an Peterson. That still can hurt them in th | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Aug 25 '19
NEW YORK -- Renee Brown has been at the WNBA since its inception. Adrian Wilson Cardinals Jersey . Twenty years after joining the league, the WNBAs chief of basketball operations and player relations is stepping down this month.Its probably one of the most difficult decisions I made in my life, Brown told The Associated Press in a phone interview Monday. I love the WNBA, and was fortunate 20 years ago that Val (Ackerman), David (Stern), Russ (Granik) and Adam (Silver) allowed me to come in at the start of this league. Walking away, its sad but yet joyful at the same time.Brown is one of a handful of people still involved in the league since its beginning in 1997.Twenty years in, people didnt think wed be here, Brown said. I knew we would be. Its been fun watching the talent grow. I think the WNBA has been in great shape from the minute we came here. A lot to do with what the NBA gives the WNBA. From the beginning, I was very confident once the NBA allowed us to put the W in front of its name, wed be well taken care of.In her current role and through her work with the WNBAs competition committee, Brown has directly influenced how the game is played. This past season, teams set records for points per game, field goals made and attempted, field goal percentage, free throws made, free throw percentage and assists.Brown has also been involved with USA Basketball since 1996. She has served on its board of directors and chaired the selection committee of the senior national team.Renee has selflessly served USA Basketball as a coach, committee member and passionate supporter, said Carol Callan, director of womens basketball for USA Basketball. She first served as an assistant coach during the historic 1995-96 USA national team yearlong preparation for the 1996 Olympic Games in Atlanta.The U.S. hasnt lost in the Olympics since Brown got involved, winning six consecutive gold medals.Any time I put on a USA T-shirt or a sweatshirt, I put it on with so much pride recognizing were all representing our country, she said.Brown said she let WNBA President Lisa Borders know of her decision at the start of this season.Renees contributions to the WNBAs growth have been immeasurable, Borders said. It has been a pleasure working alongside her during this landmark season and I will continue to rely on her expertise. She will always be part of the WNBA family.Brown said she will continue to be involved in basketball, joining the Jr. NBA Leadership Council. The Nevada native plans to stay in New York for now.My goal is to stay in New York and look for other opportunities involved in the game, sports or women empowerment, Brown said. Take the skills Ive learned here and use them somewhere else. Its an exciting time for me. I thought Id be here three to four years. Twenty years later, Im here and its been great. Im looking forward to my next journey. Arizona Cardinals Jerseys . Numbers Game looks into the Canadiens securing the services of Thomas Vanek in a trade with the New York Islanders. The Canadiens Get: LW Thomas Vanek and a conditional fifth-round pick. Justin Pugh Cardinals Jersey . Houston won 3-0 to advance to face New York in the Eastern Conference semifinals. Last in the game, Di Vaio and Romero got into a shoving match with several Houston players. Romero appeared to elbow and kick Houston defender Kofi Sarkodie. http:///...ason-Reddick-Jersey/ .7 million, one-year contract, a raise of $2.2 million. Wieters had asked for $8.75 million and the Orioles had offered $6. Look out, Browns. The Panthers will challenge for the No. 1 pick in next years draft.Cam Newton has a concussion, the secondary is awful and the defending NFC champions are 1-3. Theyve already lost more games than in 2015 when they were 17-2.They must be finished. Right?Take it easy.The season is only one-quarter over and Derek Anderson is a solid backup. The Falcons (3-1) are playing well, but their defense is suspect so the NFC South isnt out of reach.Carolina hosts Tampa Bay (1-3) next Monday night and visits New Orleans (1-3) the following week, so they could be even by their bye week.Here are other overreactions following Week 4:OVERREACTION: Matt Ryan to Julio Jones is the greatest QB-WR combo in NFL history. Ryan threw for 503 yards, including 300 to Jones in a 48-33 win over the Panthers.REALISTIC REACTION: Montana-Rice. Manning-Harrison. Young-Rice. Just to name a few.---OVERREACTION: The Raiders will end their playoff drought. A 28-27 win at Baltimore has Oakland (3-1) off to its best start since winning the AFC championship in 2002.REALISTIC REACTION: They have two wins by one point. Theyre that close to being 1-3.---OVERREACTION: Andrew Luck is overrated. Luck and the Colts are off to a 1/3 start after going 8-8 last year.REALISTIC REACTION: A poor offensive line is hurting Luck. Hes been sacked 15 times and is on pace to be hitt nearly 200 times this season. Andy Isabella Womens Jersey. .---OVERREACTION: Pittsburghs 34-3 loss to the Eagles was a blessing in disguise. They rebounded nicely with a 43-14 win over Kansas City.REALISTIC REACTION: Theyre a legitimate contender in the AFC and certainly not as bad as the loss to Philadelphia indicated, but a 31-point loss is never anything to remember fondly.---OVERREACTION: The Ravens are a fluke. After beating teams that were 1-8 through the first three weeks, they lost their first tough test to Oakland.REALISTIC REACTION: You can only beat the teams on your schedule. Theyll be in the mix in the AFC North.---OVERREACTION: Chip Kelly will be the first coach fired. The 49ers have lost three straight after opening the season with a shutout win over the Rams.REALISTIC REACTION: Kelly signed a four-year deal worth $24 million. A 1-15 season might not cost him his job.---OVERREACTION: Sam Bradford and the Vikings are headed to the Super Bowl. A 24-10 win over the Giants has them off to a 4-0 start.REALISTIC REACTION: They dont have Adrian Peterson. That still can hurt them in the long run.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL---Follow Rob Maaddi on Twitter: https://twitter.com/AP-RobMaaddi ' ' '