ason.BACK TO SIN CITYSanche | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Aug 28 '19
ARLINGTON, Texas -- Monday night began with a 2016 American League West Division championship banner being unfurled from the office complex beyond center field at Globe Life Park. Jay Novacek Womens Jersey . But the Texas Rangers took a step back in pursuing their next goal -- earning home-field advantage throughout the playoffs.Jonathan Villar homered twice and had a career-high five RBI and Matt Garza beat his former team as the Milwaukee Brewers defeated the Rangers 8-3.The loss dropped Texas one-half game behind the Boston Red Sox in the race for the leagues best record. The Cleveland Indians pulled within one-half game of the Rangers.Youre playing pretty much teams that are not in the race, and they have nothing to lose, said Texas shortstop Elvis Andrus, who had three hits along with left fielder Carlos Gomez. Its two different mentalities, but youve got to go out there and try to win games.Rangers starter Martin Perez (10-11) was looking to set a career high for wins in a season. He gave up a season-high eight earned runs and nine hits in 6 2/3 innings. His home record this season fell to 8-3.I threw strikes; thats why they hit the ball, Perez said. If I give up runs like that, with homers or hard base hits, I dont care. I just want to stay there and throw strikes.The number on the scoreboard, it is what it is, manager Jeff Banister said, but I didnt feel like that told the story. I feel like there were some pitches Martin threw well. It seemed like when he needed to get an out, he couldnt get the out.Garza (6-8) allowed three runs and six hits in six innings. He spent the second half of the 2013 season with Texas as a rental acquisition from the Chicago Cubs, going 4-5 with a 4.38 ERA. It was Garzas first appearance against Texas since 2010.I take it as this is our playoff right here, said Garza, who won Game 3 of the Division Series for the Tampa Bay Rays against Texas at Globe Life Park. Theyre a good team, and you want to go out and perform.JEFFRESS RETURNSJeremy Jeffress, acquired by Texas from Milwaukee along with Jonathan Lucroy on Aug. 1, made his first appearance since being reinstated Friday from the restricted list. He was arrested on a drunken driving charge in Dallas on Aug. 26 and was sent to an inpatient rehab clinic. Jeffress retired all four batters he faced.Getting this one out of the way is going to be pretty good for the next one, Jeffress said. I just took everything in. It made me feel good inside.CHANGE OF PITCHING PLANSBanister moved Cole Hamels final regular-season start up from Friday against Tampa Bay to Wednesdays series finale vs. Milwaukee. He said the change was made to allow Colby Lewis and Perez to start the last two games against the Rays.SHORT HOPSLucroy, who played 6 1/2 seasons for Milwaukee, faced his previous team for the first time. He went 1 for 4. . Perez added to his major league-leading total of groundball double plays induced with his 36th of the season in the sixth inning. . The Brewers scored in every inning in which their leadoff batter reached and failed to score in innings in which the leadoff man was retired.TRAINERS ROOMBrewers: RHP Taylor Jungmann wont pitch again this season after suffering a hip abductor during his start last Saturday night, which was his first in the majors since April.Rangers: OF Shin-Soo Choo (left forearm fracture) had three hits and two walks batting in all seven innings of an Instructional League game on Monday. Banister said he hopes to get RHP Tony Barnette (strained oblique), who last pitched on Sept. 4, into Tuesday nights game.UP NEXTBrewers RHP Jimmy Nelson (8-15) leads the NL in losses after getting off to a 3-1 start. Rangers RHP A.J. Griffin (7-4) lasted only 1 2/3 innings last Tuesday in Anaheim, allowing three hits and four walks. If Texas elects to go with four starters in the Division Series, Griffin is a contender for the final slot. Trysten Hill Jersey . "I was fortunate to play many years at this level with a great organization and unbelievable teammates," said Hejduk in a statement. Deion Sanders Womens Jersey . Their 38th instalment is arguably their biggest fight card to date, including three-title fights and a main event which was selected by the fans.  