cky [was] because the potential my fathe | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Aug 12 '19
COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Setters are typically the heart of a volleyball team: The player who often thinks like a coach. Patrick McCaw Jersey . Some of the best in the country are here at the final four, and we talked to them about themselves, their teams, their TV shows, and even a little telepathy.Jenna Gray, Stanford freshmanIf you could set one ball to any athlete in any sport, who would it be?LeBron James, because one time he had a quote saying that he thought hed be good at volleyball. So Id like to test him.Whats your most memorable play of the season?When [fellow setter] Kelsey Humphreys got stuck in the front row against Wisconsin [in the regional final]. Lauren Carlini saw it, and Im sure she thought, Im going to set this side and get her. And Kelsey got the block, and we lost it. It was so exciting.What is your favorite thing about your schools fan base?Just the tradition. Not just the fans, but the alumni -- theyve written us notes and been so supportive.Who would brag more afterward: a setter who happened to get an amazing kill, or a hitter who made a perfect set?Oh, the hitter, obviously. Because all the hitters will say, I want to be a setter so bad. Theyll set it and say to me, Did you see that?Who on your team would be the best contestant on a reality show like the Amazing Race?I would say [junior opposite hitter] Merete Lutz. We had a scavenger hunt in the preseason, and she was sprinting the whole time. She was very serious about winning it for, like, a plastic medal.Chloe Collins, Texas seniorIf setters are like quarterbacks, who is your favorite QB?I like Peyton Manning ... even though hes an oldie now, and a retiree.Whats your most memorable play of the season?During the fifth set of the BYU match [in the regional semifinals] when I set Ebony Nwanebu, and she killed it hard-core cross-court. No one was digging that ball.Who was your sports idol growing up? Serena Williams, and she still is now. I always wanted to get into playing tennis, but I never really had the time with volleyball. But shes still my favorite.Who would play your coach, Jerritt Elliott, in a movie?Bruce Willis. He can be kind of corny and funny in a way, but still think hes kind of a badass. Plus, hes bald.How often do you change your mind at the last possible second on who youll set?Probably too many times.Samantha Seliger-Swenson, Minnesota sophomoreIts said that setters are like quarterbacks; do you have a favorite QB?I like Tom Brady; I did a book report on him in fourth grade.How often do you change your mind at the last possible second on who youll set?Sometimes ... its kind of stressful doing that. But I think it really helps, because it allows me to be more deceptive.Who would play you in a movie?Ive been told that my voice really sounds like Miley Cyrus; its a little bit raspy. But I dont know if we have the same behaviors.Who was your sports idol growing up?Misty May -- kind of the typical volleyball role model. She always played with such passion and fire. But also Erin Martin, an outside hitter who used to play for the Gophers. I would go to games at the [Sports Pavilion] when I was really young, and just looked up to her so much because she played with such energy.Is there a go-to show your entire team likes to watch?I dont know if theres one show, but throughout the season, wed always watch these creepy documentaries. Like the one on Amanda Knox. A few of us find that stuff really fascinating.Kelly Hunter, Nebraska juniorWhats your most memorable play of the season?Kadie [Rolfzen] has gotten blocked, hit in the head, and it went back over for a point twice. So I think thats pretty phenomenal. Those are always fun plays, especially when we end up winning them.What is your favorite thing about Nebaskas fan base?Their love and support; they show up for every game no matter what time it is. Theyre always tweeting us, and theyre active on social media, which is cool to see.Who was your sports idol growing up?My sister [Lindsey]. She went to Mizzou and did great things with them. I was little at the time, so it was hard for me to understand how good she was. But having her as a role model -- and my mom was a setter [at Nebraska] as well -- helped me continue the family legacy.Who would play you in a movie? I really like Jennifer Lawrence. Shes a little quirky, and she doesnt always say exactly what shes supposed to say.Who would brag more afterward: a setter who happened to get an amazing kill, or a hitter who made a perfect set?I think the setter who makes a good kill. ... Because all setters are thinking, I want to get the point for once! When setters can go up and take a rip at the ball and hang with the big dogs, its kind of fun. Jodie Meeks Raptors Jersey . For the Wild it was their first win of the season and they now have a record of 1-1-2 while the Jets fall to 2-2. Jets start a six game home stand Friday with another divisional game, home to the Dallas Stars. Tracy Mcgrady Raptors Jersey . The injury bothered Bledsoe in the Suns victory over the Clippers on Monday and he sat out the teams home loss to Memphis on Thursday night. http://www.nbaraptorsonline.com/Authentic-Jodie-Meeks-Jersey/ .H. -- Matt Kenseth made it 2 for 2 in the Chase, holding off teammate Kyle Busch to win Sunday at New Hampshire Motor Speedway. If its up to Shaquille ONeal, his son will play college basketball for LSUs Johnny Jones, Michigan States Tom Izzo or Kentuckys John Calipari.During his weekly podcast, ONeal said he wants Shareef ONeal (ranked 51st in the 2018 class per RecruitingNation) to play for coaches who can help him reach the NBA and develop more discipline.He said the three schools and coaches he favors would all prove beneficial to the career of the 6-foot-8, 205-pound junior who currently has an offer from USC.I would like my son to play for a coach thats going to teach him next-level stuff, ONeal said on Mondays edition of The Big Podcast With Shaq. I have three in mind: Johnny Jones, LSU, because I know him personally, Calipari and the coach from Michigan State ... Tom Izzo. Ive told my son many times, its your decision and it is [his] decision. ... I need somebody thats gonna curse him out, treat him like a man. Those three guys are the ones I would like him to play for.Shareef ONeal recently told 247Sports.com,, however, that his father prefers Kentucky over the other schools. Marc Gasol Jersey. y dad actually wants me to lean towards Kentucky, Shareef ONeal told the site. He has a good friendship with the coach there. I know a lot about that school because a lot of kids dream about going there. I like their style of play.ONeal didnt deny his sons claim.Ive said that, he said on the podcast. The reason why Kentucky [was] because the potential my father saw in me and him knowing that I was gonna go to the next level, I definitely see it in Shareef. The reason why he trusted me with Dale Brown was because he knew Dale Brown could get me to that next level. Not playing-wise or coaching-wise ... discipline-wise.ONeal also said he refuses to steer his son to any school but joked about the perks of attending his alma mater.LSU pays very well, he said. Im just playing. Im just playing. ' ' '