys China Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys NFL China Cheap Jerseys China China NFL Jerseys ' ' '