ating the Buffalo Bills 41-25.RAIDERS VS. BR | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Aug 28 '19
SEATTLE -- Mike Zunino admitted that a year ago when he was struggling at the plate, he would have gotten too aggressive and chased one of the pitches out of the strike zone being offered by Tim Lincecum. Alex Iwobi Arsenal Jersey .With more confidence and command of the zone, Zunino made Lincecum deliver a strike -- and in turn delivered a decisive blow for the Mariners.Zunino capped Seattles six-run first inning with a three-run home run off Lincecum, and the Mariners held on for a 6-4 win over the Los Angeles Angels on Friday night.After falling behind 0-2, Zunino fouled off a pair of 0-2 pitches, then watched Lincecum miss low with three straight changeups. He didnt miss the fourth changeup, thrown at his knees, golfing it into the bullpen beyond the left field wall.I probably would have chased a pitch or two in there and be over aggressive and not trust myself, Zunino said. Its just a process of being in those situations in the minor leagues and trusting yourself, getting into an 0-2 count and being able to work it back.Seattle overcame a rough first from starter Felix Hernandez and rallied with its largest first-inning output since scoring seven runs on May 15, 2013 against the New York Yankees. Seattle sent up 10 batters and recorded seven hits against Lincecum (2-6), capped by Zuninos sixth homer of the season.Hernandez (6-4) settled down after giving up a three-run shot to Mike Trout in the first. He retired 12 of the next 13 after Trouts 20th homer and picked up his second win since coming off the disabled list.Hernandez gave up a double to Yunel Escobar on the first pitch of the game, Trouts homer two batters later and a solo shot by Jett Bandy leading off the fifth. Otherwise, the Angels could not solve Hernandez, who struck out six and walked three. Hernandez completed eight innings for the first time since Sept. 10, 2015 against Texas.Rookie Edwin Diaz struck out the side in the ninth for his third save in three chances, hitting triple digits more than once. Diaz now has 56 strikeouts in 28 innings since being called up from the minors.No chance. That was unbelievable. Hes got unbelievable stuff, Hernandez said of Diaz.Down 3-0, Seattle started its first inning with four straight singles, including an RBI base hit by Robinson Cano. After a pop out, Adam Lind singled and Leonys Martins sacrifice fly that was deep enough to score Cano from third.Zunino followed with one of the more impressive at-bats of his young career.UNWELCOME HOMELincecum, a Seattle area native, made just his second career start at Safeco Field. He was already teetering in the Angels rotation, and Fridays rough start could finally lead them to make a move. It was his third straight start giving up at least four earned runs and he almost didnt make it out of the first inning. Lincecum finished 3 1/3 innings, giving up nine hits and six earned runs.The six runs in the first were the most ever surrendered in a single inning by Lincecum.Were going to have to sit down and review his video and see where the positives were and see what we are, Angels manager Mike Scioscia said.TRAINERS ROOM:Angels: RHP Garrett Richards has shown additional healing in the torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow. Richards will begin internal-rotation exercises to test his readiness to begin throwing. Richards received a stem-cell injection in May in an attempt to avoid Tommy John surgery.Mariners: SS Ketel Marte was scheduled to play six or seven innings in the field for Class A Everett on Friday. Marte has been on the disabled list since July 23 with mononucleosis and could be activated later this weekend.UP NEXTAngels: Tyler Skaggs (1-0) makes his third start of the season. Skaggs got a no decision in his last start against Boston despite throwing 5 1/3 shutout innings.Mariners: Taijuan Walker (4-7) returns from the disabled list to make his first start since July 5. Walker was sidelined by tendinitis in his right foot. Sead Kolasinac Jersey . 