28 sports, both summer and winter, and ran from | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
wzh123 Aug 28 '19
PHILADELPHIA -- Jacob deGrom was dominant after getting extra rest this week. Brandon Pirri Jersey .DeGrom tossed a one-hitter, Curtis Granderson and Asdrubal Cabrera homered and the New York Mets beat the Philadelphia Phillies 5-0 on Sunday.DeGrom (6-4) allowed only a third-inning single to pitcher Zach Eflin and retired 27 of 29 batters. The lanky right-hander struck out seven, walked one and went the distance for the first time in 68 career starts. He hadnt pitched since July 6 because of the All-Star break.You go every five days, thats a lot of throwing, he said. Some time off, resetting helped.DeGrom became the first Mets pitcher to toss a one-hitter since R.A. Dickey against the Orioles on June 18, 2012.Hes gotten a little stronger, manager Terry Collins said of deGrom. You saw better command and his sinker was his best all year. In his last four starts, his velocity has started to creep up.DeGrom retired the first eight batters before Eflin singled up the middle.I knew who got the hit off me, deGrom said with a smile. After that, you want the shutout. I went out there every inning like it was the first inning. It was a lot of fun.Eflin (2-3) allowed five hits and three runs in six innings.I didnt have my best have my best stuff today, but I was able to battle and limit the damage, Eflin said.Granderson drove his 16th homer way out to right-center for a 2-0 lead in the third. Cabreras two-run shot off Andrew Bailey in the eighth was his 13th homer and gave the Mets a 5-0 lead.Juan Lagares gave the Mets a 1-0 lead in the second when he lined a triple to right. DeGrom helped himself with a two-out single in the fifth -- only his second hit in 27 at-bats this season. Jose Reyes followed with an RBI double to left-center to make it 3-0.DeGrom continued his mastery in day games. He is 15-3 with a 1.63 ERA without the bright lights and 14-15 with a 3.19 ERA at night.I was hoping Id have one like this where everything is working, he said.ROSTER MOVEThe Mets called up OF Michael Conforto and optioned OF Brandon Nimmo to Triple-A Las Vegas. Conforto was demoted on June 25 after hitting .148 after May 1. He found his groove in the minors, batting .344 with nine extra-base hits and 15 RBI. Nimmo hit .235 with one homer and four RBI in 16 games.I know I have a lot to work on and I can do that in Triple-A, Nimmo said. I know I can play here. (Being up) gave me confidence I can do it.STATSDeGrom is 4-0 vs. the Phillies and the Mets have won all seven of his starts against them. .... The Mets have 16 homers in six games in Philadelphia. ... Theyre 31-13 in Citizens Bank Park since 2012. ... Phillies 2B Cesar Hernandez is hitless in his last 14 at-bats.STANDINGSThe defending NL champion Mets (49-42) took two of three and maintain hold of a wild-card spot. The Phillies (43-50) are seven games behind.TRAINERS ROOMMets: OF Yoenis Cespedes returned to the lineup after sitting out the first two games to rest his strained right quadriceps.UP NEXTMets: LHP Steven Matz (7-5, 3.38 ERA) opens a three-game series at the Cubs. LHP Jon Lester (9-4, 3.01) goes for Chicago.Phillies: RHP Aaron Nola (5-8, 4.69) starts the opener of a four-game series vs. the Marlins. All-Star RHP Jose Fernandez (11-4, 2.52) pitches for Miami. Nick Holden Jersey . The 28-year-old from Calgary matched his career best after missing just one shot in his two rounds of shooting in the mens 10-kilometre sprint competition. Smith finished in 23 minutes 15. Marc-Andre Fleury Golden Knights Jersey . -- Catcher Brett Hayes has agreed to a $630,000, one-year contract with the Kansas City Royals, avoiding salary arbitration. http:///...lden-knights-jersey/ . -- Ty Montgomery had 290 all-purpose yards and two touchdowns, and fifth-ranked Stanford held on to beat No. LONDON -- International Olympic officials will explore the legal options for a potential total ban on Russia from the games in Rio de Janeiro. The IOC is taking measures to punish athletes and officials involved in the state-run doping conspiracy.The IOC executive board announced steps on Tuesday following a scathing report by a World Anti-Doping Agency investigator who accused Russias sports ministry of overseeing doping of the countrys athletes across 28 Olympic sports.WADA and other anti-doping officials urged the IOC to consider the unprecedented step of excluding the entire Russian contingent from the Rio Games. The International Olympic Committee stopped short of supporting such a move, but it didnt rule it out, either.First, the IOC said, it will carefully evaluate the report issued on Monday by Canadian lawyer Richard McLaren, who listed 20 summer sports as being part of systematic cheating in Russia and confirmed the manipulation of Russian doping samples at the 2014 Winter Games in Sochi.The IOC will explore the legal options with regard to a collective ban of all Russian athletes for the Olympic Games 2016 versus the right to individual justice, the 15-member ruling executive board said in a statement following a meeting by teleconference.The IOC noted that it will have to take into account a decision coming on Thursday from the Court of Arbitration for Sport, which will rule on Russias appeal against the ban on its track and field athletes from Rio. That ban was imposed in November by the IAAF and upheld last month.Meanwhile, the IOC said it has started disciplinary action against Russian sports ministry officials and others implicated in McLarens report, including denial of accreditation for the Rio Games.The IOC also:said it will not organize or give patronage to any sports event or meetings in Russia, including plans to hold the European Games in the country in 2019.will launch retesting, including forensic analysis, of doping samples from the Sochi Games. Moscows former doping lab director, Grigory Rodchenkov, said dirty samples of Russian athletes -- including gold medalists -- were swapped out in the middle of the night for clean samples, with the help of Russian intelligence service officials.set up a commission to carry out a full inquiry into all of the Russian athletes who competed in Sochi, along with their coaches, officiaals and support staff. Jonathan Marchessault Golden Knights Jersey. asked WADA to extend McLarens mandate to disclose the names of Russian athletes whose positive doping samples were covered up, and whose samples were manipulated in Sochi.called on all international winter sports federations to freeze their plans for holding major events in Russia, including world championships and World Cups, and to seek alternative venues in other countries.The IOC said the provisional measures would apply until Dec. 31 and be reviewed by the IOC that month.Earlier Tuesday, summer Olympic sports federations made clear they do not support a blanket ban on Russia for Rio and would prefer that doping was handled on an individual basis.The Association of Summer Olympic International Federation asked WADA to immediately provide all the detailed information to the 20 international federations concerned so that they may begin processing the individual cases under their own separate rules and regulations as soon as possible, and in line with the WADA Code and the Olympic Charter.It is important to focus on the need for individual justice in all these cases.The association said it endorses all federation decisions, including those that take into account collective responsibility of organizations under the IFs governance.That means that rather than applying a total ban, federations could suspend individual Russian sports. Thats already the case with the IAAF, which barred Russias track athletes from the games following previous WADA-commissioned reports into Russian doping.The summer associations position falls in line with recent comments by IOC President Thomas Bach, who has cited the need to strike a balance between individual justice and collective punishment. He said last week that, if summer sports were implicated in the McLaren report, the international federations would have to decide on the eligibility of Russian athletes on an individual basis.McLarens report uncovered a state-run doping scheme that ensnared 28 sports, both summer and winter, and ran from 2011 to 2015.The investigation told of 312 positive tests that Russias deputy minister of sport directed lab workers not to report to WADA. Russias intelligence service, the FSB, was also involved, the report said. ' ' '