0 at halftime. The Knights rallied from a 15-point second-half deficit to get within three on DaRon Currys jum | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
wzh123 Aug 27 '19
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. Jorginho Jersey . -- Alexis Jones finished a rebound shy of a triple-double while helping Baylor hand Tennessee one of the most thorough defeats the Lady Volunteers have ever suffered on their home floor.Jones had a career-high 30 points to go along with 10 assists, nine rebounds and just one turnover Sunday as the fourth-ranked Lady Bears trounced No. 22 Tennessee 88-66, matching the Lady Vols biggest home loss ever.I didnt know how close I was until I came out, Jones said. And then they told me all I needed was a rebound.Jones would have become the first Baylor player to ever post a triple-double that included points, rebounds and assists. Baylors last triple-double came from Brittney Griner, who had 28 points, 10 rebounds and 10 blocks against West Virginia on March 2, 2013.Baylor (9-1) scored the games first 11 points and never looked back to earn its seventh straight victory. The Lady Bears led by as many as 35 points before coasting to victory in this SEC/Big 12 Challenge matchup.The one loss that we suffered this year, we felt that it was a lack of focus, a lack of mental toughness, Baylor forward Nina Davis said in reference to a 72-61 loss at Connecticut on Nov. 17. We felt like we werent aggressive. Thats something that were not trying to have happen again, so each and every game were coming in with a mindset that were going to come in and dominate from the beginning of the game to the end.Davis had 20 points and nine rebounds for Baylor. Khadijiah Cave added 10 points.Mercedes Russell had 22 points, 12 rebounds and four blocks for Tennessee. Jaime Nared had 19 points and 11 rebounds. Diamond DeShields added 13 points.The only other time Tennessee (4-3) fell by as many as 22 points at home was a 74-52 loss to Texas on Dec. 1, 1985, at the old Stokely Athletics Center. Tennessee moved from Stokely to Thompson-Boling Arena in 1987-88.Weve got players that are underachieving, Tennessee coach Holly Warlick said. Were just underachieving and were not playing hard. I dont know. Honestly, I dont have an answer. (Baylor) looked a lot better prepared than the Lady Vols.THE TAKEAWAYBaylor: The Lady Bears capitalized on their size to dominate this game from start to finish. Baylor outscored Tennessee 58-28 in points in the paint. Baylor didnt need much Sunday from Kalani Brown, who scored just two points. Brown entered the day averaging 14.2 points per game to rank second on the team.Tennessee: The Lady Vols need more from DeShields. After committing 10 turnovers in a loss at Virginia Tech last week, DeShields shot 4 of 14 and had five turnovers against Baylor. She scored just two points in the first half.POLL IMPLICATIONSTennessees loss leaves the Lady Vols in danger of falling out of the Top 25. Tennessee ended a string of 565 consecutive weeks in the Top 25 late last season when it fell out of the rankings for the first time since 1985.NOTABLE NUMBERSOnly a major discrepancy at the foul line prevented the score from being even more lopsided. Tennessee was 23 of 33 on free throws while Baylor was 7 of 9. Baylor didnt attempt a single free throw in the first half.I dont know if Ive ever coached a game where we never shot a free throw until the middle of the third quarter -- and youre winning (by) 35-40 points, Baylor coach Kim Mulkey said. I dont know how you explain that. We never got to the foul line. If you look, they shot three or four times as many free throws. That has to speak volumes for how well (our) team played.QUOTABLETheyve got to go down swinging, Warlick said. Theyve got to carry a big stick. Were carrying a little twig right now, and that aint working.UP NEXTBaylor hosts Texas State on Tuesday.Tennessee visits No. 14 Texas on Dec. 11. Mateo Kovacic Jersey . LOUIS -- Lance Lynn was one of the more enthusiastic participants as the St. Olivier Giroud Chelsea Jersey . -- Canadian Andrew Wiggins got the ball on the wing, made a nifty spin move and then let go with a soft floater from about 10 feet that swished through the net in Allen Fieldhouse. http:///...padu-chelsea-jersey/ . Its 1987 and a Brazilian playmaker, known as Mirandinha, is being paraded around St James Park to the passionate Newcastle fans. NEW YORK -- Christian Sengfelder made four 3-pointers and scored 18 points and Javontae Hawkins made all 11 of his free throws and had 16 points in leading Fordham to a 68-55 victory over Fairleigh Dickinson on Friday night.Joseph Chartouny and Antwoine Anderson added 11 points each and Jesse Bunting pulled down 11 rebounds as the Rams (2-1) won the opening game of their Johnny Bach Classic.Mike Holloway had 16 points and 10 rebounds and Malik Miller 12 poiints and 10 boards for the Knights (1-2). Marcos Alonso Jersey. Stephan Jiggetts added 10 points.The Rams took the lead early on, never trailed and led 43-30 at halftime. The Knights rallied from a 15-point second-half deficit to get within three on DaRon Currys jumper with nine minutes to go before the Rams rebuilt their lead to 14 points. ' ' '