24 Baylor in a Big 12 clash between teams trending in opposite directions. Andrew Wiggins made 10-of-12 from the foul line and scored 17 for Kansas (14-4, 5-0 Big 12), which capped a stretch of four straight games against ranked opponents unscathed. Sokratis Papastathopoulos Arsenal Jersey .Y. - Nelson Mandela will be honoured by the New York Yankees with a plaque in Monument Park. http:///...anos-Arsenal-Jersey/ . Vancouver Whitecaps and Toronto FC failed to make the postseason while Montreal Impact fell at the first hurdle losing heavily to Houston Dynamo in the Eastern Conference Knockout Round. If its a given that NFL officials will be criticized now and then, such bad-mouthing becomes that much more significant when some of the leagues most prominent voices -- Cam Newton, Richard Sherman, Josh Norman -- rise in unison to complain about the men in stripes.Panthers quarterback Newton, the reigning near-unanimous MVP, was fed up after having his right knee twisted on a low shot from Cardinals defensive tackle Calais Campbell in the third quarter of Carolinas 30-20 victory over Arizona in a rematch of last seasons NFC championship game.At times, I dont even feel safe. And enough is enough. I plan on talking to Commissioner (Roger) Goodell about this, Newton said. I dont know what I have to do. ... I dont think theres a person that can go through what I go through and still keep their head.His words Sunday came a couple of months after he absorbed four helmet-to-helmet hits that resulted in a grand total of zero penalty yards in a season-opening loss to the Denver Broncos.This time, Newton noted the hits to the head while also making an impassioned plea for more protection in the pocket from officials, who hed rather have make more calls than frequently explain they were sorry for not throwing a flag.I just cant keep accepting, `Oh, we missed that one or `I apologize for doing that or `I didnt see it, Newton said.Seahawks cornerback Sherman and his coach, Pete Carroll, complained about what they said were illegal pick plays used by Saints receivers as New Orleans came back to beat Seattle 25-20 .Its hard to play defense like that. Its tough to play in this league with the way games are being officiated. The rules are already skewed to the offense, but you have to fight through it and find a way to win, said Sherman, never shy about sharing his thoughts. Its obvious to the outside world how the game was officiated. ... I mean, the calls -- or lack thereof -- were pretty egregious.Another speaks-his-mind, elite cornerback, Washingtons Norman, was upset after drawing five flags -- four for illegal use of hands -- while trying to cover Cincinnati receiver A.J. Green during the teams 27-all tie in London.Norman called out field judge Brad Freeman by uniform number andd said: Im just going to be honest with you; Im going to be straightforward: He was terrible. Mesut Ozil Arsenal Jersey. I feel like he should be reprimanded.No stranger to fines from the NFL, Norman -- and Newton and Sherman -- might be getting reprimanded this week.In case you missed it, here are the other notable topics after the NFL seasons eighth Sunday:0-16?: Only one team, the 2008 Detroit Lions, has gone 0-16, but now the Cleveland Browns are halfway there and looking capable of going a full season without winning after a 31-28 loss at home to possibly the easiest opponent left on the schedule, the QB-challenged New York Jets.KISSING YOUR SISTER: Maybe the NFL needs to reconsider its overtime rules yet again, because no one likes a tie, and for the first time since 1997, there have been two in one season -- in consecutive weeks, no less. I dont think there should be a tie. Is it a win? Is it a loss? Redskins defensive lineman Chris Baker said. I dont know what it is.BRADYS BACK: So maybe a little longer offseason for Tom Brady helped him and the Patriots. Since returning from his four-game Deflategate suspension, Brady has thrown for 12 touchdowns and zero interceptions and led his team to a 4-0 record. His latest masterpiece was a 4-TD performance while beating the Buffalo Bills 41-25.RAIDERS VS. BRONCOS : Lets look ahead to next Sunday night, when there will be quite a top-of-the-AFC matchup between the Super Bowl champion Broncos and the up-and-coming Oakland Raiders, a pair of 6-2 teams who are chasing the New England Patriots (7-1) for conference supremacy. And while the Raiders set an NFL record by being called for 23 penalties for 200 yards in their 30-24 overtime victory at Tampa Bay this week, the most noteworthy numbers were those put up by Oakland QB Derek Carr: 513 yards, four TDs, zero INTs. Should be fun watching Carr, Amari Cooper and Co. work against Denvers dominant defense.---Follow Howard Fendrich on Twitter at http://twitter.com/HowardFendrich---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and AP NFL Twitter feed: http://twitter.com/AP-NFL ' ' '