s.UP NEXTPirates: After getting Monday off, Pittsburgh continues its 11-game road trip on Tuesday | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Aug 30 '19
                                      BALTIMORE -- The Baltimore Orioles have placed right-hander Ubaldo Jimenez on the paternity leave list and recalled righty Tyler Wilson from Triple-A Norfolk. Dallas Mavericks Jerseys .Jimenez left the team Saturday to join his wife, who was expected to give birth Aug. 21 but could deliver early, manager Buck Showalter said.Jimenez began the season in the starting rotation but was demoted to the bullpen after a series of poor outings. Hes 5-9 with a 7.38 ERA and has not pitched since July 8.Wilson is 4-6 with a 5.22 ERA in 16 games with Baltimore this season. He was optioned to Norfolk on July 3. Custom Dallas Mavericks Jerseys . DAmigo scored twice in regulation and added the shootout winner as the Toronto Marlies edged the San Antonio Rampage 5-4 in American Hockey League action. Jose Juan Barea Mavericks Jersey ., and Rudi Swiegers of Kipling, Sask., took sixth spot on Saturday in pairs at the NHK Trophy ISU Grand Prix figure skating competition. http:///...po-mavericks-jersey/ .S District Court against Major League Baseball, the Office of the Commissioner and his own union, the MLBPA. CINCINNATI -- Ivan Nova was unbeaten for seven weeks, then beaten up Sunday.Joey Votto smacked his 25th homer, Tucker Barnhart tied his career high with four RBI and the Cincinnati Reds snapped the Pittsburgh Pirates four-game winning streak with a 7-4 victory.Votto finished with four hits, including his eighth-inning solo homer, as the Reds finally got to Nova (12-7) while clouding Pittsburghs fading postseason hopes and snapping their own four-game skid.People watching on television probably saw more lateral movement than downward on his changeup and the command on his curveball wasnt as sharp, Pittsburgh manager Clint Hurdle said. He was more east and west than sink on his changeup and didnt have as much break on his curve and that helps eliminate the disruption of the hitters timing. Today was a day that, unfortunately, the pitcher didnt show up with his best gear.The Pirates went into the game in fourth place in the National League wild-card standings, five games out of the second berth.Dan Straily (13-8) limited Pittsburgh to three runs in six innings, overcoming Sean Rodriguezs solo home run and four walks to slow down a Pirates offense that had piled up 41 runs during their winning streak. He allowed five hits and had five strikeouts.Nova was 5-0 overall and 2-0 in two starts against Cincinnati since being acquired from the Yankees on Aug. 1, but the Reds rocked him for nine hits and five runs -three earned -- in three innings.Im human, he said. Its one of those days where you either have it or you dont. I wanted to keep fighting and give my team a chance to win the game, and I didnt do it. I just didnt do the job. I guess I left it all in the bullpen. I felt good in the bullpen. I had faced them two times already. Give them some credit, too.Pedro Florimon gave Pittsburgh a 2-0 lead with a two-run triple on a drive to center field that glanced off Jose Perazas glove before bouncing off the wall in the second.Barnhart tied the score with a two-run doublee to right-center field in the bottom of the inning. Dwight Powell Mavericks Jersey. The Reds -- wearing green uniforms while celebrating Irish culture day -- piled up five hits and three runs against Nova in the third. Straily had a line-drive single to right after going 0 for 48 in his career before the at-bat.Brandon Phillips drove in Votto with a ground-rule double to center field and scored on Scheblers single to left. Schebler went to third when left fielder Adam Frazier misplayed Ivan De Jesus Jr.s single for an error, setting up the first of Barnharts two sacrifice fly balls.TBA ALL AROUNDThe Pirates were waiting to see how their two young starters, RHP Jameson Taillon and Trevor Williams, responded to pitching in Saturdays doubleheader before announcing a rotation for their three-game series in Milwaukee that starts on Tuesday.FENCE BUSTERSRodriguezs sixth-inning home run was the 239th allowed by Cincinnati pitchers this season, tying the National League record set by the 2001 Rockies. The record of 241 was set by the 1996 Tigers.RISP-Y BUSINESSBarnhart is hitting .375 (30-for-80) with runners in scoring position this season.TRAINERS ROOMPirates: RHP Tyler Glasnow was hit on his inner left foot by a sharp line drive off the bat of Adam Duvall in the sixth inning. A trainer took a quick look, but Glasnow stayed in the game.Reds: After skipping a scheduled bullpen session on Friday, RHP Homer Bailey threw one on Sunday. Bailey hasnt pitched since Aug. 28 because of biceps soreness.UP NEXTPirates: After getting Monday off, Pittsburgh continues its 11-game road trip on Tuesday with the first of three games in Milwaukee. The Pirates have yet to announce a rotation for the series.Reds: Tim Adleman (2-4) is Cincinnatis scheduled starter in Mondays opener of a three-game series against the Cubs in Chicago, the beginning of an 11-day, 10-game road trip. ' ' '