The promotion boasts 14-straight years of business and is operated by MFC president Mark Pavelich, who is often overlooked in this country for the foundation hes established for MMA in Canada. http://www.cowboysrookieproshop.com/Cowboys-Demarcus-Ware-Jersey/ . Thats not a comment on the suspension that banished the Portland Winterhawks general manager and coach from his Western Hockey League teams bench for most of the 2012-13 season. PASADENA, Calif. -- Josh Rosens arm once against captivated the Rose Bowl, but not with his usual passing prowess.It was a block Rosen threw that stole the show in the Bruins 42-21 win over UNLV on Saturday. Rosen sprung Soso Jamabos 23-yard touchdown run in the second quarter, putting his throwing shoulder into 280-pound defensive lineman Salanoa-Alo Wily as the sophomore running back cut back across the field.I wanted him to use his left shoulder rather than his right shoulder, UCLA coach Jim Mora said. I asked him if he could do that next time.Rosen threw for 267 yards and one touchdown and rushed for one score, Jamabo ran for 90 yards and three touchdowns as the Bruins (1-1) rebounded from a sluggish third quarter to hold off the improving Rebels (1-1).After posting an emphatic 37-3 win at UNLV last season, Mora was impressed with the improvement coach Tony Sanchezs team had made in less than one year. UCLA needed touchdown runs from Bolu Olorunfunmi and Rosen in the fourth quarter to pull away, with a targeting penalty against safety Kenny Keys extending the UCLA drive that pushed the lead back to 14 points.But that was the changing point of the game, Sanchez said. Third-and-10, were getting the ball back. All of a sudden you have that, they go down and score. Youre chasing it after that.Fabian Moreau intercepted two of UNLV quarterback Johnny Stantons passes, taking the first back 52 yards to set up a short touchdown run by Jamabo. Stanton had 153 yards passing for UNLV, which fell to 4-16 all-time against Pac-12 teams. Lexington Thomas added 112 yards rushing and one touchdown.Stanton found Mekhi Stevenson for a 14-yard touchdown pass late in the first half and scored on an 11-yard run in the third quarter to cut the deficit to 28-21. Devonte Boyd had five receptions for 84 yards, but dropped a sure 73-yard touchdown pass on the first play from scrimmmage. Tony Romo Womens Jersey. THE TAKEAWAYUNLV: It wasnt a signature win for Sanchez, but this gritty performance showed that he has the program trending up in his second season. UNLV hung with the Pac-12 South preseason favorite, demonstrating the energy and athleticism that had been missing for years. If Stanton can become a more consistent passer, a bowl bid isnt out of the question this season.UCLA: There is plenty of work to be done before conference play begins against nemesis Stanford on Sept. 24. The run defense allowed 175 yards, and UNLV was able to convert 8 of 15 third downs. Rosen and the offense went ice cold in the third quarter. UCLA has plenty of talent but remains wildly inconsistent.INJURY UPDATEAlready playing without defensive end Takkarist McKinley (groin), the UCLA defensive line got even thinner when Eddie Vanderdoes exited with a right knee strain. Vanderdoes tore his ACL in his left knee last season.BACK TO SIN CITYSanchez was pleased that UNLV was able to compete with UCLA, but less than thrilled with his teams travel arrangements.When asked what he took away from the game, Sanchez said, Other than the 4.5 hour bus ride home?Unlike the paycheck games that filled the Week 2 schedule where smaller teams receive a guaranteed payout, this game completed a home-and-home series with UCLA.UP NEXTUNLV: The Rebels are back on the road at Central Michigan with the Chippewas coming off their improbable and controversial 30-27 win at Oklahoma State. UNLV has not won a road nonconference game since 2007.UCLA: The Bruins wrap up their nonconference schedule at BYU, which represents the end of the early Pac-12 South slate for the Cougars. UCLAs last trip to Provo, Utah in 2008 was a 59-0 thumping, the Bruins worst loss since 1929. ' ' '